Visit site
✟293,155.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The label of this thread is "Historicist Only". When did you convert?
Sorry.
My aim and object is to promote Bible truths. Also Historical truths of what actually did happen in the past and I have a small library of books like Herodotus, Tacitus, Gibbon, and several histories of Israel, etc.
So the as yet, non fulfilment of the prophesies about the end times, is quite evident to me and preterist arguments just fall flat for lack of evidence.

Upvote 0

Meester-Chung

Historicist
Oct 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
✟18,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Q. What is the so-called "war on terror"? Q. Why are ISIS and Russia both jointly seen as a threat to world peace? Why is the Papacy overlooked as a global player? Q. Is the New World Order just military or is it also ideological? Q. Is creation just faith, or is their any evidence to support it? Q. Is Darwinian evolution scientific?

Upvote 0

HardHead

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2019
GTA
✟84,378.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That chapter is all about the United States of America, who else?
I'm not a preterist or a historicist (i.e. I just learned about this view) but I am interested in the topic in general because it seems interesting. If possible, can you explain a bit why this seems to refer to the USA? I'm not writing in disagreement with the quote. I hope that I'm not adding noise to your thread. I'm only looking for information. :)

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,155.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If possible, can you explain a bit why this seems to refer to the USA? I'm not writing in disagreement with the quote. I hope that I'm not adding noise to your thread. I'm only looking for information. :)
Isaiah 18:1-7 can only refer to the United States of America, no other people group fit this prophecy.
Note; that the 'river of Cush' is actually the Atlantic Ocean. Ancient maps call it the Aethiopian sea.
Please look at my logostelos website for further info.

• Informative
Reactions: HardHead
Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
Jasper
✟8,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want the truth plainly the first End Time kingdom is Babylon, the second Mede-Persians, the third Grecian kingdoms (Alexander and the kingdoms of the 4 generals), and the fourth the Roman kingdoms (Including Rome and the 10 nations which arose out of western Rome's collapse in 476 AD). The fourth kingdom is like the third in that it encompasses more than one political nation and just because Rome isn't a political kingdom today doesn't mean that the fourth beast is totally fulfilled. The beast out of the sea reigned from Pope Pelagius I inauguration on April 16th, 556 AD to March 7th, 1798 AD when the Pope had just been taken out of political power. Currently we are living in the season and a time the others were allowed to live. Follow the history maps and the Daniel/Revelation timelines and you will see them play out across history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,155.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What historicists espoused that?
Do you need to be a 'historicist' to understand plain Bible teaching?
If you think Isaiah 18 refers to another people group than the USA, please make your case. Perhaps start another thread.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you need to be a 'historicist' to understand plain Bible teaching?
If you think Isaiah 18 refers to another people group than the USA, please make your case. Perhaps start another thread.

This thread is identified as Historicist Only. No historicist has ever concurred with your claim.

Please make your case in another thread.

Or have you converted from futurism to historicism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.