House passes resolution officially condemning Trump's racist attack on congresswomen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Can I ask what the point was?

The point was that the left are making everything look like it's Trump's fault when it's not. And since the left helped create some of these problems to begin with, instead of trying to do the right thing by helping fix some of these things, it's more fun to hate Trump instead and make him the blame for some of these things. Then when Trump wants to try and fix some of these things, by closing any loopholes that help things like this to take place to begin with, Trump is all of a sudden the bad guy here. The left play dirty, and bad dirty at that. And once again, maybe we can blame that on sources such as CNN, MSNBC, etc, for why I feel that way, since I have witnessed it with my own eyes by watching these sources.

And I almost forgot. The way the left treated Brett Kavanaugh and Bill Barr at their hearings, plus the way the left continued to treat them post their hearings and prior to their hearings as well. The left already had Brett Kavanaugh found guilty and sentenced before he even had a trial.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
One thing I have to give Trump credit for is he really did a number on a very large percentage of the American People. This may be the greatest con job in American History and I'm honestly not saying that to be mean to Trump supporters. I really think Trump is a master at controlling the narrative in the media and the opinions of a very large mass of voting public. He's created an army that will defend him to no end and secured himself Secret Service protection and a government pension for life.

Bravo, Sir.

But it's so obvious. How can half of the US not see what others see?

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The point was that the left are making everything look like it's Trump's fault when it's not. And since the left helped create some of these problems to begin with, instead of trying to do the right thing by helping fix some of these things, it's more fun to hate Trump instead and make him the blame for some of these things. Then when Trump wants to try and fix some of these things, by closing any loopholes that help things like this to take place to begin with, Trump is all of a sudden the bad guy here. The left play dirty, and bad dirty at that. And once again, maybe we can blame that on sources such as CNN, MSNBC, etc, for why I feel that way, since I have witnessed it with my own eyes by watching these sources.

And I almost forgot. The way the left treated Brett Kavanaugh and Bill Barr at their hearings, plus the way the left continued to treat them post their hearings and prior to their hearings as well. The left already had Brett Kavanaugh found guilty and sentenced before he even had a trial.

You talk of these problems that the left helped creating, why hasn't Donald fixed them yet? He did have supreme power for two years when the evil left couldn't stop him.

I would love to see some examples of when the left "played dirty, and bad dirtry at that"

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I have to give Trump credit for is he really did a number on a very large percentage of the American People. This may be the greatest con job in American History and I'm honestly not saying that to be mean to Trump supporters. I really think Trump is a master at controlling the narrative in the media and the opinions of a very large mass of voting public. He's created an army that will defend him to no end and secured himself Secret Service protection and a government pension for life.

Bravo, Sir.

What's funny about this, I personally think Trump is a con artist, in general. Yet not everything happening in this country is Trump's fault though. Plus, some of us are thinking, compared to what the left has to offer, we'll still take Trump over that any day.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Bravo, Sir.

He is a very good conman of course. I just fail to understand that his con can last so long, most of the world saw it for what it is right at the beginning...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟564,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's funny about this, I personally think Trump is a con artist, in general. Yet not everything happening in this country is Trump's fault though. Plus, some of us are thinking, compared to what the left has to offer, we'll still take Trump over that any day.
That's exactly what Trump is counting on and why he sees no reason to correct his un-presidential behavior. Because he knows in the end, you'll just suck it up because, what are you gonna do... vote for a democrat?

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,996.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But it's so obvious. How can half of the US not see what others see?
Respected psychologist Jonathan Haidt argues that people are fundamentally not rational and that almost of all of what passes for "reason" is really just post-hoc rationalization of things we have come to believe on grounds other than reason - namely intuition and emotion.

I think this is what is happening with the Trump supporters. No truly reasonable person would defend much of Trump's behaviour. But we, as a species are not reasonable.

Of course, this propensity to not think rationally applies to all of us - liberal and conservative alike. So please do not accuse me of saying that Trump supporters have cornered the market on unreason.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
House votes to condemn Trump for 'racist comments'

The House on voted to formally admonish Donald, approving a resolution condemning as “racist” his tweets targeting four minority congresswomen.

Praise the good Lord!

It took the House to admonish obvious racist tropes. This should be embarrassing that we are so ignorant and defiant that despite all of our constitutional rights to do so we FAIL to call out things for what it is - for fear of partisan neglect and social disdain.

This is one reason why America is dying with thunderous applause. One step from an asylum with specific wings(regions) for the different "tribes".

Is is a wonder why Russia continues to exploit our ignorance and oppulance?

