Adoniram

Jan 15, 2004
Missouri
✟16,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, since pescador has left the conversation, I'll just put this out in the for what it's worth category.

God has declared in the Scriptures how He feels about any and all sin...He cannot abide it, and it will have no part in His heaven. The current trend in our society towards approval of certain sins is another sign that the devil is alive and well, and still at work trying to distort the Word of God. It started way back in the Garden of Eden when he said to Eve (and I paraphrase) "Did God say? Surely, God didn't mean that."

pescador (and others before and since) have rightly indicated that Jesus did not condemn the woman caught in adultery, instead forgiving her. However, pescador conveniently omits the second part of Jesus' words to her..."Go, and sin no more."

No matter how "decent, honest people who are in loving same-sex relationships" may seem to us, we are not and can not look at them through the eyes of God, who declares that "all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags."

Indeed, God will judge. In the meantime, those who condone sin will be held as accountable as those who commit it. (Rom. 1:32)

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a good friend who has been cheating on his wife for about a year. He loves his wife and loves his girlfriend. He does not consider his adultery shameful because both women are happy and so is he.

Now, from a biological perspective, what he is doing is natural and is even beneficial. Is that sin to you? Why is it anyone's business what he does?

The answer, of course, is that the liberal mind says that God is humanocentric. He orbits around our happiness, ready to plug in where we are weak and NEVER judging us for our behaviors. The Pro-LGBT Christian claims that "it is good as long as the two people love each other." The Pro-adultery Christian can say the same thing because the bible is full of men with more than one wife, but it only through the puritanical short-sightedness of our legal system that we do not permit marriage between more than two people.

The bottom line is that no one cares if you like to have sex with other men. But, God does because he built our biology a certain way. He says so in the bible. It is a sin and we don't want our pastors to be people who give in to a specific sin in such a powerful way that they identify themselves by the sin! You don't see other sinners wearing PRIDE t-shirts proclaiming that adultery, theft, drunkenness are a source of PRIDE (which is, of course, the greatest of sins).

Great post! Good points.

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a heterophobic. Though I do not act my gay desires, hetero men scare me. I am terrified if they find out about me they will hurt me. So I stay away from them.

All my friends are females and are not believers.
In a potential bit of irony, I think there's reason to be somewhat encouraged in this, which reason lie in the acknowledgement about the truth of homosexual behavior being a sin.

It is alleged by many that [true] homophobia is a result of one's own latent homosexual desires - which as a sidebar is why many use the term "homophobia" not as a descriptor of a real or perceived fear, but strictly as a pejorative against those who oppose the homosexual agenda.

According to them (and I happen to agree in general with their allegations), men with latent homosexual desires, rather than fear God, ie. acknowledge as sin any behavior that would result were they to carry out those desires, fear man (including themselves) instead. Rather than obey God (as you are doing), their fear of man drives them inappropriately (sinfully) to lash out in anger against their fears, against those whose behavior only exacerbates or incites their own temptations.

They think if they can eradicate the behavior in others, regardless the means, they can quell (blaming themselves), or eradicate (blaming others) their own personal temptations to this behavior.

Their "homophobia," as expressed in anger and fear towards other men who behave homosexually is, in this sense, nothing more than an attempt to "save" themselves - which of course the Christian knows is not possible inasmuch as we are saved ONLY by His kindness and grace and strength and forgiveness.

Of course the opposite (of [this] "homophobia") is equally true - in an attempt to "save" themselves from similar fears (of man) - and rather than obey God, their fear drives them to seek cultural (man's) acceptance of their behavior - ironically acceptance from those whose own homophobia is largely the genesis of theirs. And this is what we are experiencing in our culture today - a concerted effort on the part of unregenerate men and women who practice homosexuality, even with "pride" (arrogance) to gain cultural acceptance of their sin rather than repent of it.

Neither group acknowledges God on this topic, nor do they seek His help. Instead, and in worldly fashion they seek their own form of release from those fears - gaining in the process man's permission to continue unstigmatized in that sin.

