Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, no, no, no. I personally think a woman should NOT PM you about the way you are regarding her. That would make me extremely uncomfortable. Besides which, since when does the wrongly accused have to be the first to make amends?

I'm afraid KI6 has no integrity in my opinion and no real regard for the simple truths of the G_d in whose name he berates us!

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you two should not talk for her. I never accused her of anything.

And heber, dont talk about how I dont understand God's simple truths. How long have you been reading the bible? No, I dont understand many things.

I have only been reading the Bible for two thirds of my life and I have been a pastor for nearly 20 years, but this I learned:

a) when you are in error you go to the person concerned and apologise whether or not they have said anything to you (Matthew 5, I Cor 11)

b) when you first meet people you remain courteous at all times and respect their beliefs and their knowedge of the Bible, then as you grow in the faith you earn the right to debate with them (Proverbs 19:20; 1 Tim 5:1ff)

You might find it instructive to read 1 Tim 6:3ff as you teach by example that G_d's word can be ignored.

Upvote 0

MI6

Nov 8, 2008
✟231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I have only been reading the Bible for two thirds of my life and I have been a pastor for nearly 20 years, but this I learned:

a) when you are in error you go to the person concerned and apologise whether or not they have said anything to you (Matthew 5, I Cor 11)

b) when you first meet people you remain courteous at all times and respect their beliefs and their knowedge of the Bible, then as you grow in the faith you earn the right to debate with them (Proverbs 19:20; 1 Tim 5:1ff)

You might find it instructive to read 1 Tim 6:3ff as you teach by example that G_d's word can be ignored.

What about when Paul called that one man a child of the devil? He didnt try earn his respect.

But lets not dìscuss this now for we hardly know each other, in keeping with the rules.

Basically I know very little about God. I have learned about washing away all impurities and having a new mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Paul earned the right to address someone as such because deep inside he loved the individual - he certainly didn't want to burn them - but he hated what the person's sin was doing to them.

Sometimes, calling someone a child of the devil (if indeed that is a correct translation) can be quite true - it was a culturally normative thing in his day, but it isn't today.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
No one here is interested in my spiritual journey.

I came here before because I had come here looking for some insight on God. So I came here again looking for more insight. A few of you were against what the marriage bed taught, and rightly so.

This has taught me a valuable lesson. Just because someone follows rules and traditions of old, who claims to know God - doesnt make it true all the time.
They could be holy in the daytime, and unholy at night.

But God sees. And perhaps this unholy night is why so many Christians are getting divorced.

God sees all.
Everything is in its presentation. Those who are seeking and looking for insight are blessed by God to find it. They are open to accept it by whom ever messenger of God sends it. Because all that is offered to them is placed before God to see if it is from Him. They know in their heart.

From reading your postings, I believe we need to pray for you and your struggles. While you maybe throwing them out like accusation upon us, it really maybe a case of the demons tormenting you with them.

Dear Heavenly Father,

We bring MI6 before you, Lord Yeshua, our heavenly advocate before the courts of heaven, as His heart is seeking peace in truth regarding the sexual issues of our day in your Holy light. Lord, you are our advocate in the war against evil forces, and according to Ps 82 you do justice for those who are afflicted and needy. When you walked the earth, Yeshua, you cast out the demons from the afflicted and in torment. MI6 is seeking that "peace that passes all understanding". He has been wrestling with this problem for quite a while and has been inflicting turmoil with those he has come in contact with here on this forum over this issue. Only you, Lord can give him the peace he needs. Answer the weighty questions on his heart, Lord. Send the sexually perverted demons away so that they plague your children no more.

We ask all this in your Holy Name... Amen

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Maybe you two should not talk for her. I never accused her of anything.

And heber, dont talk about how I dont understand God's simple truths. How long have you been reading the bible? No, I dont understand many things.

As a basic rule, whatever causes you harm, or others, that is sin. It is also typical human nature to justify things that should not be. If a person has a good sense to rightly divide those things, then they will do well.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
WOW what happened here? I know normally we have a no problem discussing tough issues in brotherly love, I am very happy to see such support all around our Mishpachah in this thread:)....This out pour of support is awesome to watch, and we should remember this in the future whenever we wonder how we will ever get passed each other differences, as I do see incredible love here:groupray:

I agree with Vis' post above, and feel that our Friend here is more than likely a seeker and knows very little scripture except from what others, that he has respect for, have shared with him...This puts him at a disadvantage in our group to both explain why he feels the way he does, or show any Scriptural proof that what he believes is true is true.

