How can any Christian vote for pro-abortion politicians?

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Abortion isn't a choice; it's taking an innocent life. Abortion advocates like to fancy themselves as "pro-choice," but such a term is misleading. It wouldn't make sense if I were to say that stealing is wrong, but I would never interfere in other people's right to choose to steal, and therefore conclude that theft shouldn't be a crime.

Many verses in the Bible testify to the fact that there is life in the womb. One such verse is Luke 1:41: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit."

How can any Christian vote for politicians who support abortion? That goes against God's teaching in the Bible not to murder (Exodus 20:13).

Because the pool of people to vote for is that bad. You have an anti-abortion person who is unfortunately complete trash on many other important issues, and vise versa.

As much as I am against abortion it isn't the only negative quality in todays politicians. One guy can be supporting the law of God on this but everything else about isn't supporting Christian values at all. So in the end, you'll still be voting for someone who isn't giving much christian morals anyway.

Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟134,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
John Hepher,

I have never heard a "Pro-Choice" politician apologize for enabling the slaughter of millions of unborn children. After all your Jerry Springer style moralizing on Trump, you seem to have no problem with that or the continuing bloodshed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would not support either one. There are more than just two choices. If you mean that there are only two serious choices, then I would suggest that is exactly the problem. Choose the least worst leader is a horrible position into which we've put ourselves precisely because we continue to believe that there are only two options.

Even if it seems useless, it is better to vote for the losing (yet righteous candidate) than settling for the least worst of an unrighteous lot. Even if that means you must wright a name on the ballot, or perhaps even not vote (assuming there are no suitable candidates on the ballot) then that is still better than voting for someone you know is corrupt just because he's slightly less corrupt than the other guy.
So for the record, if you were in Nazi Germany and there was only one viable candidate to stop the Holocaust, you would not vote for him if he or she were a adulterer and/or liar.

Duly noted

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Because the pool of people to vote for is that bad. You have an anti-abortion person who is unfortunately complete trash on many other important issues, and vise versa.

As much as I am against abortion it isn't the only negative quality in todays politicians. One guy can be supporting the law of God on this but everything else about isn't supporting Christian values at all. So in the end, you'll still be voting for someone who isn't giving much christian morals anyway.
The pool of people in Washington is not going to improve. This is directly related to the amount of unchecked power there is there now. The more power, the more corruption.

The Lord of the Rings had this message. Put on that ring of power, and it changes you. We were never meant to have such power, and God warned the children of Israel about appointing a king in 1 Samuel 8 for this very reason, but they would not listen and wound up with Saul. It was a short spiral downward until the nation was then divided in two, and later annihilated altogether.

Here is a sobering fact. The great majority of sociopaths live in Washington DC. And it makes sense. After all, those without a conscience are only worried about one thing, power.

And the professions with the most sociopaths follow in this order

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media.

These are the folks that run things, which is why there is such opposition to stopping abortion.

The only hope to stop all this is to reduce the power and influence of the Federal government and return power to the states as originally intended. Those interested can check out the Article V movement that wants to do just that. If states can amend the Constitution, which has never been done before, they can do things like create term limits for those in Congress and demand a balanced budget of some kind for the federal Congress, 2 things desperately needed and 2 things about 80% of Americans favor. But just remember who you are fighting, powerful sociopaths by in large.

Which Professions Have the Most Psychopaths? The Fewest?

Not a Surprise: DC Has Highest Concentration of Psychopaths in the United States

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Their goal is, after murdering the baby, they cut it up and sell the body parts for profit!
Who in their right mind, not to mention a believer could support that.

Because there are other issues that are more important.

I don't believe in abortion for myself or my other half, seven kids between an ex-girlfriend and ex-wife can attest to that, but I allow others to make their own choices in regards to abortion as it is their life to live.

Healthcare, foreign policy, our poor, etc... are all issues that are higher priority for me.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe in abortion for myself or my other half, seven kids between annex-girlfriend
What other issues are more important than over 60 million slaughtered babies?

Or do you not believe they are really human?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe in abortion for myself or my other half, seven kids between an ex-girlfriend and ex-wife can attest to that, but I allow others to make their own choices in regards to abortion as it is their life to live.

Healthcare, foreign policy, our poor, etc... are all issues that are higher priority for me.

