Hold the Date! Trump announces July 4th Huge Celebration!

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The President... your favorite President... has announced plans for a really great...you’ll love it... celebration of America’s greatness on July 4th. It will be in the nation’s capital and will become a new tradition!

Just 3 weeks away!

Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbia’s representative in Congress, said interdepartmental planning meetings for July 4 usually begin up to three months in advance. But to her knowledge, none of those meetings has happened.

“The city is scrambling to figure out what to do, because all they have is the outline of what (the White House) wants,” Norton said. She said she approached the Park Service for details but: “They wouldn’t tell us a thing. You know why? Because they don’t know a thing.”

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Just 3 weeks away!

Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbia’s representative in Congress, said interdepartmental planning meetings for July 4 usually begin up to three months in advance. But to her knowledge, none of those meetings has happened.

“The city is scrambling to figure out what to do, because all they have is the outline of what (the White House) wants,” Norton said. She said she approached the Park Service for details but: “They wouldn’t tell us a thing. You know why? Because they don’t know a thing.”
Maybe London will loan us their baby donnie balloons for the celebration.....

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe London will loan us their baby donnie balloons for the celebration.....
We could get our own but orders are backlogged out of China :ueee:

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just 3 weeks away!

Oh man, part of me wishes I was going to be in town to witness this.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Oh man, part of me wishes I was going to be in town to witness this.

I dunno. If the pyrotechnics people and the security people only have a short time to prepare for a venue they've never used before... I mean, they're professionals, but when your client is one of Trump's finest... things gang aft agley.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's something really wrong with making July 4th a partisan celebration. It should belong to all of us.

I know how this is going to turn out, because it's the exact sort of cynical play I would expect from bad-faith actors like this: July 4th is turned into a partisan celebration from Donny. Liberals naturally refuse to participate because they don't like Donny and disagree with most or all of his "policies". Republicans can then turn around and claim that liberals are "just not that patriotic".

One wearies of everything becoming a hyperpartisan game.
Ringo

Agree with on that fully. Since Donald has decided to do that anyhow some other folks are now wanting to exercise American rights such as free speech. They're wanting to fly the Donald baby blimp during his speech, lol.

In the UK one of his supporters tried to vandalize it, stabbed herself in the process. An unintentional metaphor.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Traditionally, major gatherings on the Mall, including inauguration festivities and a jubilee commemorating the start of a new millennium, have featured a designated event producer. But in this case, the producer is the president himself.

Trump has also spurred the use of military aircraft for a flyover, including one of the jetliners used as Air Force One. In addition, the Navy’s Blue Angels were supposed to have a break between a performance in Davenport, Iowa on June 30 and one in Kansas City, Mo. on July 6, but will now be flying in D.C. on the 4th.

Asked about the discussions about using armored vehicles and the projected overall costs of the event, Interior officials also declined to publicly comment.

Anti-Trump protesters, including the group Code Pink, are negotiating with Park Service officials over whether a massive “Trump Baby” balloon they want to fly will comply with flight restrictions that will be in place over the Mall during the Fourth.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I have something else planned for that day. But I hope everybody there has a good time.
I am also unavailable as there is some organic grass fed meat to be burned at my house that day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope you have secured the proper mechanisms for the disposal of that burned meat.
Yes, several mechanisms have accepted invitations to assist in said disposal.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our town band is doing the 1812 Overture. It's the only piece they know which has a part for the instrument I play--the 12-pounder gun.
It’s nice to know you are a responsible gun owner.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going (maybe? Solid plans haven't been made yet) with friends up to an apple orchard on a mountain to drink, eat, and watch fireworks from afar. I have no time for childish narcissistic displays, but I'm still extremely upset that the Fourth - a holiday that should belong to all of us - has been co-opted.

The military should learn a neat two letter word that could save them from this: No.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Donny's mentor would be pleased that I am celebrating the defeat of Napoleon by the Russian army. tataTAtatataTAtata BANG!
The Russian Army is undefeated at home in the past century.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our town band is doing the 1812 Overture. It's the only piece they know which has a part for the instrument I play--the 12-pounder gun.

....12-pounder gun....such as this?

450px-Gettysburg_PA_bronze_12-pdr_howitzer_CSA.jpg

Upvote 0