I disagree that when you dont find the right answer in a group, the next recourse is to attack that group(none of us who are regulars here did that to those who dissagreeed with us at all in this thread:groupray:)and I believe that we can agree to disagree on any issue even this one, and so am sad that the thread could not continue in that vein.... I think if given the chance many member's views would have been understood and even accepted if communication had stayed open and respectful, and we could have learned alot from each other....

I think grace needs to be given toward the Scriptural ignorance of this new poster who came to get our opinions on a tough issue, and maybe even his attacks were coming from a point of frustraited ignorance as well, as it must be hard to hear a call from God to come closer and yet not be sure how to, or even if you are worthy to...I could hear this message ringing from the posts in this thread, and was hoping that this new commer would get some unasked questions answered here as well......

Its hard to communicate accurately when folks become offended but maybe there is still hope for this one if grace is now applied.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just wanted to stop the PMing nonsense. I don't think she should be made to feel like she has to PM anyone.
Spot on. Why should a woman be forced to PM someone about an extremely private issue whereby an attacker caused offense???

that would just be silly

Upvote 0

MI6

Nov 8, 2008
✟231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Paul earned the right to address someone as such because deep inside he loved the individual - he certainly didn't want to burn them - but he hated what the person's sin was doing to them.

Sometimes, calling someone a child of the devil (if indeed that is a correct translation) can be quite true - it was a culturally normative thing in his day, but it isn't today.

When I said God should burn them, I meant holy fire, not hell. And maybe I think some should be burned, but I unlike paul did not make the man literally blind. He didnt love the man, he was angry. As angry as I was when I first came here. But I wasnt angry at any of you, but at those people at the marriage bed. I took that anger out on everyone, I realize now. I am very regretful for that, and if I accused anyone of doing sexual deviance then I apologize.

I started studying other faiths to learn holy practices, and it looks like you have many. But they must lead one to jesus and being like him, and loving him.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some honest thoughts MI6,

I think Judaism, and by default Messianic Judaism to a degree, considers sex a very holy act between a husband and a wife. In fact, it is commanded, even a mitzvot (righteous act) in Judaism! Go forth and multiply!

However, how the two partners pleasure themselves in bed is between themselves and not for other's judgement.

I will say that one could make an argument against sodomy (anal). I think it is a rather weak argument when considering the books of Enoch and Jubilees (and in the case of Messianics, when considering Jude). As tradition holds that it was not homosexual sex that was the sin at Soddom and Gommorah, but rather sexual desire for the angelic beings. This is not to say homosexual sex is permitted, but rather a weak case is presented when considering Sodomy (anal) as a sin.

Interestingly, the Bible does not condemn Lesbian acts. The Torah very explicitly forbids a man from lying with another man (sodomy), but absolutely nothing is mentioned regarding female on female relations. Judaism's writings are also somewhat absent from this discussion as well. Not that this thread is the place for such a discussion, but it was worth mentioning.

But as far as methods of pleasuring one's partner, there are no laws that condemn. So long as both parties are happy and satisfied I see no need to declare any particular intimate act as "Satanic" or "unholy". You may personally be offended, and that's fine.... no one demands that you act in any such way with your partner.

But to cast judgement and condemn, well that's becoming the thing which you despise: Religion

Moreover, I find it odd that you want to find another group to poll simply because you didn't like the answers provided here. To me (and everyone else) it doesn't seem as though you were earnestly seeking opinions and discussion. Rather you were seeking to preach, judge, and condemn.

Finally, you must also understand that while some here may defend various intimate acts that does not imply that they themselves practice such sexuality.

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When I said God should burn them, I meant holy fire, not hell.
Leave the judgement to G-d as to who He will burn and not burn. Maybe you meant hell, maybe you meant some other type of "holy fire". It doesn't matter really, it is G-d's place to cast judgment not yours.

Upvote 0