Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SoundCard

wow, close-minded much, huh.
so shallow. you need to check your attitude little girl. there are lots of hurting gay people out there Jesus is trying to reach and that's what you have to say? i do not approve. gay people struggle with Christianity because of people like you, even though they want to become one so bad, they struggle with their sexuality and that's what they need help with, not the necessarily the Christian part. you need to check yourself little girl.

We all came to Christ as sinners. Their being gay or lesbian doesn't disqualify them from the redeeming power of the Cross, but if they're serious about coming into the fold they have to understand what God's views are on that lifestyle.

Upvote 0

thriftyEvie

when your down,look up ^ :)
Feb 28, 2009
new york
✟20,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no checking here, dude. I have a gay nephew I know all about this. being gay is wrong the world makes it ok, not the Lord,period!

wow, close-minded much, huh.
so shallow. you need to check your attitude little girl. there are lots of hurting gay people out there Jesus is trying to reach and that's what you have to say? i do not approve. gay people struggle with Christianity because of people like you, even though they want to become one so bad, they struggle with their sexuality and that's what they need help with, not the necessarily the Christian part. you need to check yourself little girl.

Upvote 0

Mrs Butterworth

Oct 4, 2008
✟639.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have found the ones that preach so hard aganist homosexuals in a homophobic nature..often are struggling with homosexuality themselves...a thought to think about Tanzel.

Homosexuality is now a political issue as well as a religious issue. The above argument is used by those in favor of it. It's purpose is to use unsubstantiable facts to undermine those who are against homosexuality. It's a bit of a cheep shot with a touch of humor. The truthfulness of the statement is irrelevant to the one using it.

We need to take this away from a political issue and make it a people issue again. There is a way to firmly say that homosexuality is a sin and yet still love and accept the person (not the sin, but the person). We are capable of loving these people (and other people who struggle with sin) and we need to follow Jesus's example and learn how to do it. Had we done this in the past it would not be a political issue today.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brothers and sisters no matter how men or women that are not of God try to make this abomination accepted in today’s society, it will not change in the eyes of the Lord. As long as an individual that participates in homosexual acts or any sin for that matter and then chooses to continue practicing the sin, the hope of receiving eternal life is null and void. You cannot come to the Lord as you are.

But if a person repents and is baptized in the name of Jesus, his or her past sins will be forgiven. While a person is in their stage of repentance, they must learn the Word of God and what are the requirements of being His servants. That must take place before an individual should even think about being baptized. While there is still breath in an individual there is the possibility of repentance and avoiding the wrath of the Lamb.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But if a person repents and is baptized in the name of Jesus, his or her past sins will be forgiven.

Past sins? So from that point on we are again responsible for our our salvation? Is that what you are saying? If so, I don't like the box you are putting God into.

Hebrews 10:14 "because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy"

Upvote 0
G

GlennK

no checking here, dude. I have a gay nephew I know all about this. being gay is wrong the world makes it ok, not the Lord,period!

that's cool, i have at least a dozen gay friends.

you said.. We are not the judge, nor we should we be judging anyone on the board.
-If you are a gay or a Lesbian, you can not be a Christian, period.
It is totally against the Lord. Being gay is totally wrong in the eyes of the Lord.
(besides it's sick)

and i'm saying you CAN be a Christian and be gay. Just because your gay doesn't mean God bans you from being a Christian. Get real you judgmental ...
You think just because you have sin in your life that stops you from becoming God's child? Let me hand you the memo: come to Christ as you are that includes gays and lesbians. and you know what? they can still be gay when they're a Christian if they want. does that mean it's right? no. but it means they're heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
that's cool, i have at least a dozen gay friends.

you said.. We are not the judge, nor we should we be judging anyone on the board.
-If you are a gay or a Lesbian, you can not be a Christian, period.
It is totally against the Lord. Being gay is totally wrong in the eyes of the Lord.
(besides it's sick)

and i'm saying you CAN be a Christian and be gay. Just because your gay doesn't mean God bans you from being a Christian. Get real you judgmental ...
You think just because you have sin in your life that stops you from becoming God's child? Let me hand you the memo: come to Christ as you are that includes gays and lesbians. and you know what? they can still be gay when they're a Christian if they want. does that mean it's right? no. but it means they're heading in the right direction.

come to Christ as you are that includes gays and lesbians. and you know what? they can still be gay when they're a Christian if they want

This is really misleading people, you speak as if the word repent is not in the Bible. Lets go to Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Upvote 0
It's as simple as this sentence: "A homosexual can't be christian and vice versa"

There are many texts in the bible that talk against homosexuality. So you just can't be bouth. If you are a christian, if you have let God in your heart he will help you. But if you are a homosexual it means you don't really believe in God which ofcourse means you wont be accepted in the kingdom of heavens.

