Homosexual agenda

Homosexual laws

Landlords will be required to accept homosexuals as tenants (already the law in some places).
* State laws against sodomy and other unnatural acts will be overturned.
* Private organizations such as the Boy Scouts will be required to accept a gay scoutmaster.
* Employers will not be allowed to reject applicants because they are gay.1
* Public media will be either prevented or pressured not to broadcast or to print even Bible declarations against sexual perversions--no freedom of speech on this issue.
* Companies will be required to extend marital benefits to employees who live in a same-sex relationship.2
* States might be required to legitimize same sex marriages.
* One who openly upholds biblical truth on these issues will be subject to discrimination.3
* Schools will be required to encourage acceptance of sexual diversity and parental guidance in these matters will be ignored.
* Churches will lose their tax-status and become subject to lawsuits when they reject or discipline practicing homosexuals

excerpts by David R. Pharr

What is your thoughts concerning the agenda of the homosexual community?

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I can say is "I am so tired of this utter nonsense". Some of those things (landlords can't discriminate in MN, unless they also live on the property) are already laws; others will never be laws. Personally, I am all for benefits for same-sex employees. If we are going to require *any* benefits, might as well be comprehensive.

However, most of this stuff is outright lies and fearmongering, and you should be ashamed of yourself for propagating it.

Upvote 0

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Originally posted by rapturebaby
Homosexual laws

Landlords will be required to accept homosexuals as tenants (already the law in some places).
* State laws against sodomy and other unnatural acts will be overturned.
* Private organizations such as the Boy Scouts will be required to accept a gay scoutmaster.
* Employers will not be allowed to reject applicants because they are gay.1
* Public media will be either prevented or pressured not to broadcast or to print even Bible declarations against sexual perversions--no freedom of speech on this issue.
* Companies will be required to extend marital benefits to employees who live in a same-sex relationship.2
* States might be required to legitimize same sex marriages.
* One who openly upholds biblical truth on these issues will be subject to discrimination.3
* Schools will be required to encourage acceptance of sexual diversity and parental guidance in these matters will be ignored.
* Churches will lose their tax-status and become subject to lawsuits when they reject or discipline practicing homosexuals

excerpts by David R. Pharr

What is your thoughts concerning the agenda of the homosexual community?

Firstly, who are "the homosexual community'?

Secondly, is this their agenda and how do you know?

Thirdly, much of that should be in place by law anyway. There are some problems with some of the way the things are written, so I would want more specific information on what they entailed before I said yes or no.

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Boy, how about that homosexual agenda -- they want to be treated as people instead of second-class citizens! The horror! :( :( :(

To me garbage like this is the most shameful and embarassing part of Christianity. You don't think that gays should have the right to rent apartments, or to have a fair chance at work? How can you possibly defend that?

Did Jesus tell us to make sinners into second-class citizens?

Did Jesus tell us to discriminate against sinners?

If homosexuality is a sin, why are homosexuals any different from other sinners?

(Now, I am more liberal than this -- I firmly and completely believe in a strong separation of church and state, and I do not think that homosexual "marriages" should be prohibited by law. If the churches want to deny marriage to homosexuals that's fine, but they should not lose the legal benefits in the secular world because they don't believe in conservative Christianity.)

:sick:

-Chris

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
Indeed, seebs - I always thought the homosexual agenda was to take over the world by Christmas. Then we would all be forced to wear pink taffeta and matching pearls and watch Barbara Streisand movies. The end of civilisation as we know it.

If you must know, Big Gay Al is the UberFuehrer of the homosexual community.

I will probably have the members stamp their feet and turn their backs on me in the bar and whisper behind their hands and look at me knowlingly now I have revealed their secret ...

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ROFL! The homosexual agenda, it appears, is to buy my wife sushi. One of our old friends is gay, and they get together every Tuesday to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and then go out for sushi or beer. Most days, he plays piano at a church. What a terrifying agenda!

