Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Christianity, by definition of its theology, is an oxymoron when identified with terrorism, but I am sure Secundulus would answer to the latest exploits of the KKK.
That may very well be - but likewise, Hinduism in general hardly advocates the kind of crime that was mentioned in the OP. If you blame Hindus in general for the acts of a minority acting under the deluded impression that they are advancing the cause of Hinduism in such a fashion, then you also ought to blame Christians in general for the acts of the KKK, Fred Phelps, and whatever crime past or present that was carried out in the name of Christianity.

As neither you nor the OP seem to do that, it's a blatant double standard.

It brings up the reality that mankind is capable of atrocities under any identity.
Come now. The OP is a blatant smear that seeks to blame the acts of criminal individuals on Hinduism in general. It couldn't possibly be more obvious than it is.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not frustrated as many of the readers here will agree with me. If I was frustrated you could tell the lack of irrationality.

I fail to acknowledge the "rational" thought behind spamming the thread with YouTube.

It is you who is frustrated with my posts which constantly question your perception of the world.
Actually I am having quite fun. Though I will not agree that you are questioning my perception of the world affairs, you are saying exactly opposite of what I say in an effort to stick up in an internet forum...

You are not exposed to different perspective and sadly like a typical American who thinks the world revolves around them.
I was not even born and raised in the US, I know the sentiments of both sides. Don't apply your perceived generalizations to everyone. You apparently have a stereotype against that "typical" American, whatever you define him to be in your liberal environment.

This is one of the reason's I chose Berkeley, because it is one of the only bearable cities which has an international perspective and has partnerships with the top schools in India (The IIT's).
I am not one bit surprised. "Bearable"? Why? The Indian schools were unbearable? Or because other cities, campuses would consider you a "7-Eleven" employee? Thankfully, US is still providing world class higher education and leading the way. So when you are done, go home, where your AMERICAN education will count for something...

Christians have been treated well for the past 2000 thousand years. It is the Hindu's who are fed up with the minorities abusing their special privileges and protections which aren't available to Hindu's. Ex. free pilgrimages to Mecca for Muslims and Vatican for Christians.
First off, Vatican is not a Mecca for Christians, it only applies to Roman Catholics and even for them, the location doesn't hold a theological value that pilgrimage to it would earn them any rewards unlike the muslim position over Mecca, learn the difference. Also, are you suggesting that minorities are supposed to have these "special" privileges to keep their religious identity? Can India not provide unconditional religious rights and protections to every citizen, regardless of majority/minority status?

Atleast respect the country you reside in. Don't spit on the hospitality you are given and the customs that are considered sacred in the country. We Hindu's don't go around burning bibles in America do we or trying to convert your fellow Christians?
That departs from your original argument, you said "foreign interests are anti-nationalists" That has nothing to do with respecting your hospitality. They are there to conduct business. Foreign interests don't do business with bible or target major proselytism. You demand respect from these irrelevant interests who has no care for it. You don't seem to be respecting the country you reside in, so what gives?

It is the one solution which made India a nuclear power and made outsiders consider India a serious contender on the world stage. Today India is a legal nuclear power ratified by the NSG without even having signed the NPT. It is the one exception due to it's transparency and influence over the world.
Irrelevant! I was not interested in what nuclear capability India is playing with.

You are such a hypocrit. You expect one thing for yourself and consider an other person's love empty "nationalism"... Listen to yourself it makes me sick.
It is "hypocrite" Didn't you take the TOEFL test? Read my post again, I never said "you have empty nationalism" I act on my values of nationalism, I don't spam internet threads.

But they are watched and I get thanked for them.
Good for you, I don't think the same.

