✟83,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezra led the exiles in Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Booths in Neh 8:

15b “Go out to the hills and bring branches of olive, wild olive, myrtle, palm, and other leafy trees to make booths, as it is written.” … 17b And there was very great rejoicing.

r/BibleVerseCommentary - A man riding on a red horse standing among the MYRTLE trees
Myrtle is a pleasant, shady tree with a nice fragrance.

A dozen years later, Zechariah had a vision in 1:

8 “I saw in the night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse! He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen,
What is the significance of myrtle trees?

and behind him were red, sorrel, and white horses. 9 Then I said, ‘What are these, my lord?’ The angel who talked with me said to me, ‘I will show you what they are.’ 10 So the man who was standing among the myrtle trees answered, ‘These are they whom the LORD has sent to patrol the earth.’ 11 And they answered the angel of the LORD who was standing among the myrtle trees, and said, ‘We have patrolled the earth, and behold, all the earth remains at rest.’
The myrtle trees served as a backdrop for the angel.

12 Then the angel of the LORD said, ‘O LORD of hosts, how long will you have no mercy on Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, against which you have been angry these seventy years?’ 13 And the LORD answered gracious and comforting words to the angel who talked with me. 14 So the angel who talked with me said to me, ‘Cry out, Thus says the LORD of hosts: I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion. 15 And I am exceedingly angry with the nations that are at ease; for while I was angry but a little, they furthered the disaster. 16Therefore, thus says the LORD, I have returned to Jerusalem with mercy; my house shall be built in it, declares the LORD of hosts, and the measuring line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem. 17Cry out again, Thus says the LORD of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity, and the LORD will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem.’”
The myrtle trees signified rejoicing, peace, rest, grace, comfort, mercy, and prosperity. It was a time of restoration toward the Lord for the Israelites.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This first vision of Zechariah is that of an advanced scout team, sent by the LORD.

No wonder there was "very great rejoicing."

Imagine yourself as a POW in a prison camp.

You've been there a long time.

Suddenly, one night, you look out the window and see a squad of U.S. Army Rangers doing reconnaissance work.

I'm sure your spirit would be uplifted! :clap:

• Optimistic
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0