Praying for you

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
What other issues are more important than over 60 million slaughtered babies?

Or do you not believe they are really human?

I didn't say that they aren't human, but those others

I mentioned the other issues. I accidently hit post before finalizing the reply.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Praying for you

No need to pray for me. I am not a one issue voter and i cannot allow just one issue that won't ever get resolved sway me from issues that can be resolved, maybe not the poor, but healthcare and foreign policy are issues which can be solved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that they aren't human, but those others

I mentioned the other issues. I accidently hit post before finalizing the reply.
Wow. So you believe them to be human but think that health care and foreign policy matters more important.

Duly noted.

Incidentally, Trump is the first President in a very long time not to start a war, and what he did with health care is not make it a crime not to be forced into Obamacare.

If that trumps the abortion issue, that is your call.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No need to pray for me. I am not a one issue voter and i cannot allow just one issue that won't ever get resolved sway me from issues that can be resolved, maybe not the poor, but healthcare and foreign policy are issues which can be solved.
I think we all need prayer, last time I checked anyway

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So for the record, if you were in Nazi Germany and there was only one viable candidate to stop the Holocaust, you would not vote for him if he or she were a adulterer and/or liar.

Duly noted

Why didn't Jesus think about that? Satan offered him the whole world! Jesus could have ushered in a new, golden age of peace and prosperity, instituting laws of fairness and justice. He could have made the world great again, if only he had accepted a little bit of immorality to get it. What a selfish dummy he was.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow. So you believe them to be human but think that health care and foreign policy matters more important.

Duly noted.

Incidentally, Trump is the first President in a very long time not to start a war, and what he did with health care is not make it a crime not to be forced into Obamacare.

If that trumps the abortion issue, that is your call.

No one was forced into Obamacare. I have health insurance through my employer, as does my girlfriend, and the majority of other people I know who are employed. I didn't even qualify for Obamacare because Obamacare thinks that if you make under a certain amount of money, you qualify for Medicaid. Unfortunately, here in Florida, Rick Scott, our Governor at the time, refused to expand Medicaid to help people like me who didn't make enough to afford healthcare and made too much for Medicaid.

I like Bernie Sanders' idea for healthcare as it works in some many other countries. Just that we have too many people in the states who are afraid of change and are too prideful to allow that type of plan to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why didn't Jesus think about that? Satan offered him the whole world! Jesus could have ushered in a new, golden age of peace and prosperity, instituting laws of fairness and justice. He could have made the world great again, if only he had accepted a little bit of immorality to get it. What a selfish dummy he was.
Wait.........wut?

I am not understanding your point.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No need to pray for you?

Even IF you disagree with someone... WHY would you ever reject prayer to be shown truth in which way you should go?

IF you are correct, there would be no correction shown to you. In fact the one in prayer for you may have it revealed that they are in error.

If you are wrong, why despise correction or guidance from the Father?

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I think we all need prayer, last time I checked anyway

We do, but not the prayer that was being offered me in the hopes I would change my mind in regards to the issues I feel to be more important than abortion.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No one was forced into Obamacare. I have health insurance through my employer, as does my girlfriend, and the majority of other people I know who are employed. I didn't even qualify for Obamacare because Obamacare thinks that if you make under a certain amount of money, you qualify for Medicaid. Unfortunately, here in Florida, Rick Scott, our Governor at the time, refused to expand Medicaid to help people like me who didn't make enough to afford healthcare and made too much for Medicaid.

I like Bernie Sanders' idea for healthcare as it works in some many other countries. Just that we have too many people in the states who are afraid of change and are too prideful to allow that type of plan to happen.
I hear you, but does it concern you that the very people who passed Obamacare and made so many false promises about it are the same people who now want to sell you another plan and the ink is not even dry on the legislation?

Blame the GOP all you want for this, but they were not even included in the decisions.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No need to pray for you?

Even IF you disagree with someone... WHY would you ever reject prayer to be shown truth in which way you should go?

IF you are correct, there would be no correction shown to you. In fact the one in prayer for you may have it revealed that they are in error.

If you are wrong, why despise correction or guidance from the Father?

Because it was used as an insult as another posted pointed out! I just didn't express that well in my reply.

Upvote 0