Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

indigo tree

Does anyone else besides me think that horses are one of the most beautiful animals on the earth? To me the horse reveals that there is a creator, the way they are designed, the very fact that they are simply breathtaking when the run...

Unfortunatly, I've never had the pleasure of being around horses, as I live in out in the city, but one day I hope to own a ranhc and own a horse.

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i love horses..

i volunteer at a equine. a place where severely abused horses are tookn away from owners who neglected em, and given new home. for the rest their life.

i live in the city too, so i getta ride to get out there.

i grew up with horse, in my childhood. cuz i lied w/ my g-ma for a mrg part. she lives a farm. i been riding since i was a tiny tot.

i hope to have ahorse of my own sumday, as well. for now i'm content scooping horse manuer, and exercising em.

tho its kinda scary. last week we had a horse brought in in a starved condition. his name is sean. his owners abandoned him, when they left state. he had no fod, and just a tub,of nearly empty water. for several weeks. u can countevery rib on his body. its so sad...

animal abusers suck.

Upvote 0

Beckijhn

Feb 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I grew up on horseback. I was so blessed to have the sweetest quarterhorse ever.

Now I'm more likely to ride a motorcycle, but I still love horses. My kids ride a lot with friends and it makes my heart ache with joy that they get to ride like I used to (I don't own any horses now - they ride with friends).

I agree animal abusers should be tarred and feathered.

Upvote 0
I've grown up on a horse farm. Right now, we're down to 8, 2 of which are my own personal horses. Before our stallion passed on a few years ago, we used to breed mostly Quarter Horses. Personally, I prefer Arabs. I don't think I could ever live without horses, or at least some form of equine interaction. My horses are like big puppies, and I love them so much!

I can't stand how some people treat horses...and animals in general. It disgusts me! How can anyone do something so horrible to one of God's own creatures?

Here is an example of one such horrible incident: World Champion Horses Poisoned

The photo attachment -should- be my Arab mare, Kiss, and my dearly departed JRT puppy, Chaya. I have tons and tons of pictures, and love sharing them, so if you would like to see some, please feel free to let me know.

Upvote 0
wiselilraccoon said:
The photo attachment -should- be my Arab mare, Kiss, and my dearly departed JRT puppy, Chaya. I have tons and tons of pictures, and love sharing them, so if you would like to see some, please feel free to let me know.

LOL I guess it would be helpful if I actually put the attachment in.

And while I'm at it, I'm going to also attach a picture of Kiss and her baby from a few years ago (before I owned her).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Kiss and Chay.jpg
    Kiss and Chay.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 82
  • KimysKissandKismet.jpg
    KimysKissandKismet.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
OOOH... thank you for starting this thread indigo...I adore horses. used to ride a lot when i was younger, but was never able to have one of my owm. It has been a long held dream of mine that one day I might have my own horse. But it is unlikely to happen.

Wiselilracoon - thankyou so much for posting the pics - they are beauties.

Upvote 0

onecrazycowgirl

Riding for Him
Mar 19, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟3,342.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
WLR - she's a really nice looking mare, and your Jackie's cute! :D

Horses are the greatest - We have three - two curlies and a NSH, and one Curly rescue that we're rehabilitating. The way people can treat animals ticks me off. :mad:

The pictures I'm attaching are me'n Komet back when he used to game, and doing huntseat on my buckskin.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to ride Dressage and Jumping, but I had to stop a few years ago, because I was thrown, landed on my back. Then the next year I was jumping in the hall at school and sprained my neck, then did it again three months later. Then to top it all off I got tendonitis and bresitis in my shoulder summer 2000. That pretty much put me out of commision. I really miss being in the saddle and want to get back. Maybe someday Jay will get me a horse.

Upvote 0

Beckijhn

Feb 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I learned to ride English - for the reason that if you want to play piano well learn the classics, if you want to dance well start with the waltz/tango/etc, and if you want to ride well start with English.

That being said - I'm a cowgirl (or was anyway ;)) and there's nothing like a good old fashioned rodeo! (Roping, penning, etc, to to mention brocs and bulls!)

I haven't been on a horse in months though and haven't had my own since my childhood horse died of old age a few years back!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onecrazycowgirl

Riding for Him
Mar 19, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟3,342.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
If you want to learn to ride real good, start with saddleseat. ;)

Horses are awesome - there's not a lot that I don't do - I pen, game, drive, ride saddleseat, hunter/jumper, stockseat, dressage, and I'm learning to rope. :D

I show a half-Arab National Show Horse, a Curly, and I have a saddlebred/Quarter horse that I haven't yet decided what to show.

Upvote 0

Loki

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*sniffle*

I had a horse; a 14 h bay arabian mare; gorgeous true bay, socks on the hind, star, snip, goodmover despite small size. We showed a little bit, but I got tired of bathing her and trying to clip her and riding in full habit, so we decided to stick with pleasure after a couple of years. I knew I would'nt have time to keep her during college, so I sold her right before my senior year, because we found the perfect family for her. She's a family pet and does some handicapped riding, which she hadn't done with me much, but had done quite a bit prior to my having her. I miss riding; I've been bitten by the bug again lately, and just want to saddle up on one of these warm summer days and go trotting off across a field or something. I even miss the stupid things like when I'd run my hand from her shoulder to hoof to clean her hoof, and she'd turn her head and jsut sort of touch my back with her muzzle (usually leaving a spot where she wiped her mouth from the grass she'd been eating in the paddock), or the smell of a horse on a summer day, scrubbing caked on mud out of her coat because she decided that rolling in wet clay would be a good idea, the feel of the reins in my fingers, the quiver of electricity I felt when I'd lean forward, give her a bit of rein, nudge her hard, and say "GO!"

I better go before I try and buy a horse again.

Upvote 0

forjesus

Humble Servant
Jan 15, 2002
va
Visit site
✟2,344.00
Faith
Christian
We own two standard breds, and one Tennessee Walker, and one Pony. For those who don't have horses let me tell you when you own a horse its not all glamor. Its alot of work. Its a big decision to buy a horse so you better make sure you are prepared. This summer my family and i are going to Chincoteague Isaland to watch the ponies swim. It should be alot of fun.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.