Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a claim!

Now prove it.

Sure, what kind of DSS clearance are you currently holding?

I imagine only you believe that.
I have talked to Secundulus about Nam. I might have been under the wrong impression that he had been there.

His experiences (which it turns out you were completely ignorant of) are completely and totally irrelevant to this discussion.
I wanted to mention the most impressive tour I thought he served. I know of others. Actually, I related his language to the discussion where he was accused of Nazi sympathy. How come you didn't object that?

What you were trying to do is called "browbeating".
Hardly. Secundulus proudly served his country overseas. He is not a wannabe teenager spouting irrelevant politics here.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure, what kind of DSS clearance are you currently holding?

And now we get to the moving of the goalposts.... sorry fella but one doesn't need a dss clearance to know anything about areas of operation.

Here is what you said...

Originally Posted by Bushmaster78FS
and I know the qualifications and job description of Secundulus has definitely put him in areas of operation you have never heard of Morcova.
Now kindly back up your comment that he's operated in areas I've never heard of.
Hardly. Secundulus proudly served his country overseas. He is not a wannabe teenager spouting irrelevant politics here.
And? What does his service have to do with his opinions?

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And yet you find nothing wrong with blaming certain acts of violence upon muslims or hindus....

Double standard much?
I have no problem blaming it on them when they are doing it in the name of God. In the case of the Hindus, a strong case can be made that they are acting contrary to their religion. The same cannot be said of a Muslim who kills in the name of Allah since their book commands them to do it.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I find blaming WWII on Christianity funny.

Apparently British people are Christians when they subjugate other nations to their rule, but non-Christians when they fight Nazis. We can extract a presupposition from this: that Christianity is defined by evil (according to the secular definition of "evil"). What a worthless definition of Christianity, even for the simple purpose of discussion. Such redefinition of words causes people such as ourselves to have a different vocabulary than the non-Christians on this forum, and makes any meaningful discussion impossible.

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I didn't suggest that either, but you seem to have lost the connection. Without America you are nothing, without Israel, America would lose its ground against radical Islam in Middle East.

Israel does not need America to survive as we are quite capable of defending ourselves without American money and weapons.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Israel does not need America to survive as we are quite capable of defending ourselves without American money and weapons.
The Israeli Military people I have met with seemed quite happy to be working with us. Maybe when you become one of them you might ask them why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bold statement considering the inventory of IDF.

NetzahYehudafield.jpg

f-16I_i1.jpg

From M-16 to F-16, IDF heavily relies on US weaponry. We have never stopped supporting you and there is no need to be ungrateful and arrogant at this point if you consider us friends.

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Bold statement considering the inventory of IDF.

NetzahYehudafield.jpg

f-16I_i1.jpg

From M-16 to F-16, IDF heavily relies on US weaponry. We have never stopped supporting you and there is no need to be ungrateful and arrogant at this point if you consider us friends.

The majority of weapons Israel produces itself as it is only the IAF that uses American aircraft. One of the most widely used and most reliable guns on earth is the UZI which is produced in Israel.

It is not a question of being arrogant but rather pragmatic in that Israel fights for itself by itself and with itself and in this we cannot rely on anyone including America if something truly goes wrong because unlike most countries on earth we fight using our own blood.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The majority of weapons Israel produces itself as it is only the IAF that uses American aircraft. One of the most widely used and most reliable guns on earth is the UZI which is produced in Israel.

It is not a question of being arrogant but rather pragmatic in that Israel fights for itself by itself and with itself and in this we cannot rely on anyone including America if something truly goes wrong because unlike most countries on earth we fight using our own blood.

And this has what to do with why Hindus should be allowed to forcibly convert Christians to their idolatry?

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With apologies to arunma, I think this is the left over argument that started between Tanakh and Secundulus...

IAF is the most important branch of IDF in the defense of Israel, and proved so in operations against the arab states in the past. You know you won't win that possible "battle" against the enemies of Israel with UZIs.

Second Lebanon War in 2006 proved that, you had our full support against the Hezbollah terrorists. I am just not sure if you are realizing the importance of US support in your cause.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
IAF is the most important branch of IDF in the defense of Israel, and proved so in operations against the arab states in the past. You know you won't win that possible "battle" against the enemies of Israel with UZIs.
Israel's first war was fought with nothing but small arms and homemade artillery and explosives and in 1956 Israel's air force was small compared to the rest of the Arab world so we still had to fight with a limited amount of weapons. It was not until 67/73 that Israel was finally able to get modern weapons and not just because of the United States although they were a big help but lets not forget that the United States was supplying our enemies with weapons as well.

