Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the fact that they have sex with the same sex. It's not wrong to love the same sex, but once you cross that line into a sexual lust or acts with that person its wrong in God's eyes. God gave us that feeling of intimacy towards the opposite sex, to attract us to them, and to indulge in a sexual relationship with our spouse to procreate. If God judges those who fornicate with the opposite sex then what about those of the same sex?

Upvote 0

Jason_240

Apr 15, 2009
✟15,152.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
But if god gave you intimate feelings towards the opposite sex, god must have given homosexuals intimate feelings towards another, right? Assuming there is a god to begin with, which obviously you do, how do you come to believe that god would be opposed to such a relationship?

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Visit www.DiscoveringGod.net
Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If a straight man or woman can discipline themselves to deny lustful feelings for each other, then a homosexual man or woman can deny their lustful feelings for each other. It probably has a lot to do how you grow up also. My little brother is a homosexual, he was the guy that grew up with all girls as friends, and everyone called him a <staff edit>. He dated a few girls he even had sex with my sister-in-law. He said he hates being a homosexual he said he tried hard not to be gay. My point is he said and knows its just an extreme feeling of lust over the same sex just as I'm sure the extreme feeling of lustful temptations that people experience that are addicted to inappropriate contentography. Its hard to deny them but the more you do the more your eyes are opened by the Lord and you eventually lose the extreme feeling of lust. Homosexualality is the act of having sex with the same sex, not the act of loving them. That is how it is pictured. And if you were baptised by the spirit of God and you ask him, he will tell you what is right and wrong. There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Jason_240

Apr 15, 2009
✟15,152.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Oxford English Dictionary:

homosexual

&#8226; adjective: feeling or involving sexual attraction to people of one's own sex.

&#8226; noun: a homosexual person

If you honestly believe that some deity can vanquish your homosexual "cravings" in the way you believe he can rid you of some "addiction" to inappropriate contentography, you're sadly mistaken on the definition of homosexuality. A homosexual lusts after someone of the same sex just as a heterosexual lusts after somebody of the opposite sex. It's not all they think about, but it is a part of their identity. If you would deny somebody of the right to express their sexual instinct (in private), where would you draw the line? I for one, see no problem with people having sex with members of the same or both gender(s), nor do I see a problem even with incestuous relationships where both parties are consenting. As far as I'm concerned, it's no more your business than it is mine.

Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oxford English Dictionary:

homosexual

• adjective: feeling or involving sexual attraction to people of one's own sex.

• noun: a homosexual person

that feeling(lustful thoughts) ofsexual attraction is the same as lusting over the opposite sex. Which Jesus said," It has been said do not commit adultery. But i tell you that anyone who looks lustfully at a woman are already committing adultery in their heart. Those lustful feelings towards another of the same sex would fall in the same catagory.

If you honestly believe that some deity can vanquish your homosexual "cravings" in the way you believe he can rid you of some "addiction" to inappropriate contentography, you're sadly mistaken on the definition of homosexuality. A homosexual lusts after someone of the same sex just as a heterosexual lusts after somebody of the opposite sex.

I agree. The Lord can not vanquish your cravings whether it is towards homosexual lustful feelings or heterosexual lustful feelings. It takes very much effort to repent. The Lord will forgive you for your sins once you've repented and confessed.

It's not all they think about, but it is a part of their identity. If you would deny somebody of the right to express their sexual instinct (in private), where would you draw the line?

No its not part of their identity, regardless of what someone pounded into their head. No matter what personality, identity, or character someone has, they are able to change through their own free will. Its been done, you can trust me on this.

I for one, see no problem with people having sex with members of the same or both gender(s), nor do I see a problem even with incestuous relationships where both parties are consenting. As far as I'm concerned, it's no more your business than it is mine.

Thats the problem, its your opinion because you don't see a problem with it. when God grants you the grace to see through his eyes, then you'll see the problem with homosexuality, as well as all the other things that God detests. Anyway, the world will be judged for its detestable practices. Simply telling someone this or that is wrong won't save them. Even if they quite doing that thing on their own. But someone who claims to be a christian and a homosexual, and they say it is ok, is where the line is drawn. Believing isn't just believing in God's existence its also believing everything he said. If you say you believe in him but don't obey him then you don't really believe in him. For the world it is not wrong because they are already doomed, but for the one who is born again they know what is right and wrong because His Spirit tells him what is right and wrong. So to those homosexuals who don't believe in God, it doesn't matter what they do anyway. let the wicked keep on being wicked.

Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Justaman0000 said:
the fact that they have sex with the same sex. It's not wrong to love the same sex, but once you cross that line into a sexual lust or acts with that person its wrong in God's eyes.
This has always made me shake my head. A homosexual can love another of the same sex, but if those feelings of love also incorporate or turn to lust then some kind of sin has been committed. Please explain the innate wrongness in the mere desire to be physically intimate. Exactly what kind of harm--to anyone--is wrought by desiring something? In what way is anyone the worse off by desiring physical intimacy than by desiring, say, a new set of clothes?

Then there's the matter of the innate wrongness when a certain part of one's body touches a certain part of another's body. In some cases, say I touch someones nose with the tip of my finger, no one much gives a hoot, but if I take that same finger tip and touch another part of someone's body it becomes a matter of censure. It's really only a matter of flesh touching flesh. So the real issue here isn't the actual touching but the motivation behind it: satisfying one's sexual urges, which brings us to the core of the problem: homosexuals should not do XY & Z because it would satisfy there sexual needs, although heterosexuals may do XY & Z because it does satisfy their sexual needs. And what is so different about the two needs? The means of satisfaction. In one case it's a person of the same sex and in the other case it's a person of the opposite sex. So, wherein lies the actual harm, the innate wrongness, in one versus the other?

If it's just the say-so of someone or some book then it's only an issue incumbent upon those who want to subscribe to that person or that book, and should have absolutely impact on anyone else.

Upvote 0
K

Kharak

that feeling(lustful thoughts) ofsexual attraction is the same as lusting over the opposite sex. Which Jesus said," It has been said do not commit adultery. But i tell you that anyone who looks lustfully at a woman are already committing adultery in their heart. Those lustful feelings towards another of the same sex would fall in the same catagory.
Physical attraction is normal . . . If a person didn't feel sexual attraction for people, I would consider it rather abnormal.

This 'lusting' nonsense is reaching its peak of ridiculousness. I think about ripping the heads off historical figures everyday, does that make me a murderer?

Upvote 0

cgcsb

Nov 2, 2008
✟15,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
No its not part of their identity, regardless of what someone pounded into their head. No matter what personality, identity, or character someone has, they are able to change through their own free will. Its been done, you can trust me on this.

It is part of one's identity. You cannot deny an element of yourself just because religion said so nor can anything be "pounded" into your head of that nature. There is also no such thing as an ex-gay. Didn't the two leaders of Exodus runaway to Canada and marry eachother and start the ex-ex-gay movement?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jason_240

Apr 15, 2009
✟15,152.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens

What problem do you have with adultery? Besides what Jesus has to say about it, of course.

I agree. The Lord can not vanquish your cravings whether it is towards homosexual lustful feelings or heterosexual lustful feelings. It takes very much effort to repent. The Lord will forgive you for your sins once you've repented and confessed.

What of those who don't repent though? What of those who don't believe they are committing a sin? Will your loving god simply cast them into hell for all eternity? How is this fair?

I cannot chose to be homosexual any more than a homosexual can choose to be straight. We're going to have to get over these petty hatreds of others differences.

Thats the problem, its your opinion because you don't see a problem with it. when God grants you the grace to see through his eyes, then you'll see the problem with homosexuality, as well as all the other things that God detests. Anyway, the world will be judged for its detestable practices. Simply telling someone this or that is wrong won't save them. Even if they quite doing that thing on their own. But someone who claims to be a christian and a homosexual, and they say it is ok, is where the line is drawn. Believing isn't just believing in God's existence its also believing everything he said. If you say you believe in him but don't obey him then you don't really believe in him. For the world it is not wrong because they are already doomed, but for the one who is born again they know what is right and wrong because His Spirit tells him what is right and wrong. So to those homosexuals who don't believe in God, it doesn't matter what they do anyway.
Just curious, why hasn't god granted me such graces? Is it only for the selective few? Must I believe in a deity -without proof for that matter- so that I may see? How can you be sure of what god has said? The bible holds no proof in itself.

Upvote 0

CraigBaugher

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
✟8,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am against Homosexuality... I think it is unmoral, and totally unnatural... but it is not what I think that matters, or anyone else that feels the way I do... it is what the Father feels, and that is a totally different...

The New Testament tells us Homosexual acts are a sin, but it also tells us, that Christ died for our sins, and that it is not by our ability to follow the laws of Moses, or our good deeds that gets us into heaven... But it is our FAITH! Sin kills the body... But FAITH saves the SOUL!

We have laws that govern our society, and these laws say Homosexuality is legal. We as Christians have laws that say it is un-moral, but we have a covent that says PUT GOD FIRST, and HAVE FAITH in GOD, CHRIST, and the HOLY SPIRIT, Treat Others The Way You Want to Be Treated, and you will walk through the narrow gates into Heaven.

