May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
StariNelson, you can stick it in your ice!!! God put me in Alabama for a reason, and wintery precipitation ain't it!! :p :p :p :p

Aight, den. Ho down at TW's place.
ROFL good thing you ain't here! I'd roll you in it :)

Upvote 0

STARINELSON

The song of the star enchants my heart
May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had some hushpuppies with barbeque yesterday. :)

I barely remember the last time I had either
I bought a fish plate from a church here once & had to toss it. I haven't found anyone here who knows how to fix it the *right* way lol

Upvote 0

White~Horse

Nat'ral born world shaker
Feb 2, 2007
Alabama
Visit site
✟31,883.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

White~Horse

Nat'ral born world shaker
Feb 2, 2007
Alabama
Visit site
✟31,883.00
Faith
Christian
I totally get this. http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/070226/backhoe.shtml

backhoe1.jpg
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Daily photo by John Godbey[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Lawrence County investigator Lt. Tim McWhorter and Maj. Harold Knighten record damage caused by a man on a backhoe Sunday on Alabama 101 in Hatton.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]Backhoe mayhem[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Man allegedly rams homes, vehicles, threatens wife[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]By Melanie B. Smith [/FONT]
msmith@decaturdaily.com · 340-2468

[FONT=times new roman,serif]HATTON — A man on a backhoe rammed two mobile homes with children and a pregnant woman inside, smashed his estranged wife’s car, hit a truck as its owner tried to speed away and threatened people with a gun Sunday, according to the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]The rampage by John Mark Borden, 58, of Hatton mostly involved property owned by him and his estranged wife, Jeannie Borden, 49, at 2175 Alabama 101, said Lawrence County Sheriff Gene Mitchell.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]At one point, according to Jeannie Borden, her husband rammed the porch of a mobile home while their 15-year-old daughter stood on it yelling, “Stop this, stop this!”[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Mark Borden also ran his backhoe at Deputy Scott Christy while Christy was in his car, but Christy was able to back out of the way, Mitchell said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]No one was hurt in the mayhem, the sheriff said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Jeannie Borden said afterward that she and her husband are getting a divorce. She said Mark Borden started the melee by breaking a glass door on her mobile home just before she and their children got home late Sunday morning.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Neighbor Johnny Parker, 43, said he heard glass breaking and realized Mark Borden was trying to break in. Parker said he called Jeannie Borden and learned she was on her way home.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Jeannie Borden said she had taken out a restraining order on her husband. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]She had moved out with their children and put a mobile home on property they owned jointly, 500 feet from their previous home, where Mark Borden still lives.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Lawrence County deputies took Mark Borden to jail Saturday and issued him a protection from abuse order, according to the sheriff. Mitchell said Mark Borden made bond.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]According to Jeannie Borden, an officer advised her to take their children and leave for the weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]She said that when she got home Sunday, she saw her husband sitting behind her home on his backhoe.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Going ballistic[/FONT]
backhoe2.jpg
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Daily photo by John Godbey[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]A worker secures the backhoe that was allegedly used to destroy property near Hatton.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]“When we pulled up, it went completely ballistic,” she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]After she and the daughter and son, 11, were inside, he allegedly smashed the back porch so hard that they fell to the floor. Next, they ran to the mobile home the Bordens rent to Parker, and he rammed the front of that residence, Jeannie Borden said, even as his daughter stood on the porch. She said she was able to pull her daughter back inside.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Parker said that his pregnant daughter and her fiancé were inside with him when Parker started ramming the mobile home.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Parker said that he went outside to confront Mark Borden, but Borden allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it. Parker said he ran to the back of the mobile home.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Parker said he got into his 1994 Ford truck to try to move it away, but Mark Borden came after him. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Parker said his tires were spinning and he couldn’t escape. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]The backhoe hit the side of the truck and cracked the windshield. Parker said he finally was able to drive away to a nearby church parking lot.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Meanwhile, Mark Borden allegedly rammed and smashed Jeannie Borden’s 2005 Chevrolet Equinox, finally flipping it upside down. He also allegedly threatened her with the gun, she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]“The kids were screaming bloody murder,” she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Besides battering vehicles, demolishing porches and punching holes in mobile homes, Mark Borden allegedly ran over a dog pen, tore down a utility pole and mangled a shed. Mitchell said Borden circled around on Alabama 101 with his backhoe. He tried to escape on it, but officers were able to tackle him and get him off.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Arrest made[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Christy, Deputy Charles Hamby, Lt. Tim McWhorter and state trooper Mark Wiesner made the arrest, the sheriff said.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Mark Borden faces three counts of domestic violence, one count of domestic violence/menacing, two counts of criminal mischief first degree, one count of driving while intoxicated, four charges of reckless endangerment, one count of violating a protection from abuse order and one count for unlawful carrying a pistol.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]He is being held without bond in the Lawrence County jail. Mark Borden’s gun was a 9 mm pistol.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Held without bond[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Jeannie Borden said she has frequently complained to the sheriff’s office but “they kept saying there was nothing they could do.” [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]She said she did not move farther away because she had little money and did not want to go to the Hope Place women’s shelter because she “had heard stories.”[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Mitchell said that his office needs follow-through with the court system by domestic-violence victims to “give us something to work with.”[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Parker said his pregnant daughter was hysterical during the spree but seemed calm Sunday evening.[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,serif]“If someone could have videoed it, it could have been made into a movie,” he said of the melee.[/FONT]

