Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys, just wondering if the Kitchen Sink was the place to post history discussion threads? I’m just studying Himmler and his complex attitudes towards Christianity and thought CF would be a great place to maybe get some other history buffs opinions, but I’m not sure which the appropriate sub forum would be? Any advice?

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi guys, just wondering if the Kitchen Sink was the place to post history discussion threads? I’m just studying Himmler and his complex attitudes towards Christianity and thought CF would be a great place to maybe get some other history buffs opinions, but I’m not sure which the appropriate sub forum would be? Any advice?
Hi Kentonio

The History & Genealogy Forum might be a better place.

History & Genealogy

OB

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ah perfect thank you! Don’t know how I missed that one..

I don’t know how you could have missed it either, that place is just as active as the Single Titanic survivors dating site.

• Haha
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know how you could have missed it either, that place is just as active as the Single Titanic survivors dating site.

That must be why my super awesome exciting thread about the convoluted political and religious affairs of a bygone era didn’t get any replies. And there was me expecting it to be a smash hit..

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That must be why my super awesome exciting thread about the convoluted political and religious affairs of a bygone era didn’t get any replies. And there was me expecting it to be a smash hit..

I’m a history buff and know a little about Germany during that time period. Not too familiar with Heinrich though.

Other than the basics…

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I’m a history buff and know a little about Germany during that time period. Not too familiar with Heinrich though.

Other than the basics…

I’ve spent far more time than is healthy on that period and on the nazi buildup but to be honest he was pretty much an enigma to me too until I started reading this biography of his. His early life is pretty fascinating, seems like a pretty classic precocious highly intelligent under-achiever who got caught up in a situation that allowed him to actually act on his rapidly evolving intellectual beliefs and it quickly spiraled out of control.

There’s a quote about one of the kids who went to school with him and knew him as a fairly awkward kid without a lot of friends but kind of ok being totally freaked when after the war he was told the SS-Reichsfuhrer had been THAT Heinrich Himmler. Apparently he absolutely refused to believe it at first.

Upvote 0