Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What exactly is this "homosexual lifestyle"? I know a few gay people, and I can't name a "homosexual lifestyle". Does the gay guy who took holy orders and devoted his life to God count? If so, what exactly do you want him to do differently?

Upvote 0
his sying away from your friendship could have nothing to do with your beliefs on homosexuality. it could just be that he went away to college and is expanding his horizons. i am nowhere near the person that i was before i went to college and i am not friends with any of the same people that i had been before leaving. people grow. and sometimes they grow apart.

saying that someone fell subject to the "homosexual crowd" drives me insane. does that mean that he became friends with people that are openly GBLT? does that mean that he has discovered his sexuality? does that mean that he is being promiscous and having premarital sexual relations? what exactly does that mean to you?

i ask because some people believe that this statement means that they are experimenting with sex in a glbt way. straight people experiment with sex too and we dont ever talk about this as much as we talk about glbt people. what gives?

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Leviathan

I have a friend who is gay.  We were good friends in High School and spent a lot of time together.  He went to college and fell subject to the homosexual crowd.  I have never passed judgement on him, but he is the one who has now shied away from our friendship.  When he would come to town he would stay at my place.  I knew he was giving into the gay lifestyle. 

What is "the gay lifestyle"?

What does it mean to "[fall] subject to the homosexual crowd"?

-Chris

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone read Romans 1:25-32 and then tell me what you get out of it.

As for what is the gay lifestyle. That is mearly terminology used by todays society. You all know what it means and I really don't know why you are asking what it mean, unless you are trying to set me up.

What does it mean to "[fall] subject to the homosexual crowd"?
Obviously there are those here who, are willing to accept the homosexuals and there orientation as something that is viewed by God as ok. The bible clearly states that it is wrong and enough said.

I stated in another thread how we as christians must be willing to accept the fact that homosexuals are, and you are not going to like this statement, lost. But, we as Christians have to love them as Jesus Christ also died for all men..

I don't hate my friend because he is "broadning his horizon". I love him and will always love him as a brother and as friend. Can I accept his decision to have sex with men, no.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I really don't know what it means. I hear it used all the time, but no one has EVER had the guts to sit down and say *exactly* what they mean. What *exactly* is this "homosexual lifestyle"? I've heard this term used only by people who assert that it's some kind of vague bad thing. It's like talking about the "Muslim lifestyle", not saying anything specific, and implying that it's somehow opposed to All That Is Good.

So, it doesn't mean much. Why don't you tell us what *you* think it means. Does it mean promiscuous sex? If so, then *say* promiscuous sex - and recognize that gay men don't necessarily have promiscuous sex.

The problem with a vague term like this is that you can get all the emotional weight of every rumor and urban legend anyone's heard, without having said a single thing that anyone can confirm or deny.

So, let's be honest here: *EXACTLY* what is this "homosexual lifestyle"? Is it something that every gay person necessarily engages in? Does it imply anything about religion, about your job, about your relationship with God?

By using vague terms of condemnation, you avoid taking any responsibility for specific statements of fact which can be discussed meaningfully.

If you can't give me a set of rules for knowing whether or not someone has fallen into the "homosexual lifestyle", then there's no such thing; it doesn't mean anything if you can't say what it means.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, to address your questions: How about I read *all* of Romans 1, to avoid any possibility of taking things out of context?

What I get from it: People who turn from God will return to pagan rituals, and this separates them from God and eternal life.

Now, how about you read Romans 2 and tell me what *you* get out of it. Do you get anything that says "but go ahead and judge people if they're gay, 'cuz that's gross"? I don't.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seebs I will try and answer your question to the best of my knowledge. 

Homosexual Lifestyle is:   that lifestyle which involves having sexual relations with the same sex.  Whether it be ******l, oral or sodomy.  Not practicing sex with the opposite sex. Websters define lifestyle as :  the typical way of life of an individual, group, or culture.  So an individual, group, or culture that is gay, is living a gay lifestyle.  There lifestyle may involve many other aspects other than this one as well.  What is typical then for someone who is gay?  Male and a women, not typical for that lifestyle. 