Upvote 0
W

WuAgent

okay lets get to the original question here:

How many of you readers think that God will accept homosexuals in the kingdom of God?
who cares what we(man) think. the only thing that matters is what God says.

so lets find out what He says:

leviticus 18:22

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

leviticus 20:13

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

now these very plainly say that same sex relations are detestable and even worthy of death. but some will say that this is part of an old covenant that has been abolished. fair enough, lets look at whats said in the new testamant by paul.

but first let use scripture again to make something clear:

1 corinthians 2:9-13

However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

2 peter 2:20-21

20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

okay lets look at what paul said...

romans 1:21-27

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

in fail to see how anyone can read this and continue to say that homosexuality is A-okay with God.

now lets take care of the rebuttals to these passages.

"but there is other stuff that's sin too, not just homosexual activity"

WHO SAID THERE WASNT??? homosexuality is one of the many sins that those who want to be in right relationship with God must repent of.

""christians who are so strong against homosexuality are just being homophobic"

REALLY???? read the passages from God's word that i just quoted. those words didnt originate from man, those words were said by God or inspired by the holy spirit of God. are you going to say that God is homophobic?

"we have no right to judge people"

you are absolutely right. we dont have a right to judge.

but God DOES...and he HAS judged on this matter of homosexual activity! read the scriptures i quoted. thats God judgement on the matter!

"the bible is not a book about sexuality"

this is true. the bible is not a book about sexuality. it is a book about God's love towards his creation and an instruction manual on how God's people are to live...WHICH INCLUDES INSTRUCTION ON SEXUAL MORALITY!

"homosexuals are having their rights taken by a book that only mentioned homosexuality 6 or 7 times"

..................is this even an argument?? what is your point? what if only one verse said one thing about homosexuality and it was part of the new covanent and it read as follows:

"The Lord your God hates for those of the same gender to have sexual relations with each other and anyone who participates in such things will be subjected to eternal hellfire unless they repent and turn away from such acts"

i guess because this would be the only verse on the matter it doesnt apply?

NOTE: i am speaking hypothetically to argue the rediculous point on the amount of times an issue is talked about making it valid or invalid. though the verse i quoted from scripture isnt too far off from this hypothetical one.

"just ecause you're a homosexual doesnt mean you wont be saved"

you are correct, but being a homosexual and never repenting of such action will! just like any other sin.

"people seem to worry about homosexuality more than other sins"

as i said in my intial post in this thread, the church has done an absolutely HORRIBLE AND DISPICABLE job with this issue. instead of pointing people to the truth of God's word on the matter homosexuality, they make up all sorts of unfounded garbage arguments for why its bad like "God made adam and eve, not adam and stave" or "its unnatural because we were put here to reproduce"(i have to give some props to the guy who put up that long article because it pointed out many bad arguments christians use against homosexuality, despite me disgreeing with its overall promotion of homosexuality).

what this has lead to is extremely fierce social and political opposition from the world on the issue of homosexuality that has come up against the church to force the body of believers to accept that homosexual activity is A-okay with God. christians who oppose this view are viewed as hypocrits, lagalists, and hatemongers.

for this reason, homosexuality garners more contraversy and attention than other sins.

i dont think i've covered all the rebuttals so i'll have to look this thread over again to get them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
okay lets get to the original question here:

who cares what we(man) think. the only thing that matters is what God says.

so lets find out what He says:

leviticus 18:22

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

leviticus 20:13

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

now these very plainly say that same sex relations are detestable and even worthy of death. but some will say that this is part of an old covenant that has been abolished. fair enough, lets look at whats said in the new testamant by paul.

but first let use scripture again to make something clear:

1 corinthians 2:9-13

However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

2 peter 2:20-21

20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

okay lets look at what paul said...

romans 1:21-27

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

in fail to see how anyone can read this and continue to say that homosexuality is A-okay with God.

now lets take care of the rebuttals to these passages.

"but there is other stuff that's sin too, not just homosexual activity"

WHO SAID THERE WASNT??? homosexuality is one of the many sins that those who want to be in right relationship with God must repent of.

""christians who are so strong against homosexuality are just being homophobic"

REALLY???? read the passages from God's word that i just quoted. those words didnt originate from man, those words were said by God or inspired by the holy spirit of God. are you going to say that God is homophobic?

"we have no right to judge people"

you are absolutely right. we dont have a right to judge.

but God DOES...and he HAS judged on this matter of homosexual activity! read the scriptures i quoted. thats God judgement on the matter!

