Not open for further replies.

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave you the courtesy of showing how you manipulated the passage. Show me the same if you're going to make the accusation.
The vast majority are perishing in sin, as was throughout the Bible. I.E. the Genesis Flood. Only eight were saved.

2 Peter 2:4-5 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

"FEW there be..."

Upvote 0

Hakan101

Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The vast majority are perishing in sin, as was throughout the Bible. I.E. the Genesis Flood. Only eight were saved.

2 Peter 2:4-5 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

"FEW there be..."

I'm afraid I'm a little confused...how does that explain ChildofGod87's manipulation? I don't really see any manipulation in anything he said...I'm not saying you're manipulating, I just don't understand your point, sorry.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid I'm a little confused...how does that explain ChildofGod87's manipulation? I don't really see any manipulation in anything he said...I'm not saying you're manipulating, I just don't understand your point, sorry.
I'm just saying the majority are nearly always wrong about religion, according to the Bible. Only 3 were saved from Sodom. God burned the rest to ashes.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just saying the majority are nearly always wrong about religion, according to the Bible. Only 3 were saved from Sodom. God burned the rest to ashes.

Then, you must acknowledge that it is you who may be wrong?

Upvote 0

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then, you must acknowledge that it is you who may be wrong?

I would restate that those who clung to "religion" and didn't heed the clear Word of God in the scripture were indeed burned to ashes. There are now as there were then many "religious" people who cling to their own sin because it makes them "happy."

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Incorrect. Four were saved form the destruction of Sodom. Lot’s wife was turned to a pillar of salt after being saved because she basically showed concern for the suffering of her former neighbors

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would someone insist that God “clearly” condemns a minority when there is no clearly about it?…makes you wonder
Guess you missed this, again:

Romans 1:26-29 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you have declared that you know positively what arsenokoies means and have neither provided evidence to back that up or declared yourself an expert in Ancient Greek…you might do well to follow your own advice and stick to English
I didn't and I do. How about you? A Greek expert?

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Incorrect. Four were saved form the destruction of Sodom. Lot’s wife was turned to a pillar of salt after being saved because she basically showed concern for the suffering of her former neighbors
God obviously destroyed her, so it's correct.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuals won't come to hell.

They might get annihilated, though.

Oh, THAT'S right ...THAT'S what this thread is about!

My views about God and the Bible have changed quite dramatically during the past couple of years or so. However, while I can't even begin to guess what lies in store for us all at the end of time, it was my previous belief that the righteous receive eternal life and the unrighteous receive eternal death (or annihilation). This 'eternal suffering in a literal hell' concept is a human construct used for fear-mongering purposes. In fact, I could never belong to a religious organization (a church?) that taught the doctrine of a literal hell/literal torment. That is totally counter to 'love'.

As for homosexuals meeting whatever unfortunate fate awaits the unrighteous at the end of time, I believe that to be a lot of poppycock. NO ONE is 'lost' by virtue of their sexual preference. Homosexuality or heterosexuality (one's sexual orientation) has NOTHING to do with one's righteousness or their lack of righteousness. Righteousness, if we believe the notion of 'saved' and 'lost' is a HEART thing and THAT alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The fact of the matter is that there is no clear condemnation of what we understand by homosexuality anywhere in Scripture. The OT is dealing mostly with temple prostitution and the NT seems to be mostly concerned with pederasty or the procurement of slaves for same-sex sex.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Guess you missed this, again:

Romans 1:26-29 (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

And you have missed the intent of this passage which is in Romans 2:1

(Rom 2:1 [rsv])
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, whoever you are, when you judge another; for in passing judgment upon him you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing in scripture to support annihilationalism.

The Bible DOES mention 'the destruction' of the wicked in a number of places. While we are all playing guessing games when it comes to this issue since NO ONE knows what will occur at the end of time ...'destruction' DOES suggest annihilation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.