By His grace, you have removed yourself from this worldly, downward spiral by acknowledging God's truth about this particular sin, for which I pray God will continue to pour upon you His kindness, mercy, and grace, including His strength to continue on the course to which He's called you in Christ. Moreover, I pray He will bring into your life some godly men with whom you can fellowship together as friends and brothers in Christ, men who are mature in Christ and not given to the behavior resulting from either phobia, but whose behavior is in line with Christ's - men who accept you as no different than themselves, fallen human beings in need of God's persistent grace and Christ's sacrifice on all our behalf.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why do we buy into these homosexual debates? If those of us that see homosexuality as a sin refuse to debate the issue, it will give the trolls and homosexuals a much smaller platform to argue their beliefs. No matter how you paint sin, it is still sin.

The term homophobic is a joke, I don't fear them, I feel sorry for them.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why do we buy into these homosexual debates? If those of us that see homosexuality as a sin refuse to debate the issue, it will give the trolls and homosexuals a much smaller platform to argue their beliefs. No matter how you paint sin, it is still sin.

The term homophobic is a joke, I don't fear them, I feel sorry for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jesse2014

In a potential bit of irony, I think there's reason to be somewhat encouraged in this, which reason lie in the acknowledgement about the truth of homosexual behavior being a sin.

It is alleged by many that [true] homophobia is a result of one's own latent homosexual desires - which as a sidebar is why many use the term "homophobia" not as a descriptor of a real or perceived fear, but strictly as a pejorative against those who oppose the homosexual agenda.

According to them (and I happen to agree in general with their allegations), men with latent homosexual desires, rather than fear God, ie. acknowledge as sin any behavior that would result were they to carry out those desires, fear man (including themselves) instead. Rather than obey God (as you are doing), their fear of man drives them inappropriately (sinfully) to lash out in anger against their fears, against those whose behavior only exacerbates or incites their own temptations.

They think if they can eradicate the behavior in others, regardless the means, they can quell (blaming themselves), or eradicate (blaming others) their own personal temptations to this behavior.

Their "homophobia," as expressed in anger and fear towards other men who behave homosexually is, in this sense, nothing more than an attempt to "save" themselves - which of course the Christian knows is not possible inasmuch as we are saved ONLY by His kindness and grace and strength and forgiveness.

Of course the opposite (of [this] "homophobia") is equally true - in an attempt to "save" themselves from similar fears (of man) - and rather than obey God, their fear drives them to seek cultural (man's) acceptance of their behavior - ironically acceptance from those whose own homophobia is largely the genesis of theirs. And this is what we are experiencing in our culture today - a concerted effort on the part of unregenerate men and women who practice homosexuality, even with "pride" (arrogance) to gain cultural acceptance of their sin rather than repent of it.

Neither group acknowledges God on this topic, nor do they seek His help. Instead, and in worldly fashion they seek their own form of release from those fears - gaining in the process man's permission to continue unstigmatized in that sin.

By His grace, you have removed yourself from this worldly, downward spiral by acknowledging God's truth about this particular sin, for which I pray God will continue to pour upon you His kindness, mercy, and grace, including His strength to continue on the course to which He's called you in Christ. Moreover, I pray He will bring into your life some godly men with whom you can fellowship together as friends and brothers in Christ, men who are mature in Christ and not given to the behavior resulting from either phobia, but whose behavior is in line with Christ's - men who accept you as no different than themselves, fallen human beings in need of God's persistent grace and Christ's sacrifice on all our behalf.

Thank you.

Even though I am sometimes offended by some Christians attitude towards gays, I know that they are right when they say God hates homosexuality.

And I do hope and pray for mercy as well. It's the fear of God's wrath that keeps me from participating in that sin. I just hope God isn't the one calling us militants, virmins (whatever that means), and anything else I have read Christians saying about us gays. It's hurtful. So I will not be seeking Christians to fellowship with, except of course online. It does not hurt as much online because they do not know me. I am here to seek the truth, even if it hurts me. But I am not here to make friends.