Second Lebanon War in 2006 proved that, you had our full support against the Hezbollah terrorists. I am just not sure if you are realizing the importance of US support in your cause.
The United States did not allow Israel to fight the war the way it should have been and if Israel had truly fought a war then I am sure the world would have complained that we Jews were being to intolerant of the Arabs so it is a no win situation politically for Israel.

At any rate this is getting off topic.

Upvote 0

baobobtree

Aum Namah Shivaya
Dec 18, 2006
The Material World.
✟8,359.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
I do not know where the teaching is found in your Hindu scriptures, if it exists at all. What I describe comes from my personal experience with virtually every Hindu I have met with whom the topic arises. I have been repeatedly told that one cannot simply leave Hinduism, lest their karma suffer severely. Or as a certain cousin of mine once told me so eloquently, "you can be a Hindu or an atheist, but you can't be a Christian!" I've been told this from enough Hindus that I know it is likely not a fringe doctrine. And this doesn't offend me at all, seeing as how I don't believe in karma. Strangely, I've found that most Hindus don't really care what I believe; they would merely have me practice temple rituals, eat and drink the prasadam along with everyone else, and stay away from churches. The problem is when Hindus alter the doctrine slightly, and teach that apostate Hindus ought to be brought back into the fold by force (in much the same way that some professing Christians in history have stated that because non-Christians are going to hell, they ought to be killed). Fortunately none of the Hindus I've ever met sought to kill me, but apparently some people in Orissa have made the aforementioned doctrinal alteration.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been treated this way (though like you've mentioned it's certainly a million times less hard then what Christians in Orissa have faced) before, and that the timeless tradition of Sanatana Dharma, is being reduced to mere ritualism.

Upvote 0

srev2004

Senior Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Berkeley, CA
✟11,398.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9W3wMSZAdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXHW5ncmg5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OwEcW-1ZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEdq_BOpBIw

There are two sides to every coin....

Christian terrorists shot dead by Indian army:

610x.jpg

terror_nlft_arms.jpg

The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) was formed in December 1989 for the purpose of seceding from India in order to create an independent Christian fundamentalist state of Tripura. The group was banned under the Unlawful Activies Prevention Act of 1967.
The headquarters of NLFT is located in the Khagrachari district of Bangladesh, about 40-45 km southeast of Simanapur.
In Tripura a systematic surrender of arms by a faction of NLFT insurgents and NLFT fringe groups is due to the increased security pressure and to infighting within NLFT insurgent ranks. Since 2000 a few hundred militants have surrendered in small groups to the security forces, handing in their weapons. The NLFT leadership engaged in peace talks with Mizoram Chief Zoramthanga in April 2001, however the NLFT has not promised acceptance of any future peace process.
The NLFT has set up a number of camps in Bangladesh's Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), in the Sylhet, Maulavi Bazar, Habiganj and Comilla regions. NLFT also has ties with Pakistan’s external intelligence agency, the Inter Services Intelligence Agency (ISI).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/nlft.htm

Militancy and Violence

An estimated 11,000 people have been killed on both sides of the conflict. In addition, the terror has left over 40,000 as refugees.

History, Funding and Church Support

The Government of the state of Tripura has uncovered evidence to support the assertion that the Baptist Church of Tripura has been funding the terrorists. According to reports, the Church has been forcing local tribals to convert to Christianity [2].
The Baptist Church of Tripura was initially set up by missionaries from New Zealand in the 1940s. Despite their efforts, even until the 1980s, only a few thousand people in Tripura had converted to Christianity. In the aftermath of one of the worst ethnic riots, the NLFT was born in 1989—allegedly with the help of the Baptist Church. Since then, the NLFT has been advancing its cause through armed rebellion.

inappropriate contentography

Recent investigations, as well as confessions from surrendered members, have revealed that the NLFT have been making and selling inappropriate contentography to finance their activities. This includes DVDs of inappropriate contentographic films made by the group with tribal men and women kidnapped and forced to participate in sex acts while being filmed. The movies are dubbed into various languages and sold illegally throughout the region for a profit. The women have also been sexually abused by NLFT members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
No doubt we will now hear how those aren't real christians.

No doubt we will now notice how non-Christians will overlook how heavily edited and/or totally biased those videos are. :)

I'm not denying that Christians have committed atrocities in the past, but really, these videos are certainly no better than the article presented in the original thread about this topic that people had such a big problem with (because it came from a Catholic source...)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.