Haha, India is a second class country. Dude America can't even do it's own taxes or have Y2k compliant computers without India. America wouldn't be able to have synthatetic stem cell research without India. America wouldn't have piggy bagged probes sent to the moon for free without India. You have no Idea how much the world depends on India.
I actually said less than second class. Though it is, and your argument and mindset clearly proves it to me, you attack in return, at that rate, you will stay where you are now. 250+ years behind United States. I am entertaining the argument that all the technology you have listed might have a dedicated Indian national or Indian descent American on it, is that what you are proud of? Because if that was not for them, it would have been for someone else. So what about Y2K? India's clearly not Y2K compliant. So "piggy back anodes" are manufactured by an Indian company, what is the big deal, it is them or some other contractor... US gave them the radar for moon mapping in their lunar mission, I mean so what? Get out of the self-centered attitude, I love Indian people, don't ruin it for me. You are right I have no idea how we depend on India, you are just making it better for me.

India is paving the way and leading all nations which are developing to better living. South Korea to be honest is a minor player compared to India. You are biased against India, but it will come back to bite you in the butt.

No I am not biased against India, I am biased against your nonsensical attitude. South Korea is a huge contributor to the US cause, we certainly consider that.

All the global players recognize India, only stubborn people with negative mindsets usually don't acknowledge India because of their superiority complex.

Your ad hominem is duly noted. I will discuss that superiority complex next time I see one of your global citizens here.

India has a global Military don't you worry. It even has foreign military bases in Nepal, Mangolia, and Afghanistan. It is the second biggest supplier of UN troops and recently liberated Congo from rebel generals.

I didn't mean that one is a global power having bases around its own region. What is your global reach, strike and sustain capability? It is developing that, asserting itself as global but that doesn't mean it is. Because it is not yet proven. Though US supporting India's global reach is critical in return of alliance against our major troubles Pakistan and China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3QjHsf77M
Indians actually are not hated by Pakistani's but by the Pakistani government. We are actually the same people, only difference is religion.

My point was that there is hatred against people who gave the world the idea of Gandhian nonviolence.

This thread is anti India and anti Hindu. When you demonize 80% of the population you are obviously anti India. It's simple logic.

Your perception is that it is anti-India. There are many threads that are anti-islam but that doesn't mean they are anti-jordanian, anti-saudi whatnot.

Yeah because India is considered a global power. You are contradicting yourself here. You said India is considered lower than a second class power, lower than South Korea which have no independent foreign policy and are puppet states of the USA. Nice logic here...

I have been to these countries I talk about, Berkeley is not the only foreign soil I stepped onto, Korea is very much independent, maintains diplomatic relations with approximately 170 countries, developing its own technologies, civilian and military, but it is still at state of war. India is asserting itself as global power, it is not there yet. There is no contradiction here. Stop the wishful thinking. I am not saying it won't happen, I am saying it is not yet.

Arrogance is the down fall of any empire. America is no exception... don't you learn from History... (India, Greeks, China, Romans, British, America)

Alright, how about you let me know when that American Empire falls down... Like whatever Greek empire you refer to, although what era, classical Greece, Hellenistic civilization, middle ages? Oh wait, you said America, we must have already fallen down.

Because ignorance is bliss.

Yes yours is.

Um most Economics professors @ UC berkeley give lectures about the problems in the American Economy. I go to debates on how to better the US economy.

That is commendable, which side are you on in those debates?

I think I understand the problems facing the USA inside and out.

Not without its history.

Using the federal reserve to generate money out of thin air will make foreigners lose faith in the credit of our currency. Many people are switching to the Euro's or other currencies.

Are you arguing against actions already taking place or a possible outcome?

To believe otherwise is pure empty "Nationalism" as you would put it. Put your facts where your mouth is.

Irrelevant.

Lehman, Washington Mutual, Morgan Stanley, AIG...

*sarcasm* Oh I thought you were going to list the majors BoA, WF, USAA, JP, Citi, anyway...

We ARE ALREADY IN A MAJOR RECESSION. Wake UP and look @ Reality. Why do you think I'm staying in the Academic cacoon and not joining the professional field?

I don't know what a cacoon is, and I don't honestly care where you stay. I don't look at that reality of yours with bias, recent numbers were just released. They were not as bad as you might want to project. If you call this major, I don't know what you called the past Economy went down somewhat, but nothing like a major recession or a depression. Not only in the US either, it is global.

This probe is going to look for Helium 3 and Water. Helium is the most efficient Nuclear power source, and India is going to mine it by 2020.

