Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Same as people with driver's licenses, yet for some reason those were acceptable. So no, citizenship didn't seem to matter.

Citizenship matters.

There's some facts on obtaining an international driver's permit if you're a foreigner legally here on a visa.

It varies from state to state, but the short version is no...it's not the same as a driver's license. Citizenship changes not only the difficulty of obtaining a driver's license but whether or not you can obtain one at all....or if you can only get an international driver's permit.

There's no need to thank me for correcting your mistakes, it's something I consider a given whenever we talk.

Perhaps a bit more thought might be in order, given the obvious flaw in the knee-jerk assumption that immigrants were to blame yet again.

No idea what you're talking about. You stated that the reasoning behind not allowing student IDs was strange....as if it were a mystery to you.

Just trying to help you out.

I guess one would have to actually look at all of the info

The post was light on info....heavy on speculation.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It varies from state to state, but the short version is no...it's not the same as a driver's license.
Yep, the permit you mentioned is totally different from a driver's license. And as your link shows, non-citizens can get driver's licenses in some states.

Makes it kinda strange to bring up as if it somehow contradicted what I posted, though. Must have been another of those "5 seconds thinking about it" errors.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep, the permit you mentioned is totally different from a driver's license.

Well...you said its no different than a driver's license.

And as your link shows, non-citizens can get driver's licenses in some states.

Probably depends on their status and so on.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well...you said its no different than a driver's license.

I don't think you'll be able to quote me saying any such thing. Par for the course, posts which only make sense if one imagines people wrote things they never did.

Probably depends on their status and so on.
So much for "Citizenship matters." Probably could have avoided this whole tangent by taking more than 5 seconds to try and understand what I actually wrote those months ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahh...ye of little faith.

Forgive him father, for he has memory issues and knows not what he wrote mere hours ago.
What is actually being discussed “driver’s licenses” or “voting”, (one of which definitely requires citizenship)?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What is actually being discussed “driver’s licenses” or “voting”, (one of which definitely requires citizenship)?

Semantics at this point. A question was answered and because it refuted a point being made....we're in a semantic argument over exactly how wrong the point was.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Semantics at this point. A question was answered and because it refuted a point being made....we're in a semantic argument over exactly how wrong the point was.
Fascinating.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ahh...ye of little faith.

Forgive him father, for he has memory issues and knows not what he wrote mere hours ago.
That's nice and all, but it has nothing to do with the question. I mean, the first clue should have been having to go back to a post before something was mentioned to grab a quote of me supposedly writing about that thing. Should be clear that I'm not capable of time travel, but I guess if posts are just making stuff up anyway might as well make it entertaining fiction.

If one will remember (or scroll back a few posts), the claim in question was the made up assertion that I thought this permit you found was the same as a driver's license, even though back here in reality the only comment I made after your post first brought it up was that they were obviously different (because, you know, the link you gave us said they might be used along with a state issued driver's license, which makes zero sense if they're identical). Hence the mention of your post asserting I said they were the same making exactly zero sense.

What this most recent post seems to be confused about is my original comparison of a student ID to a driver's license, in that they're both obtainable by non-citizens. This was brought up to show your assumption about the objection to student IDs as voter IDs in post 880 was clearly in error. And obviously that also wasn't saying that both types of IDs are identical. I mean, seriously, no one would honestly read my post and have the first thing that comes to mind is "hey, he's saying that people with college IDs don't need driver's licenses to drive". That's just an obvious attempt to create confusion to avoid the obvious error in the post that one was quoting.

So now that that's cleared up, any chance of you editing your posts to correct the falsehoods about me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums