Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note, I'm not promoting anything, nor am I stating anything here is right or wrong. This has nothing to do with the morality of homosexuality, just philosophical argumentation.

I've been thinking on this and I believe there are three possible options.

1) You're born with a preference (most likely)
- e.g. Similar to being born with heterosexuality​
2) An environment condition altered your preference (likely)
- e.g. A negative sexual experience alters my preference
- very sad, but I know a few in this category​
3) You're not born with a preference (least likely)
- e.g. I "choose" a preference
- Least likely, because as a heterosexual man, I don't recall "choosing" heterosexuality, maybe some do, I dunno.​

In any of these options, it would seem to me the most logical would be #1 and #2, with #3 being the least logical option.

Note, I'm not saying being born a certain way makes something right, or wrong. Or subscribing to any of the possible options above makes something right or wrong. Just simply talking logic here in a philosophical sense.

Last edited:

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I personally believe we are born into sin. It's passed down through man's seed, right? So, we're already condemned...each of us...the moment we're born. It's not works that save us either. We ALL need Christ.

I tend to think we all have that deep, dark thing we would never tell anyone about. Whatever it is. If you've known someone who was a pathological liar, they can't seem to help it. When you talk to murderers, it's an impulsive need and they can't seem to help it. Thieves can't stop stealing. Gluttons don't stop eating. On and on. Not that they "can't", as we are all in control of our lives, but these are things that beset us and we struggle with it.

Some people struggle with one sin more than other.

Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟35,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everyone is bi-sexual to some degree. Some moreso than others. So it's not really a binary, more of a spectrum. Your attraction to women may be .0001% or 99.9999% or anywhere in between.

Plenty of gay men have some passing attraction to women, but usually only women who are vastly out of their league. Meanwhile, he's attracted to men who look like him, so it makes far more sense to stick with that.

There have been piles of studies that show that about a quarter of men are significantly bi-sexual, and virtually 100% of women are.

The question is more a matter of degree. One person may find 30% of women attractive and only one man in ten million. But that's still not zero.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Note, I'm not promoting anything, nor am I stating anything here is right or wrong.

- Least likely, because as a heterosexual man, I don't recall "choosing" heterosexuality, maybe some do, I dunno.​

In any of these options, it would seem to me the most logical would be #1 and #2, with #3 being the least logical option.

Note, I'm not saying being born a certain way makes something right, or wrong. Or subscribing to any of the possible options above makes something right or wrong. Just simply talking logic here in a philosophical sense.

For now I will say this: logic has no place is love and lust.

So, add the complexity of gender and sexual identity to the insanity of love, or even lust.

And yet, people go to extreme lengths to sustain and satisfy the hunger of these illogical abstractions.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know there's a lot of people who want to normalize homosexuality, but it's still a major minority. According to The Washington Post, only 1.8% of men identify as gay and 0.9 as bi-sexual. It's less for women, at 1.5%. It's always been less than 2% as far as I know, so not sure where some of these numbers come from.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I know there's a lot of people who want to normalize homosexuality, but it's still a major minority. According to The Washington Post, only 1.8% of men identify as gay and 0.9 as bi-sexual. It's less for women, at 1.5%. It's always been less than 2% as far as I know, so not sure where some of these numbers come from.
Nah. It has to be at least 40%. Judging by how much it is in the news and all. And how successful they have been in changing school bathroom policies and fining bakers and florists out of business and all.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if you are born into being LGBT, i doesn't change the fact you cannot have LGBT relationships or else your in sin.

Nah. It has to be at least 40%. Judging by how much it is in the news and all. And how successful they have been in changing school bathroom policies and fining bakers and florists out of business and all.
No, its a low amount. The reason we always hear about is the LGBT agenda. The shout over everything this way it becomes noticed and makes the news. That and most media is biased so they will talk about LGBT alot to also push the agenda.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Note, I'm not promoting anything, nor am I stating anything here is right or wrong.

I don't like the phrase "born with" because in reality, you aren't born with sexuality as the brain doesn't even develop the groundwork for sexual attraction until toddlerhood, so technically nobody is born straight either. However, a person sexual orientation seems to be determined from a very early age. I think it's mostly like a complex interaction of both, just like almost everything else about us, to what percentage is it biology versus the environment I am not sure, just that it is likely both.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

No, it's about 1-2% of men and 1-2% of women. Most people don't realize how small the minority groups actually are in the United States. Did you know that African Americans only account for 13% of the population? Asians only 5%?

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The sin:

Romans 1:27

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Jude 7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

The cure:

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Everyone is bi-sexual to some degree. Some moreso than others. So it's not really a binary, more of a spectrum. Your attraction to women may be .0001% or 99.9999% or anywhere in between.

Plenty of gay men have some passing attraction to women, but usually only women who are vastly out of their league. Meanwhile, he's attracted to men who look like him, so it makes far more sense to stick with that.

There have been piles of studies that show that about a quarter of men are significantly bi-sexual, and virtually 100% of women are.

The question is more a matter of degree. One person may find 30% of women attractive and only one man in ten million. But that's still not zero.

!00% of women are bi-sexual? That's gotta be about the most falsity ever!

Depends on what you mean by "bi-sexuality," I suppose.
I bet a majority of all women would never agree with you. I am pretty sure an objective sociologist would never claim 100%.

I suspect the reason for this thread is to take the opportunity to suggest SUCH FALSITY, and some others too.

I suppose "to some degree" means all men and women are capable of being tempted.
But far from being a caution to AVOID TEMPTATION, this thread is no doubt designed for the opposite, to try to NORMALIZE IDEAS ABOUT PERVERSION, make it seem pervasive and "part of everybody."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

I bet a majority of all women would never agree with you. I am pretty sure an objective sociologist would never claim 100%.

I suspect the reason for this thread is to take the opportunity to suggest SUCH FALSITY, and some others too.

I suppose "to some degree" means all men and women are capable of being tempted.
But far from being a caution to AVOID TEMPTATION, this thread is no doubt designed for the opposite, to try to NORMALIZE IDEAS ABOUT PERVERSION, make it seem pervasive and "part of everybody."

Depending on how you define bi-sexual, it may not be 100%, but the majority of women could be classified as "bi-sexual".

• Agree
Reactions: Haramis
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Woah... I created this thread and NEVER made the claims you're suggesting. Not once did I suggest 100% of women are bisexual. :confused:

The purpose of the thread was to show that logically, there seems to be three possible options by which one can arrive at homosexuality.

Can you explain this comment for me:
"the reason for this thread is to take the opportunity to suggest SUCH FALSITY"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depending on how you define bi-sexual, it may not be 100%, but the majority of women could be classified as "bi-sexual".
I think there is a distinction to be made between being simply bi-curious vs actually identifying as bisexual. I honestly don't know any statistics either way though.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think there is a distinction to be made between being simply bi-curious vs actually identifying as bisexual.

Yes, definitely. As far as the percentages, it ultimately depends on what research you read.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, definitely. As far as the percentages, it ultimately depends on what research you read.
That sounds highly objective.

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
That sounds highly objective.

If you look at the Kinsey Scale, 0 is exclusively heterosexual to 6, which is exclusively homosexual. Bisexual could be 2-5, just 3, 2-4, there's not really an objective definition of the term bisexual. That's only one scale of sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Woah... I created this thread and NEVER made the claims you're suggesting. Not once did I suggest 100% of women are bisexual. :confused:

The purpose of the thread was to show that logically, there seems to be three possible options by which one can arrive at homosexuality.

Can you explain this comment for me:
"the reason for this thread is to take the opportunity to suggest SUCH FALSITY"

Believe it or not, it is not all about you, even though you created this obnoxious thread.
My post #11 that you quoted was a response to Haramis, NOT YOU. The 100% claim was his/hers.

This rather explains my comment - you created the thread and it was the occasion, THE STIMULUS, for such an outrageous claim.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believe it or not, it is not all about you, even though you created this obnoxious thread.
My post #11 that you quoted was a response to Haramis, NOT YOU. The 100% claim was his/hers.

This rather explains my comment - you created the thread and it was the occasion, THE STIMULUS, for such an outrageous claim.
Don't involve me in your comments to someone else... and then I won't think it's about me. lol

I fail to see how the thread is obnoxious, but... wild idea here... don't comment on it then.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Don't involve me in your comments to someone else... and then I won't think it's about me. lol

I fail to see how the thread is obnoxious, but... wild idea here... don't comment on it then.

In your post #13 it is NOT ME that involved you in my response to somebody else.

Upvote 0