Paul in Romans Chapter 2 starts off by condemning those who judge but yet, are practicing those things which they judge other people for.  He says that they are condemning themselves.  Storing up wrath for themselves.  vs 1-6

vs 7-14  Paul says that those who follow and persevere after that which is good and seek glory and immortality will recieve eternall life.  Those that are selfish and seek after selfishness and unrighteousness, will recieve wrath and indignation.  Paul says that there will be tribulation and distress for those who do evil, first for the jew and the greek. 

Rest of Romans 2 is all about practice what you preach, and that the law means nothing if you don't practice the law....

Unfortunately I will not be able to talk again till tomorrow.  My computer at home unfortunately has taken a dump and has not come back yet.  Everyone have a good night and God Bless.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that makes any sense, then; I mean, I don't talk about the "heterosexual lifestyle", which includes anything from swingers to singles bars to people who stay virgins until they get married and are faithful for life, not to mention polygamy, serial monogamy, adultery... It's not "a lifestyle".

A lifestyle should be a typical way of life, and the question of "which gender of people do you have sex with" is not a "way of life"; it's a tiny little aspect of a way of life.

The problem here is that there's a category error; since "practicing" homosexuals, as a group, are defined by their sexual practices, people seem to think this means that each individual gay man defines his life entirely around his sex life. This is no more true of gay men than straight men.

It's more useful to talk about things like "middle-class American lifestyle", or "Japanese salaryman lifestyle". At least those have implications beyond the question of who people have sex with.

I think you've misunderstood Romans; it's not restricted to hypocrites, but rather, to everyone who judges, because none of us can claim to be better than another sinner; our sins, too, offend God.

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic

I stated in another thread how we as christians must be willing to accept the fact that homosexuals are, and you are not going to like this statement, lost. .

Are they any more lost than other sinners? What if a person is homosexual but accepts Christ as their savior, but does not turn away from homosexuality? What if it's because they sincerely believe that homosexuality is not a sin? Are they still "lost"?

-Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by David Gould
Indeed, seebs - I always thought the homosexual agenda was to take over the world by Christmas. Then we would all be forced to wear pink taffeta and matching pearls and watch Barbara Streisand movies. The end of civilisation as we know it.

If you must know, Big Gay Al is the UberFuehrer of the homosexual community.

I will probably have the members stamp their feet and turn their backs on me in the bar and whisper behind their hands and look at me knowlingly now I have revealed their secret ...

:D :D

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by rapturebaby
Homosexual laws

Landlords will be required to accept homosexuals as tenants (already the law in some places).
* State laws against sodomy and other unnatural acts will be overturned.
* Private organizations such as the Boy Scouts will be required to accept a gay scoutmaster.
* Employers will not be allowed to reject applicants because they are gay.1
* Public media will be either prevented or pressured not to broadcast or to print even Bible declarations against sexual perversions--no freedom of speech on this issue.
* Companies will be required to extend marital benefits to employees who live in a same-sex relationship.2
* States might be required to legitimize same sex marriages.
* One who openly upholds biblical truth on these issues will be subject to discrimination.3
* Schools will be required to encourage acceptance of sexual diversity and parental guidance in these matters will be ignored.
* Churches will lose their tax-status and become subject to lawsuits when they reject or discipline practicing homosexuals

excerpts by David R. Pharr

What is your thoughts concerning the agenda of the homosexual community?

What are my thoughts?  sounds like the same 'hate talk' aimed towards Blacks, Chinese, and Native Americans.  tsk, tsk, after you and those like you stamp out the 'homosexual agenda'...what's next...will you come after the 'Native American' agenda?

Oh yeah..let's don't forget the 'Jewish Agenda' and Hitlers 'final solution' to that.

YOU sicken me. 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. I guess I misunderstood something you said earlier; nevermind.

I try to stay very far from saying that I know for sure that something *can't* be part of God's plan. History is littered with people who were sure, and wrong, about God's plans for us.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Homosexuals don't have an agenda. The agenda is that of sin. This is only a result of sin in America. As Christians, we have to come to the relization that there is nothing that we can do about it. We are rapidly becoming the minority and will eventually have no say, and then will eventually become social and political heretics thanks to the like of orginazations like N.O.W. and the ACLU.

So really it's a win/win situation. Social acceptance and equality for all people and a loss of religious fundamentalism.

Remind me to send my cheque to the ACLU right away.

Upvote 0