• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured How can any Christian vote for pro-abortion politicians?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Christian Republican, Oct 16, 2020 at 1:29 PM.

1. Christian Republican

Christian Republican I vote pro-life

+14
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Abortion isn't a choice; it's taking an innocent life. Abortion advocates like to fancy themselves as "pro-choice," but such a term is misleading. It wouldn't make sense if I were to say that stealing is wrong, but I would never interfere in other people's right to choose to steal, and therefore conclude that theft shouldn't be a crime.

Many verses in the Bible testify to the fact that there is life in the womb. One such verse is Luke 1:41: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit."

How can any Christian vote for politicians who support abortion? That goes against God's teaching in the Bible not to murder (Exodus 20:13).

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,756
    Christian
    Married
    Well...I usually just to go in, show my voters card and ID, get my ballot, fill it out for the candidate I'm voting for and put it into the ballot box. It's usually easy and fairly painless to do.
    tulc(hopes that helps)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,460
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    All murder is wrong, including acts of war. How is it the nations build killing machines? Should these be abolished too?

4. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 A Beautiful Mess

+956
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I don't believe anyone who believes in the sanctity of unborn life can, in good faith, vote for a pro-abortion politician. You are literally supporting the murder of millions of babies. I do believe that people have a tremendous and tragic ability to suppress the truth, as well as their own consciences, and thus can pull the voting lever without doing the hard examination of what it really entails.

5. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,195
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    1) Not all Christians believe that fetus are humans, and thus don't consider abortion to be homicide.
    2) There is no indication that banning abortions would actually reduce the amount, but it will make it more dangerous. So some might think harm reduction by keeping it legal is better then virtue singling by banning it.
    2) Even those who might believe abortion is wrong might not be a one issue voter. Both parties have elements of their platforms that go against Christian beliefs. It's a matter of figuring out which party is closer. I personally think bans are ineffective, and Democrats are more likely to support policies that reduce the demand for abortion. So if I were a single issue voter, I would still probably lean Democratic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Christian Republican

+14
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    War is another subject that is unrelated to abortion. Quit trying to divert attention away from the subject at hand by changing the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,195
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Why is it unrelated? They are both about taking lives aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Christian Republican

+14
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    You know why it's unrelated. It's two different subjects. Quit the red herrings.

9. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,149
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Because there are more issues than just abortion to vote on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  10. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,195
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Why is it two different subjects? They are both about taking life. Or does prolife only count for fetuses?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. plain jayne

plain jayne Member

+185
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not everyone who calls themselves Christian believe in nor maintain a Biblical worldview. For many, being a Christian is just a moniker they brandish. It means very little.

12. WolfGate

WolfGate Senior Member

+1,259
    Christian
    Married
    Perhaps because some Christians who believe abortion is wrong also believe the wrong things about the other candidate outweigh that single issue, particularly in light of the failure of pro-life candidates to enact any meaningful change for decades.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Bond-servant of Christ

Bond-servant of Christ Member

+115
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    how can anyone vote for a person with morals the of Trump? Or does this no longer matter. As important an issue abortion is, which I believe to be murder, it is not the only important issue around. Both Trump and Biden are pro lgbtq, which is destroying the very fabric of our society, and families, as the Bible has it.

14. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,283
    Non-Denom
    Married
    God has a plan for the time and place of our births:
    -“And he made from one man every race of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted epochs and the fixed boundaries of the places where they would live;” (Acts 17:26)

He formed us:
    -“For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb” Psa 139:13
    -“Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Mal 2;10
    -“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4
    "I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am Yahweh." Eze 37:6

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 3:02 PM
  15. John Helpher

John Helpher John 3:16

+272
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Yes, of course there are. "Christian Republican" isn't really seeking after truth. He's using religion to promote a political agenda. As Jesus said, "what does it profit you to gain the world [or, in this case, prohibit all abortions] but lose your soul in the process"?

They like to make themselves sound very righteous by referring to murdered babies and how all those baby lives are precious but, as you've noted, they have no problem killing in war. It's hypocrisy.

I recently watched a video which really hit this nail on the head. It's called, "Why Evangelicals Support Trump". Let me know what you think.

16. CaspianSails

CaspianSails Well-Known Member

+278
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That is not the question and you know it.

17. CaspianSails

+278
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It is not the only issue but it looms large.

18. CaspianSails

+278
    United States
    Christian
    Married

I don't need to watch a video to understand why Evangelicals support Trump. I know too many for that. The Democrats are up front with the fact they are anti Christian no holds barred. Trump, vile as he may be in some areas, is not. I think for many that is enough. Not to mention the culture war that is raging and has been for some time. Democrats are on the opposite side of Evangelicals at every turn. It really is that simple.

19. Isilwen

+1,149
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Not large enough for me.

20. Isilwen

+1,149
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I am a Christian and identify as a Democrat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List