✟83,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hosea prophecied more than a century before the Babylonian exile, Hosea 6:
1 Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, and he will bind us up. 2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him.
In the historical context, it was about the destruction of the Israel kingdoms and its restoration.

Does it apply to Jesus' resurrection?

Yes, I'd think so. On the road to Emmaus, Jesus told the two disciples whom he met,
25 “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
Jesus encouraged them to be quick to read Jesus into the Scriptures.

Paul affirmed in 1 Corinthians 15:
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
Jesus and Paul's passages do not specifically point out Hosea. That's why there are disagreements among scholars.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers:
In the third day—i.e., after a short time. This and the above expression are not identical in the designation of time. Some Christian interpreters (Jerome, Luther, Pusey) consider the passage has sole reference to the resurrection of Christ. But with Calvin, Henderson, Schmoller, &c., we consider this to be contradicted by the form of the expression. To bring in the resurrection of Christ with no authority from the New Testament is far-fetched over-refinement, and breaks the consistency of the passage.
I'd say that Hosea's prophecy applies to both.

Matthew Poole explained:
In this verse it is most certain we are to regard both the literal and historical sense, and distinguish it from the mystical and accommodated sense; in this latter, these words foretell the death, and resurrection, and future glory of Christ and Christians, as 1 Corinthians 15:4, and so are generally interpreted and applied by expositors.