Upvote 0
L

~*Lady Trekki*~

This morning has been a pain...literally!
9.gif

Went out to start my car (cause there's 2 inches of ice on the windshield :doh:), and fell on the skating rink ice in front of my car.
2.gif
Limped back inside to finish getting ready and when I came out I noticed the ice was still on my windshield. :help: So I scraped the ice and got in the car, went to go and...NOTHIN. The car had died and now wouldn't start.
8.gif

Went BACK inside the house and asked mom if she would drive me to work. Called the job and told them I'd be a little late. No problem.

Well, mom went out to start her van...saw the neighbor who was on his way to town and asked if he could take me to work. :sigh: (this is a pet peeve...I hate asking for a ride from anyone other than family) But ok...FINE. Went with him in his badly running vehicle. Got about halfway there when his car dies.
7.gif

So...I call my mom to have her pick me up from off the highway. The neighbor calls his brother to tow his car home.

Got to work almost 45 minutes late...but I made it! :clap:

So now I'm limping my way around wondering if I fractured something and in pain...thinking about how much money I'll have to pore into my vehicle to get it fixed. :doh:

Can you tell it's a Monday? :o I can!!
:sigh:

Reactions: Just4Jesus
Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This morning has been a pain...literally!
9.gif

Went out to start my car (cause there's 2 inches of ice on the windshield :doh:), and fell on the skating rink ice in front of my car.
2.gif
Limped back inside to finish getting ready and when I came out I noticed the ice was still on my windshield. :help: So I scraped the ice and got in the car, went to go and...NOTHIN. The car had died and now wouldn't start.
8.gif

Went BACK inside the house and asked mom if she would drive me to work. Called the job and told them I'd be a little late. No problem.

Well, mom went out to start her van...saw the neighbor who was on his way to town and asked if he could take me to work. :sigh: (this is a pet peeve...I hate asking for a ride from anyone other than family) But ok...FINE. Went with him in his badly running vehicle. Got about halfway there when his car dies.
7.gif

So...I call my mom to have her pick me up from off the highway. The neighbor calls his brother to tow his car home.

Got to work almost 45 minutes late...but I made it! :clap:

So now I'm limping my way around wondering if I fractured something and in pain...thinking about how much money I'll have to pore into my vehicle to get it fixed. :doh:

Can you tell it's a Monday? :o I can!! :sigh:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so so so so so so sorry. What a day for you honey. Oh boy, I sure hope you didn't fracture anything, that would not be good. Monday's always have a way of bringing us to our knees:eek: literally.:help:
I hope you have a better rest of the week.

[move]:kiss: L:kiss: A:kiss: D:kiss: Y:kiss: T:kiss: R:kiss: E:kiss: K:kiss: K:kiss: I:kiss: [/move]

Upvote 0