"the bible is not a book about sexuality"

this is true. the bible is not a book about sexuality. it is a book about God's love towards his creation and an instruction manual on how God's people are to live...WHICH INCLUDES INSTRUCTION ON SEXUAL MORALITY!

"homosexuals are having their rights taken by a book that only mentioned homosexuality 6 or 7 times"

..................is this even an argument?? what is your point? what if only one verse said one thing about homosexuality and it was part of the new covanent and it read as follows:

"The Lord your God hates for those of the same gender to have sexual relations with each other and anyone who participates in such things will be subjected to eternal hellfire unless they repent and turn away from such acts"

i guess because this would be the only verse on the matter it doesnt apply?

NOTE: i am speaking hypothetically to argue the rediculous point on the amount of times an issue is talked about making it valid or invalid. though the verse i quoted from scripture isnt too far off from this hypothetical one.

"just ecause you're a homosexual doesnt mean you wont be saved"

you are correct, but being a homosexual and never repenting of such action will! just like any other sin.

"people seem to worry about homosexuality more than other sins"

as i said in my intial post in this thread, the church has done an absolutely HORRIBLE AND DISPICABLE job with this issue. instead of pointing people to the truth of God's word on the matter homosexuality, they make up all sorts of unfounded garbage arguments for why its bad like "God made adam and eve, not adam and stave" or "its unnatural because we were put here to reproduce"(i have to give some props to the guy who put up that long article because it pointed out many bad arguments christians use against homosexuality, despite me disgreeing with its overall promotion of homosexuality).

what this has lead to is extremely fierce social and political opposition from the world on the issue of homosexuality that has come up against the church to force the body of believers to accept that homosexual activity is A-okay with God. christians who oppose this view are viewed as hypocrits, lagalists, and hatemongers.

for this reason, homosexuality garners more contraversy and attention than other sins.

i dont think i've covered all the rebuttals so i'll have to look this thread over again to get them all.

Well, the word homosexual does not appear in the ancient Hebrew or Greek of the Bible.

What we in the 21st century also fail to take into consideration is.............that males in ancient Jewish society were married at 16 years of age. So those scholars trying so hard to make people see that the Levitical passages dealing with man-on-man, man-on beast, etc. are addressing adultery are actually the most accurate. Many people in our society today also still think it not adultery to have sex with the wife's or husband's closest relative. A 'keeping it in the family' sort of thing, so it's not wrong.

I now always ask those who post Rom.1:18-32 as an anti-gay or anti-gay sex passage,........is this passage addressing heterosexuals that practiced gay sex, or, is this passage addressing heterosexuals that because they practiced gay sex..... they became homosexuals? The passage is actually addressing pagan Aphrodite worshippers who believed that she commanded them to have sex with other worshippers of the same sex. This led to their becoming so depraved that they could not leave their warped morality in the pagan temple, but took it home with them. The pagan temple priests are also addressed in (1Cor.6:9) & (1Tim.1:10).

Upvote 0
W

WuAgent

i honestly do not see your point or how this refutes what i said.

does the verse "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." not appear in the hebrew and greek bible either? because that verse is the definition of a homosexual act.

is this passage addressing heterosexuals that practiced gay sex, or, is this passage addressing heterosexuals that because they practiced gay sex..... they became homosexuals?

both??

seriously where are you going with this?

Reactions: MaidforHim
Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all came to Christ as sinners. Their being gay or lesbian doesn't disqualify them from the redeeming power of the Cross, but if they're serious about coming into the fold they have to understand what God's views are on that lifestyle.

I think SoundCard has made a great point here.

No matter what your sin is it is initially hard to face the fact that God KNOWS what sin is and He's laid it all out for us in His Word. We may not like it, it may make us angry because sin often feels good or feels so completely natural, it's in our flesh after all. But there's no denying what God's opinion is on sin whether it be homosexuality or lying, our God is the God of truth, not of confusion, He says things plainly and for all to understand without hidden meanings to chase down.
"For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians 14:33, KJV
To deny God's truth is to deny Him, no matter what the sin is we hang on to or try to justify and all any of us sinners need to do is accept Jesus and the natural result of truly surrendering to Christ is a desire to know God's word and follow His instruction for our lives. Sometimes facing God's perfect truth is hard, but turning away from it is the same as turning away from Him.

1 John 1:4-10
And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

What scripture tells us over and over again is that God loves us enough to warn us about sin. Every single prohibition in the Bible is a protection, every "No" or "Thou Shalt Not" or "Do Not" ... is God warning us to protectus while at the same time allowing us to choose His way or the way of the Flesh. He gives us the information we need so we can make better choices and to protect us from our own fleshly sin nature leading us to do things that are dangerous for us on either a physical, emotional, or spiritual level.

Why bother warning us when the when He knows we fail, for the same reason He sent Jesus to die for our sins, because He loves us that much.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think SoundCard has made a great point here.

No matter what your sin is it is initially hard to face the fact that God KNOWS what sin is and He's laid it all out for us in His Word. We may not like it, it may make us angry because sin often feels good or feels so completely natural, it's in our flesh after all. But there's no denying what God's opinion is on sin whether it be homosexuality or lying, our God is the God of truth, not of confusion, He says things plainly and for all to understand without hidden meanings to chase down.
"For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians 14:33, KJV
To deny God's truth is to deny Him, no matter what the sin is we hang on to or try to justify and all any of us sinners need to do is accept Jesus and the natural result of truly surrendering to Christ is a desire to know God's word and follow His instruction for our lives. Sometimes facing God's perfect truth is hard, but turning away from it is the same as turning away from Him.
1 John 1:4-10
And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

What scripture tells us over and over again is that God loves us enough to warn us about sin. Every single prohibition in the Bible is a protection, every "No" or "Thou Shalt Not" or "Do Not" ... is God warning us to protectus while at the same time allowing us to choose His way or the way of the Flesh. He gives us the information we need so we can make better choices and to protect us from our own fleshly sin nature leading us to do things that are dangerous for us on either a physical, emotional, or spiritual level.

Why bother warning us when the when He knows we fail, for the same reason He sent Jesus to die for our sins, because He loves us that much.
Great post!

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here are some straight facts on the subject from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention :eek::eek::eek:

HIV/AIDS and Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM)

The term men who have sex with men (MSM) refers to all men who have sex with other men, regardless of how they identify themselves (gay, bisexual, or heterosexual). In the United States, HIV and AIDS have had a tremendous impact on MSM. Consider these facts:
  • AIDS has been diagnosed for more than half a million MSM. Over 300,000 MSM with AIDS have died since the beginning of the epidemic.
  • MSM made up more than two thirds (68%) of all men living with HIV in 2005, even though only about 5% to 7% of men in the United States reported having sex with other men.
For complex reasons, HIV/AIDS continues to take a high toll on the MSM population. For example, the number of new HIV/AIDS cases among MSM in 2005 was 11% more than the number of cases in 2001. Whatever the reasons, in 2005, MSM still accounted for about 53% of all new HIV/AIDS cases and 71% of cases in male adults and adolescents.

Source:
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here are some straight facts on the subject from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention :eek::eek::eek:

Thank you for the kind words and great information here from you as well.

There are so many sins and so many way people try to justify them, but reading meanings into the Bible that aren't there just doesn't work, it eventually fails. God has written His word so perfectly that in context there is not doubt about the message and there are always other confirming and supporting verses and chapters to support every concept God has laid out for us.

I think we argue and debate about sins so much because God has written His word in our hearts and when we deny Him and choose sin there is that ache that can't be quieted, that void that only God can fill and you either accept Him or go through life trying to fill that void with things that don't fit and fail to complete us like only God can.

It seems so common and also so sad that those walking in sin often view God and the Bible as "some religion or group" that is trying to control them and "ruin their fun" instead of what it really is - God trying to protect them from their own sin nature and the consequences of sinful choices, what ever that sin may be.

A common thread I see is that when we are walking in sin, deep down inside, we feel unlovable on some subconscious level, so maybe it's harder to understand "why" God would love us so much, or even at all.

But God does love us, each one of us, so very very much. He wants to bless us with the full measure of His love and blessings and that is one of the great things that those who are willfully walking in sin are missing out on.

It's so simple...
God wants each of us to know Him through His only begotten Son - Jesus, to acknowledge Him as the one and only living God and realize that we are all sinners and need a savior and to ask Him for forgiveness, He wants us to invite Him into our hearts and lives and their by become one of His children.

But it doesn't end there, true surrender and acceptance of God through Jesus Christ is the beginning of a personal relationship with God, one that desires growth. Seeking to know more about God through His word, fellowship with other Christians and a desire to do Gods work are all natural results or consequences of being saved. And the stronger that relationship gets the easier it is to recognize sin and the hold sin can have on our flesh gets weaker and weaker - No longer a slave to sin!

Accepting Jesus and having a personal relationship with God is something that is so truly incredible, God's love is a love so pure and strong, I wish I could more adequately describe it. When view sin through the Bible like a lens you can actually see it for what it is - a path to death and destruction.

Romans 6:12-23

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

James 1

1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

9 Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, 10 but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away. 11 For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

19 So then,[a] my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.