Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For me only one thing is important, that is love. I have to grow into this myself, I still have a lot of carnal errors that make me do bad things. I am a sinner. And I have been a big sinner. I am sure that many of you have not done so much sin than I have done. Many will therefore not find me pure enough, but all those who think so do not understand. It is not we who are or can become pure, it is the Holy Spirit in us who is pure and who allows us to grow to Holiness. So let no one be deceived and think that he himself does not sin much, or worse, without sin, for those who think like that place too much honor with themselves, while they are guided by their flesh.

We cannot but sin, if we do good, it does not come from us but from God. Then that's because of the Holy Spirit. We cannot be pure, we can only follow the Holy Spirit and exhibit His purity. We can never be perfect because we are in the flesh. And the flesh has been poisoned by sin. All we can do is to be a soldier on the battlefield that rages in our heads until our death. The battle between good and evil. The battle between Spirit and flesh. As long as we are in the flesh, we will live in the flesh. And as long as we live in the flesh, all the good that we do can come only from the Spirit. So never be disappointed by others who are hypocritical.

For there is no 1 Holy by the things that he does, but by how close he is to God. Not by what he himself does, but by what God does through him. Holiness is misunderstood in many things. One thinks that one can no longer sin and that all sin that one does results in not being Holy. But then no one really is Holy. Yet Paul speaks in his letters about Saints. Does this mean that they are without error? Then Paul was not Holy, either, because he says he has not yet reached the goal and is not perfect. We are Holy by what God does through us. In fact, it is not actually us who are Holy, but are made Holy by God through Christ and the Holy Spirit. It always comes down to the same, to whom do you give the honor? To yourself, while you live in the flesh just like everyone else? Or to God who gives life through the Holy Spirit and gives Holiness to the one he knows to honor Him?

We can all be Holy. I call on everyone to grow to Holiness. Because Holiness brings us closer to God. Because Holiness is being close to God. How do we do that? In my opinion, that is very simple. Allow God to live in you in all that you do. Talk to Him, bring Him forth in everything you do. Create a bond with Him, allow Him to lead you. Then you will be considered Holy. For then you will let God's Spirit work within you. And the Holy Spirit produces the Holiness. How can you be Holy? By being guided by the Holy Spirit. In fact, how can you be Holy? By simply having the Holy Spirit. Because if you have Him, you are close to God. We ourselves do not become Holy ourselves, but the Holiness of the Holy Spirit becomes part of us. Just as the sinful flesh is a part of us, the Holiness of the Spirit will come to us.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For me only one thing is important, that is love. I have to grow into this myself, I still have a lot of carnal errors that make me do bad things. I am a sinner. And I have been a big sinner. I am sure that many of you have not done so much sin than I have done. Many will therefore not find me pure enough, but all those who think so do not understand. It is not we who are or can become pure, it is the Holy Spirit in us who is pure and who allows us to grow to Holiness. So let no one be deceived and think that he himself does not sin much, or worse, without sin, for those who think like that place too much honor with themselves, while they are guided by their flesh.

We cannot but sin, if we do good, it does not come from us but from God. Then that's because of the Holy Spirit. We cannot be pure, we can only follow the Holy Spirit and exhibit His purity. We can never be perfect because we are in the flesh. And the flesh has been poisoned by sin. All we can do is to be a soldier on the battlefield that rages in our heads until our death. The battle between good and evil. The battle between Spirit and flesh. As long as we are in the flesh, we will live in the flesh. And as long as we live in the flesh, all the good that we do can come only from the Spirit. So never be disappointed by others who are hypocritical.

For there is no 1 Holy by the things that he does, but by how close he is to God. Not by what he himself does, but by what God does through him. Holiness is misunderstood in many things. One thinks that one can no longer sin and that all sin that one does results in not being Holy. But then no one really is Holy. Yet Paul speaks in his letters about Saints. Does this mean that they are without error? Then Paul was not Holy, either, because he says he has not yet reached the goal and is not perfect. We are Holy by what God does through us. In fact, it is not actually us who are Holy, but are made Holy by God through Christ and the Holy Spirit. It always comes down to the same, to whom do you give the honor? To yourself, while you live in the flesh just like everyone else? Or to God who gives life through the Holy Spirit and gives Holiness to the one he knows to honor Him?

We can all be Holy. I call on everyone to grow to Holiness. Because Holiness brings us closer to God. Because Holiness is being close to God. How do we do that? In my opinion, that is very simple. Allow God to live in you in all that you do. Talk to Him, bring Him forth in everything you do. Create a bond with Him, allow Him to lead you. Then you will be considered Holy. For then you will let God's Spirit work within you. And the Holy Spirit produces the Holiness. How can you be Holy? By being guided by the Holy Spirit. In fact, how can you be Holy? By simply having the Holy Spirit. Because if you have Him, you are close to God. We ourselves do not become Holy ourselves, but the Holiness of the Holy Spirit becomes part of us. Just as the sinful flesh is a part of us, the Holiness of the Spirit will come to us.
Yeah, by faith and hunger for God, we receive the grace of God, his presence, and by our choice to trust and surrender to him, even with hands raised, the government is then upon his shoulders, as we die to self, and then comes Galatians 5:22. Gentleness, faith and patience, kindness... Jesus' blood also can be sprinkled on us and is actual and local, and when accepted by faith and trust, and some reverence, even love, makes a foul heart clean, snow white as in Psalm 51. Also God's fire refines us.

In cleanness and the fruit of the Spirit and in Christ's blood is change, and over time the change becomes normal and it is holiness. Sinlessness and Christ-likeness. I have to brush up on the difference between justification and sanctification. And it is a good thing when we keep faith and see the light of our need to change from carnal to spiritual and hunger for the Holy Spirit and Jesus' blood, seek and receive. Only Christ offers forgiveness and a clear conscience again. How good it is!

Reactions: JimBeta
Upvote 0