Full agreement with kern. What ever happened to compassion and charity? Did I miss the part of the Bible where Jesus said to be really mean to sinners?

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
The True Homosexual Agenda (I knew I had seen it somewhere ...)

6:00 am Gym

8:00 am Breakfast (oatmeal and egg whites) 9:00 am Hair appointment 10:00 am Shopping 12:00 PM Brunch 2:00 PM
  1. Assume complete control of the U.S. Federal, State and Local Governments as well as all other national governments,
  2. Recruit all straight youngsters to our debauched lifestyle,
  3. Destroy all healthy heterosexual marriages,
  4. Replace all school counselors in grades K-12 with agents of Colombian and Jamaican drug cartels,
  5. Establish planetary chain of "homo breeding gulags" where over-medicated imprisoned straight women are turned into artificially impregnated baby factories to produce pre*****cent love slaves for our devotedly pederastic gay leadership,
  6. bulldoze all houses of worship, and
  7. Secure total control of the INTERNET and all mass media for the exclusive use of child inappropriate contentographers.
2:30 PM Get forty winks of beauty rest to prevent facial wrinkles from stress of world conquest 4:00 PM Cocktails 6:00 PM Light Dinner (soup, salad, with Chardonnay) 8:00 PM Theater 11:00 PM Bed (du jour)?

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by David Gould
Indeed, seebs - I always thought the homosexual agenda was to take over the world by Christmas. Then we would all be forced to wear pink taffeta and matching pearls and watch Barbara Streisand movies. The end of civilisation as we know it.

If you must know, Big Gay Al is the UberFuehrer of the homosexual community.

I will probably have the members stamp their feet and turn their backs on me in the bar and whisper behind their hands and look at me knowlingly now I have revealed their secret ...

Christmas?! That simply won't do. Six days simply isn't enough time to get a decent victory party put together. We'll just have to postpone it to a more convenient date.

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Am I gay?

I always thought the church should pay taxes anyway. I don't get why churches should be exempt. I do believe some consideration has to be shown, or only businesses with profits could afford to build in metro areas. But the no tax thing is weird.

As far as "subject to lawsuits", aren't we now? Being subject to and winning and losing are different topics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Y'know, funny you should ask. My wife is bisexual, and she and her best friend (who is gay) and sometimes his boyfriend *ALWAYS* watch Buffy. I mean, *ALWAYS*. I don't think she's missed Buffy (except for reruns) in two years. Every time a season comes out on DVD, *BANG*, there she is in the store.

I think it's okay, I don't bother to watch it all the time.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Next thing you know they'll be telling us that churches should accept people who have drinking problems, or lie, or who had sex before they were married. And then Jesus will come back and His church will be *full of sinners*, and won't He be mad. *sigh*. It's only half funny, because the other half is sad.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
yeah, I know, but if they turn them away they shouldn't be riticued for it, that's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Is it wrong, maybe. there are points you must turn people away if they refuse to change. that's addressed in the bible as well. Its a redemptive turning away, not a punitive though.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Mind if I try a little experiment?

NOT originally posted by rapturebaby
AFRICAN-AMERICAN laws

Landlords will be required to accept AFRICAN-AMERICANS as tenants (already the law in some places).
* State laws against INTEGRATION and other unnatural acts will be overturned.
* Private organizations such as the Boy Scouts will be required to accept a BLACK scoutmaster.
* Employers will not be allowed to reject applicants because they are BLACK.
* Public media will be either prevented or pressured not to broadcast or to print even Bible declarations against RACIAL perversions--no freedom of speech on this issue.
* Companies will be required to extend marital benefits to employees who live in an INTERRACIAL relationship.
* States might be required to legitimize INTERRACIAL marriages.
* One who openly upholds biblical truth on these issues will be subject to discrimination.
* Schools will be required to encourage acceptance of RACIAL diversity and parental guidance in these matters will be ignored.
* Churches will lose their tax-status and become subject to lawsuits when they reject or discipline practicing AFRICAN-AMERICANS

excerpts by David R. Pharr With a little help from Nathan Poe.