Upvote 0

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the comedy, "The Birdcage," was utterly hilarious. It's is comedy at its best, and although it may have cemented in the minds the opinion of those who were on the fence a confirmation that homosexuality is okay in the eyes of God, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, the real truth is, it does hurt someone, the doer of that sin, by establishing a wall of iniquity between him and God. The cure for that condition is repentance and acceptance of God's will over one's own.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point is: why are you and others obsessed with what goes on in the bedroom between decent, loving adults?
I realize I'm coming in at the tail end of this, but after reading all the posts I don't see where anyone answered pescador's question. The reason that many Christians are "obsessed" (though I wouldn't use that word) with "what goes on in the bedroom between decent, loving adults" is the same reason why many Christians are "obsessed" with other sins like drunkenness, adultery, abortion, etc. Simply put, the more we allow, promote, and even encourage *any* sinful behavior, the further from God our society gets. Since the Christian's goal is to be more Christ-like, then anything that's going on in our society that distances us from God is a bad thing.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have not read all the posts here but this I can say, gay or not gay, God created all of us in the abundance of His love. I am not gay, but I know of lesbian/gay who are most loving and loyal as friends.

If we only consider that God puts His Spirit in the true believer's heart (gay or not), we will be able to see that God Himself will tell the person what is right and what is wrong in their lifestyle. Other people sin (adultery, covetousness, etc) and still it's the same thing that if they are true believers with God who dwells in their hearts, then God Himself tells them what is right from wrong.

If we utterly hate those who 'practice' homosexuality, then does it not follow that we must also utterly hate those who commit adultery (or those with lustful eyes),who lie, cheat, fornicate, covet, steal, murder (or those who have hate in their hearts), full of pride, people who don't love others, etc etc, the list goes on. And if so, will we not then include ourselves among these alleged 'despicable' people? For no one is righteous, not even one, for only Christ is righteous.

If we utterly hate 'homosexuals' themselves then wouldn't we utterly hate those who love a married person (but does not act on it and commit adultery), those who really burn to have sex outside of marriage (but don't commit the fornication act), those who are so angry but do not commit murder?, those who feel so proud but suppresses their pride and tries to be humble instead, etc etc. and if so, will we not then utterly hate ourselves? Because, for as long as we live on earth we will stumble into one or more of these feelings ourselves.

I pray that as long as we live, we never forget this truth: Only by God's love, grace and mercy that we are now in the comfort of His protection from a sinful lifestyle, that is definitely not achieved by our efforts to be a 'good' person.

1 Cor 4:7
'For who regards you as superior? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?'

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This appeared in an article on the Huffington Post...

A packed college auditorium roared with applause when former President Jimmy Carter took a stand for gay rights.

When asked about his views on human rights and the LGBT community, Carter schooled the crowd at Michigan’s Grand Rapids Community College with some of his Christian theology.

“I never knew of any word or action of Jesus Christ that discriminated against anyone,” Carter said.

The 89-year-old then likened discrimination based on sexual orientation to prejudice against a person’s skin color, economic class, and “whether they’re living in a foreign country or our country.”

“I think discrimination against anyone and depriving them of actual equal rights in the United States is a violation of the basic principles of the Constitution that all of us revere in this country,” the president said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This appeared in an article on the Huffington Post...

A packed college auditorium roared with applause when former President Jimmy Carter took a stand for gay rights.

When asked about his views on human rights and the LGBT community, Carter schooled the crowd at Michigan’s Grand Rapids Community College with some of his Christian theology.

“I never knew of any word or action of Jesus Christ that discriminated against anyone,” Carter said.

The 89-year-old then likened discrimination based on sexual orientation to prejudice against a person’s skin color, economic class, and “whether they’re living in a foreign country or our country.”

“I think discrimination against anyone and depriving them of actual equal rights in the United States is a violation of the basic principles of the Constitution that all of us revere in this country,” the president said.

Upvote 0