Wisconsin
✟962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I thought instead of posting this on horse forum I'd ask it here, and maybe get a wider variety of responses then just from horse owners.

My pasture runs up along the neighbor's lawn. It's one strand of "hot" high-tensile fencing, with a liner of polytape. The top isn't electric. Anyway, I found out today that the little gal has been feeding my horses carrots. I'm sure they appreciate it, but I have mixed feelings about it. Number 1, I don't want my horses thinking that they get treats all the time. Number 2, I don't want her (or anyone else there) getting shocked on my fence. So....

Think I should tell her parents that I'd appreciate if she didn't give my horses treats? Or should I ignore it??

BeachBlonde

The Hug Reaper is here!
Feb 24, 2005
Idaho
✟18,224.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad we don't have this problem,because it would be a sticky one to deal with.You dont want to hurt the kids feelings but then your horses dont need to be fed carrots through a fence ,or any treat you dont personally hand out.next thing is they could hand your horses a weed of some type.Time to confront the neighbors I think

Upvote 0

laurabelle778

May 29, 2005
✟7,683.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'd just tell the neighbors kindly "Hey, I noticed your girl was feeding my horses carrots, and I'm sure they appreciate it, but I'm just concerned that she might get hurt on my electric fence." Maybe sometime, you could set up a time where she could come over and visit the horses but with you there to supervise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.