b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Now, come on b&w, you know that none of us deserve the blessings of God. We couldn't.

Why do people then insist that certain types of people couldn't possibly be blessed by God for the way they live if we all are pretty low compared to God?

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
One may consider that stranger miriacles have occurred but never between two men or two women. However, it might also be considered that there are instances where after such an operation the woman has much discomfort. In such cases, the husband and wife married for better or for worse. They should remain married and not have sex...
KY does wonders in those cases. So does hormone cream.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They will perish in hell because of their unwillingness to repent of their sins and accept Jesus sacrifice for the propitiation of those sins. Their homosexual activities are a sin just as sex outside of marriage is a sin, and stealing, and lying, and putting anything before God. That is the sin, not because they desire someone of the same sex.
:prayer:

I would agree to a point though... First we cannot judge who is going to hell and who is not. We ONLY know what God commandments are..and we decide to live accordingly... But... we are told not to judge thus we cannot bring about "fire and brimstone" HE (God) can ONLY do that. It is not our place to judge others. We are to pray for sinners to come to repentance and repent... We do not KNOW and it is not honesty our business... until their death if those living in sin will be forgiven or will repent... God looks in the heart and we are neither his "representative" to discern that nor are we a "replacement" for God...We do pray for all humanity to be saved.:groupray:

Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel such acts are wrong unless the ultimate goal is to have a baby. It is never impossible to have a baby until death do they part. There are at least four instances in the Bible were infertile and or elderly couples gave birth to a baby. None of them were of the same sex.
When a woman has a radical hysterectomy, her ovaries and her uterus are removed. Still possible in your mind?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, I did. Where a couple is trying to have baby, even if medicine suggests this is very unlikely, they are doing the act for the correct purpose and not for an evil intent.
My hypothetical involved a couple having sex post-hysterectomy with the knowledge that they would not get pregnant, and with no intention of getting pregnant. A woman without any ovaries, fallopian tubes, or uterus is about as likely to get pregnant as my computer screen.

Reactions: FlamingFemme
Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That you appear to be cherry picking references and portions of references in order to poison the well, and when people of your same political bent and you do this, while tossing accusations at someone like Philothei, people notice it, even if you try to bury it under spam.
If you think I'm dishonest, then please, point out exactly what I've done.

Ah, I see: you have a chip on your shoulder because people didn't respond to your post in the way you'd like. Well, that's just what happens: bombard people with facts, and they run the other way. I've confronted anti-gay posters with statistics and surveys and studies that demonstrate that (for instance) gay parents are just as good as straight parents at raising kids. The response? A resounding silence.

I believe Philothei read her reference, and indeed I believe if you were to check, what she said is supported by the newer reference you provided as well. You had a few points to make, and that's fine, but where does this accusation about reading the citation come from?
I justified my remark in my post. Her criticism of the study is based on her understanding of how the study was carried out. If she had actually read the study, she would see that they didn't carry the study out in the way she insinuated (specifically, she assumed the survey used police records, but in fact they used their own private data).

It's typical, totally extraneous and off topic, and what's more I think this is done by the same people, over and over, for a reason -- to bury the legitimate conversation and taint any pro-Christian viewpoint.
I trust the irony of this isn't lost on anyone: you condemn me for being off-topic by making lengthy off-topic posts of your own. Why not let the matter rest? Why not respond to my actual post, instead of latching onto a single off-topic remark I made?

Moreover, you accuse me of trying to bury legitimate conversation, but you'll notice that it is Philothei, not me, who halted the discussion: I'm still waiting for her response to my post.

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Why do people then insist that certain types of people couldn't possibly be blessed by God for the way they live if we all are pretty low compared to God?
God's blessings are bestowed on us because of the way we live. They are bestowed on us because God has chosen to for His own good reasons. People who say that certain types couldn't be blessed by God are just wrong.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would agree to a point though... First we cannot judge who is going to hell and who is not. We ONLY know what God commandments are..and we decide to live accordingly... But... we are told not to judge thus we cannot bring about "fire and brimstone" HE (God) can ONLY do that. It is not our place to judge others. We are to pray for sinners to come to repentance and repent...
How do you know that they're sinners unless you judge them?

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joachim

The flag is a protest for state flags
Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And so while everyone worries about "homosexuals and bisexuals" a much more imminent threat to our security occurs on this site and nary one mention of it except for Ebia and I.

Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - Taliban: Pakistan pact under threat

I might not like the source, but this article actually has no bias in it and basically is an accurate portrayal of the situation, also gives you a window into the mindset of the Taliban and what their possible goals might be

And if you want a more well, non-Islamic source

Pakistan peace deal with Taliban is 'dissolved' - Telegraph

I think this issue is far more important than "homosexuals and bisexuals" but maybe I'm missing something.

Upvote 0

Tarpshack

Apr 23, 2009
✟15,230.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How do you know that they're sinners unless you judge them?

We're all sinners. And recognizing sin is different from passing judgement, which only God can do.

I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God. - 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
So what exactly is your question? Keep it direct and to the point.

Does God bless people who don't deserve it? That was the original question, that's pretty direct and to the point. If you don't want to see it, it isn't my fault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You believe God allowed a woman that never had sex AT ALL to have a baby. Why is this a bigger stretch for you? Do you believe that ALL God's work is contained in the Bible? Nothing ever happened to was contained outside of it?

That baby was CHRIST. GOD created the world and the woman. CHRIST came to save humanity from sin. That is a far cry from anything you seem content to pronounce, promote & protect.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
That baby was CHRIST. GOD created the world and the woman. CHRIST came to save humanity from sin. That is a far cry from anything you seem content to pronounce, promote & protect.

I'd like to see humanity saved from any zealots who see fit to remove freedom from their neighbors. You like to do something even God doesn't do; remove the free will of people around you to conform to your standards. You know better than God, eh?

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, God never blessed a single person that didn't absolutely deserve it?

GOD never blesses a person for the evil that he does. No one is deserving of salvation through merits of one's own, but is saved by faith in the merits CHRIST extended towards us, that while we were yet sinners, CHRIST died for us...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.