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Respected psychologist Jonathan Haidt argues that people are fundamentally not rational and that almost of all of what passes for "reason" is really just post-hoc rationalization of things we have come to believe on grounds other than reason - namely intuition and emotion.

I think this is what is happening with the Trump supporters. No truly reasonable person would defend much of Trump's behaviour. But we, as a species are not reasonable.

Of course, this propensity to not think rationally applies to all of us - liberal and conservative alike. So please do not accuse me of saying that Trump supporters have cornered the market on unreason.

I'm sure that is part of the reason. I can understand it the day after he was elected, or even a month later. but after all this time surely the brain has to kick in at some point?

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It took the House to admonish obvious racist tropes. This should be embarrassing that we are so ignorant and defiant that despite all of our constitutional rights to do so we FAIL to call out things for what it is - for fear of partisan neglect and social disdain.

This is one reason why America is dying with thunderous applause. One step from an asylum with specific wings(regions) for the different "tribes".

Is is a wonder why Russia continues to exploit our ignorance and oppulance?

I think the US is going through changes, back towards ignorance and bigotry, and your president is feeding that fire. The next generation will have some very hard questions to ask...

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the US is going through changes, back towards ignorance and bigotry, and your president is feeding that fire. The next generation will have some very hard questions to ask...

Please...

We are currently bullying and scaring the next generation into being mute. America never left ignorance and bigotry, or racism. We do a good job of repressing the horrors of the nation by projecting ourselves into fantastical events and circumstsnces. In other words, we run away.

Now that we have run so far we have returned right back to the degenerate checkpoint we tried to leave, the nation wants to cry about division and such.

As I said, it is no wonder why Russia is exploiting Americans, and I am surprised no other nation is doing it openly. This is how you destroy a world empire: you retard the population through degeneracies to worship (like racism), give them tribalism instead of unity, destroy the educational system, cripple their minds with a facade of logic, and make everyone renege on their own values.

gg.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Please...

We are currently bullying and scaring the next generation into being mute. America never left ignorance and bigotry, or racism. We do a good job of repressing the horrors of the nation by projecting ourselves into fantastical events and circumstsnces. In other words, we run away.

Now that we have run so far we have returned right back to the degenerate checkpoint we tried to leave, the nation wants to cry about division and such.

As I said, it is no wonder why Russia is exploiting Americans, and I am surprised no other nation is doing it openly. This is how you destroy a world empire: you retard the population through degeneracies to worship (like racism), give them tribalism instead of unity, destroy the educational system, cripple their minds with a facade of logic, and make everyone renege on their own values.

gg.

Hehe Kaon, I wish you were joking, but fact is even more stoopid than fiction this time...

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,996.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure that is part of the reason. I can understand it the day after he was elected, or even a month later. but after all this time surely the brain has to kick in at some point?
I don't think so. Surely your life experience shows you that people will go to truly extraordinary lengths - ridiculous ones often - to not have to admit they made a mistake.

And let's not overlook tribalism - people who see support for Trump as a "badge of membership in the "conservative" tribe will, again, go to extraordinary lengths to preserve the stability of that group - even abandoning common sense.

I agree with you - it is mystifying how anyone could defend this President's childish and nasty behaviour (I am NOT talking about matters of policy - that is a different topic).

Again, though, we are ALL tribal and irrational and need to do the painful and difficult work of trying to break free of tribal affiliation and our pre-disposition to irrational thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟204,353.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Again, though, we are ALL tribal and irrational and need to do the painful and difficult work of trying to break free of tribal affiliation and our pre-disposition to irrational thinking.

That is true, that is something everyone has to work on...

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,996.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While it is clear that the US is experiencing a disturbing slip into some dark places, I am very confident this is a "blip". Studies show that young people tend to retain their political views through life (despite the notion that people become more conservative as they age). And the data shows that younger Americans are, in general, more "liberal" than the older, whiter, Trump demographic. At the risk of seeming macabre, as the older white demographic fades into the night (and I am part of that demographic) I would bet the forces of progressivism will prevail in the long term.

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,996.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is true, that is something everyone has to work on...
Here is an example of how those of us on the "left" may be guilty of wonky thinking. I suggest that a cool, objective appraisal of the data shows that capitalism (not necessarily unbridled capitalism, mind you) tends to promote peace. I bet some lefties will bristle at this suggestion.

But we must look at the data, not our set of beliefs.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Here is an example of how those of us on the "left" may be guilty of wonky thinking. I suggest that a cool, objective appraisal of the data shows that capitalism (not necessarily unbridled capitalism, mind you) tends to promote peace. I bet some lefties will bristle at this suggestion.

But we must look at the data, not our set of beliefs.
Not as many as the Right likes to tell itself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.