What is your thoughts concerning the agenda of the AFRICAN-AMERICAN community?

Well, all of a sudden, we're back in the 1960s, now aren't we?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuals don't have an agenda. The agenda is that of sin. This is only a result of sin in America. As Christians, we have to come to the relization that there is nothing that we can do about it. We are rapidly becoming the minority and will eventually have no say, and then will eventually become social and political heretics thanks to the like of orginazations like N.O.W. and the ACLU.

What we have to do as Christians is pray. We have to remeber that Jesus Christ died for all. That he wishes none should perish.

Jim Cymbala who pastors the Brooklyn Tabernacle tells a story of a transexual who came to the church. The man came in wearing his usual female attire and sat down front next to Jim Cymbala. The man did not know who Pastor Cymbala was. The transexual was waiting for ridicule and chastisement from the church. When Pastor Cymbala rose to speak to the church the man relized who he was sitting next to. The actions of Jim Cymbala affected that man more than any sermon he could have given. The transexual/crossdresser gave his heart to God. Weeks went buy and the man still was wearing the same clothing. Someone asked Pastor Cymbala if he was going to say something to the crossdresser. He said no... That he was going to allow God to tell him.
Eventually the crossdresser gave up his crossdressing ways. God delivered him from his lifestyle. He started an AIDS support group. Met his wife there. A few years later he passed away. As Pastor of that church, Jim Cymbala could have said exaclty what the man wanted to hear, but he did not. Rather, he said nothing to the man, but let the words of God speak to him. That is a great testimony.

Christians, we need to be ready to recieve these people into our flock. It is going to happen more and more. Should we accept there lifestyle and condone it as acceptable change, no. Should we love them and care for them and pray for them, yes. We need to be Jesus to these people, for we may be the only Jesus that these people ever see....

Upvote 0
"these peopls" may not want to be accepted into the flock anymore after having been bombarded with "YOU ARE A SINNER!" "QUEERS ARE WRONG."

the most important commandment of g'd is that of love! he teaches us to love others as we love ourselves. he doesnt day "love the sinner hate the sin." what the heck is that anyway? that is a way of validating your hatred. and for these "sinners," that "sin" is an enormous part of their identity. so when you say "i hate your sin!" the message that you really give is "i hate you." that is not the message of g'd.

and why all this debate over whether something is a sin or not? who am i (or who are any of you) to say whether something is a sin or not? that would be passinge judgement, and. well. that is not my job. again that is the job of the big G. sorry!

i am a sinner. i am not saying this proudly. i am a sinner, and there are things that i need to work on. things that i need forgiveness for. but my sin isnt any worse than your sin, or the next persons sin. sinning is sinning.... lets leave the judgements to the one who is in control.

Upvote 0
Well for goodness sake, I'm surprised to encounter a thread on homosexuality in this day and age.
Considering that homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time along with the oldest profession.
Osacr Wilde was such a master of words, but I wouldn't discriminate against his writings on the basis of his homosexuality.

There is undoubtedly truth in his writing.

David

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and why all this debate over whether something is a sin or not? who am i (or who are any of you) to say whether something is a sin or not? that would be passinge judgement, and. well. that is not my job. again that is the job of the big G. sorry

Its not I that defines what sin is....GOD and his word does...

As Christians we are not too judge, but each person is to produce fruit, and we are allowed to inspect that fruit. 

I have a friend who is gay.  We were good friends in High School and spent a lot of time together.  He went to college and fell subject to the homosexual crowd.  I have never passed judgement on him, but he is the one who has now shied away from our friendship.  When he would come to town he would stay at my place.  I knew he was giving into the gay lifestyle.  I wasn't afraid of him or scared that he would "hit" on me.  I never "preached to him", I didn't have to.  He knows what the word says.

He calls now and again but not much anymore.  He travels alot performing.  I pray that God will protect him and bring him back to the knowledge of his Son.  There is nothing more that I can do.

Upvote 0