So... I say, we all need to hit our knees and PRAISE JESUS CHRIST for wiping out our sins, and creating our salvation.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

But if god gave you intimate feelings towards the opposite sex, god must have given homosexuals intimate feelings towards another, right? Assuming there is a god to begin with, which obviously you do, how do you come to believe that god would be opposed to such a relationship?
Now now now…this is no place for logic

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This has always made me shake my head. A homosexual can love another of the same sex, but if those feelings of love also incorporate or turn to lust then some kind of sin has been committed. Please explain the innate wrongness in the mere desire to be physically intimate. Exactly what kind of harm--to anyone--is wrought by desiring something? In what way is anyone the worse off by desiring physical intimacy than by desiring, say, a new set of clothes?

Then there's the matter of the innate wrongness when a certain part of one's body touches a certain part of another's body. In some cases, say I touch someones nose with the tip of my finger, no one much gives a hoot, but if I take that same finger tip and touch another part of someone's body it becomes a matter of censure. It's really only a matter of flesh touching flesh. So the real issue here isn't the actual touching but the motivation behind it: satisfying one's sexual urges, which brings us to the core of the problem: homosexuals should not do XY & Z because it would satisfy there sexual needs, although heterosexuals may do XY & Z because it does satisfy their sexual needs. And what is so different about the two needs? The means of satisfaction. In one case it's a person of the same sex and in the other case it's a person of the opposite sex. So, wherein lies the actual harm, the innate wrongness, in one versus the other?

If it's just the say-so of someone or some book then it's only an issue incumbent upon those who want to subscribe to that person or that book, and should have absolutely impact on anyone else.

Again if you don't believe in God then don't even worry about it. The one without the spirit thinks the things of the spirit are foolishness. But if you are going to argue against God because of what he sees detestable and the way he is going to judge the world, then your way out of your league. To argue against him is already admitting he exists, and if you admit he exists then you should also know that he is far above your understanding and knowledge. God weakness is stronger than mans stregnth and Gods foolishness is wiser than man's wisdom. Because in reality your aguement isn't against mere men, but against the Lord himself.

Reactions: rosenherman
Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

If a straight man or woman can discipline themselves to deny lustful feelings for each other, then a homosexual man or woman can deny their lustful feelings for each other. It probably has a lot to do how you grow up also. My little brother is a homosexual, he was the guy that grew up with all girls as friends, and everyone called him a <staff edit>. He dated a few girls he even had sex with my sister-in-law. He said he hates being a homosexual he said he tried hard not to be gay. My point is he said and knows its just an extreme feeling of lust over the same sex just as I'm sure the extreme feeling of lustful temptations that people experience that are addicted to inappropriate contentography. Its hard to deny them but the more you do the more your eyes are opened by the Lord and you eventually lose the extreme feeling of lust. Homosexualality is the act of having sex with the same sex, not the act of loving them. That is how it is pictured. And if you were baptised by the spirit of God and you ask him, he will tell you what is right and wrong. There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death.
It is really sad that you have to reduce an entire minority to lust just to justify your own personal prejudices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

selfintercession

Contributor
Jan 2, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟24,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
Now now now…this is no place for logic

:amen: lol
I don't really want to get into this... again... since this thread will probably go on for hundreds of pages, but my own personal view is that there's nothing wrong with being gay/lesbian/bi.

Upvote 0

Jason_240

Apr 15, 2009
✟15,152.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I am against Homosexuality... I think it is unmoral, and totally unnatural...
Unmoral? Why do you think it is immoral? Unnatural? Despite the fact it is found in nature? Sounds rather natural to me.

So... I say, we all need to hit our knees and PRAISE JESUS CHRIST for wiping out our sins, and creating our salvation.
Because the bible says so, right?

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Physical attraction is normal . . . If a person didn't feel sexual attraction for people, I would consider it rather abnormal.

This 'lusting' nonsense is reaching its peak of ridiculousness. I think about ripping the heads off historical figures everyday, does that make me a murderer?

yes, in your heart it does. you have let your hate control your thoughts and now you murder people in your thoughts to relieve yourself. The Lord is not like man who judges from appearances, but he looks on mans heart and judges them.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is part of one's identity. You cannot deny an element of yourself just because religion said so nor can anything be "pounded" into your head of that nature. There is also no such thing as an ex-gay. Didn't the two leaders of Exodus runaway to Canada and marry eachother and start the ex-ex-gay movement?

thats ridiculous because it contradicts real life events of homosexuals that have repented of homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Justaman0000 said:
Again if you don't believe in God then don't even worry about it.
If I was a homosexual I certainly would, because it's those who don't believe homosexuals deserve equal treatment that this is exactly what happens: They don't get equal treatment. Leave homosexuals and their life alone and you can believe whatever you want. Stop pretending that only heterosexuals are deserving of marriage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.