Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firearms Forum Statement of Purpose

There is nothing unChristian about owning firearms, though Christians can have a legitimate diversity of opinions on their proper usage. All disagreements between members should remain light and not turn into a serious debate. Such debates are better suited to other forums.

Some specific guidelines for this forum include:

1. This is a safehouse forum for firearms enthusiasts, criticizing or mocking gun owners is not alowed.
2. This forum is intended to be informational and not for debate. There may be some disagreements, but these should be handled with grace towards one another rather than attacking one another.

You say disagreements about deadly weapons should "remain light and not turn into serious debate."
Deadly weapons are serious.
Do you agree?
Shouldn't we discuss a serious subject seriously?

I guess I'm not supposed to visit this firearm section if I can't talk lightly about deadly weapons.
I guess I'm supposed to pretend that it's okay if gun-loving Christians give Jesus a bad name.
But gun-loving Christians do give Jesus a bad name.
Gun lovers who call themselves Christians make other people think Jesus was a Warrior God.
This is a serious matter.

Christianity is not growing as fast in our world as other religions.
Why?
Perhaps it's because some Christians give Christianity a bad name.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'm not supposed to visit this firearm section if I can't talk lightly about deadly weapons.
That's correct. Please leave if all you want to do is complain about guns and gun owners. This forum is not for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's correct. Please leave if all you want to do is complain about guns and gun owners. This forum is not for you.
On the contrary -- I think that cat should stick around and explain what he means.

He's accused gun-owners of, essentially, ruining Christianity.

If someone wants to insult believers so casually, he should deal with the questions that will be lobbed his way.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I know that -- the comment was just so pretentious that I'd love to hear it explained further.
Yeah, she's already started a thread in another forum to complain. You might want to join in on the "debate" there:
Guns

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, she's already started a thread in another forum to complain. You might want to join in on the "debate" there:
Guns
Think I'll stay out of that one. Arguing with a wall would be more effective.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Think I'll stay out of that one. Arguing with a wall would be more effective.
That's the way I feel about the whole thing, too. Folks are going to come on this forum with the express purpose of throwing monkey-poo at gun owners. It's best if we just report them, and ignore their posts and callous disregard for the rules of this forum. No one here is going to change anyone's mind about their opinion on guns and gun owners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's the way I feel about the whole thing, too. Folks are going to come on this forum with the express purpose of throwing monkey-poo at gun owners. It's best if we just report them, and ignore their posts and callous disregard for the rules of this forum. No one here is going to change anyone's mind about their opinion on guns and gun owners.

You are completely right, of course. And, I withdraw my earlier comment -- having seen the debate on the other thread you mentioned, I'm not at all interested in hearing the "gun owners are anti-Christian" argument at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"How can/do firearms glorify God? "

Just from the title -
compare -
"How can bricks and stones glorify God? "
"How can rocks glorify God? "
(just remembered the rocks might sing, in the GOSPELS, as JESUS said, if the people were quiet! ) :) ....

Yet at the time JESUS was stoned and crucified, and many others over many years (even the last 2 years , on the news),
no one tried to say
the stones should be outlawed ..... right ?

• Agree
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Guns are tools, hunting, self defense, police implements, war, sport ..
And there's this, Luke 22:36 .. I see having a gun as "be prepared" ..
My main use is hunting and sport.

Nothin' like deer meat in the freezer and good, fun competition shooting!

• Agree
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've taken the time to read through some of these threads, and this has come up a couple of times and it's utterly mind boggling to me. I don't own a gun, I've thought about buying one for self-defense, but it would be something that I would hope I never have to use and only use it as a last resort, and never to kill. Yet, I've seen multiple people on here saying it can glorify God, even one person saying they're gift. It's utterly foreign to me how a Christian can see an object built to destroy is a gift from God?

Personally? I think I would ask the posters themselves directly about their comments, and not tend to do the popular thing by assuming majority of gun owners feel the same way. I mean why would you think people could even explain other's way of thinking to you in every context? lol! Think about it! I know I couldn't do that myself. Everyone is custom!

There are many tools we have that built to 'destroy' things. There are so many examples of tools we use to get rid of or destroy things. Heck, we have antibiotics that destroy infections. Antibiotics are a object that destroys things, and many find it a gift from God.

Content - to me anyway - is everything in majority of cases. For example, if I got caught in a war zone with little to no protection? I would feel God handed me a gift if I found something to defend myself with. lol yet, I would be praying for the ability to do just that too! In that circumstance it could be viewed as a gift, but that doesn't mean in any other circumstances I couldn't view it differently. For example, if I was walking down the sidewalk near a playground (not that this could happen) and found a gun? lol I wouldn't be viewing it as a gift at that point, but I may thank God for allowing me to find it before a child did thinking it was toy!

I think my point is your questions are to general in nature. If you gave us the content in which those statements were made? It maybe easier to explain even if the person answering you may not agree with the posters comment.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've taken the time to read through some of these threads, and this has come up a couple of times and it's utterly mind boggling to me. I don't own a gun, I've thought about buying one for self-defense, but it would be something that I would hope I never have to use and only use it as a last resort, and never to kill. Yet, I've seen multiple people on here saying it can glorify God, even one person saying they're gift. It's utterly foreign to me how a Christian can see an object built to destroy is a gift from God?
Mine are for target shooting and occasional vertebrate pest control. Plus they make me look cool.

00000002.JPG

See? Super cool.

• Haha
Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My main use is hunting and sport.

Nothin' like deer meat in the freezer and good, fun competition shooting!

I won 60 dollars at a turkey shoot with my son at Christmas with one shot way back when . Took the money and run .. ^_^

Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Content - to me anyway - is everything in majority of cases. For example, if I got caught in a war zone with little to no protection? I would feel God handed me a gift if I found something to defend myself with.
What do you think about Corrie ten Boom - thru the holocaust without defending herself- her whole family not defending themselves, and she/they knew or also learned to have JOY and PEACE and THANKSGIVING
INSIDE prison camps, even while many were being slaughtered?

And Elizabeth Elliott, well know missionary whose husband was killed and eaten by canabals when he was a missionary first,
then she became a missionary to the same canabals at the risk of her life, with no weapons,
and not just that tribe but many others
were within a few years
immersed in JESUS, saved, set apart(holy), members of the body of CHRIST ! ?

And Desmond Doss , who never would touch a weapon, even in the pacific war , under fire, and still got the highest possible medal for courage "SAVING the troops he was with! "

seen in the movie "conscientious objector" ,
and
something ridge (the newest popular movie about him)
oh, hacksaw ridge....

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
And Desmond Doss , who never would touch a weapon, even in the pacific war , under fire, and still got the highest possible medal for courage "SAVING the troops he was with! "

seen in the movie "conscientious objector" ,
and
something ridge (the newest popular movie about him)
oh, hacksaw ridge....
All I got to say about this is that I'm extremely glad that there were soldiers who DID use a weapon!

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.