Thanks to the US sensor/radar that will look for that water.

The gap is coming: from 2010, when the National Aeronautics and Space Administration shuts down the space shuttle program, to 2015, when the next generation of American spacecraft is scheduled to arrive, NASA expects to have no human flight capacity and will depend on Russia to get to the $100 billion station, buying seats on Soyuz craft as space tourists do.

And? It seems like a good business agreement to me... What space shuttle are you sending up anytime soon? What is your argument here? We are working on a new space aircraft and we are not extending the shuttle's retirement until then, so?

Maybe you should read more news.

I am reading news, because we make those news.

Yes that's why the earliest American can launch again is in 2025.

Seems like you missed the point, your keyword there is "AGAIN", unlike your first time. Keep that urinating contest going...

America is considered a superpower...

It is certainly one, it doesn't have to assert that it is.

But it doesn't have the power to invade any country it wishes.

Which history proves otherwise.

It can barely hold on to Iraq...

MNC-I that has just turned another province's security over to Iraqis holding Iraq well beyond that "barely" ... I have been to Iraq, and I know the situation on the ground, have you?

No wonder American soldiers come to train in India.

What, with Ghurkhas? Much of what has been accomplished from the US side has been a result of the US military's carrying out the spirit of President Bush's desires for creating a fundamental shift in US-India relations articulated shortly after he took office. On the Indian side, there has been a tremendous effort to look to expand areas of mutual benefit, to look for partnerships not your type of antagonisms, and to look for regional collaboration. India's service chiefs have translated this positive direction into a coordinated program of military engagement priorities with the US. In sum, military cooperation across the board has seen dramatic improvements in the number and quality of training exercises, seminars, personnel exchanges, senior visits, functional visits, unit/ship visits, subject matter expert exchanges, organizational/agency relationships, technology cooperation, and defense sales. Military cooperation is an objective based program. It is designed to promote mutual understanding, familiarization, and confidence building through exercises, exchange of doctrine, high-level visits, courses, seminars, and focus on areas of mutual interest. On all of these counts, India and the US have succeeded remarkably thus far.

Brahmos II > American Carriers.

Oh yea, a Russian joint venture, which is in theory somewhat superior.
Stealth can be detected with the current generation radars.

Of which you have?

American stealth technology only works against countries like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Who didn't have any radar defense network, are you arguing something?

Don't get too carried away with your stealth.

No, we just use it.
Even tiny Britain can detect and shoot down American stealth planes.

Can or did? Ouch tiny Britain though... Hatred to the history is so obvious...

There is a difference between blind nationalism and rationality.

You have so demonstrated the former and lack the former.

Spending more money to make something that can be shot down by a SAM seems like a waste of money.

Anything can be shot down by a SAM, the argument of spending money is to make it less detectable, maneuverable and applying effective countermeasures on point.

Sure why maintain air superiority fighters anyway... Only one who doesn't have effective SEAD capability can spout such nonsense.

No it's not, but it is hilarious that you think so. We don't all live in LA LA land like you do I suppose.

You suppose, that is the keyword, look it up sometime.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sort of gunslinging machismo-bravado will be the ruin of America and the downfall of the ideals it stands for. But that's off-topic.

Will? That is future tense right? Is it a wish, is it a certain outcome, what is it? It is off topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please explain to me the basics of Spectroscopy and noise filtering in signals used for Basic Stealth technology? Please explain to me how audio and image signals work? Haha, don't even go there buddy. I've worked on the Avionics and MMR radar for the LCA when I was a freshman Undergrad. I have an idea of how most jets work inside and out.

Yea? You took em up there and engaged the systems you are talking about? Such a little arrogant character. Don't argue theory with me, please. Argue the application.

Ever heard of multi threaded redundant wireless networks? I can build a radar system from your everyday LinkSys routers using microwave antennas and give it GPS uplink.

More power to you, did DoD call you to sponsor it? Your bragging doesn't interest me.

I'm currently working on automating the BART system in San Francisco using Sonar, and InFra radar using LinkSys routers as nodes to upload and download information from. This system will make sure no other trains crash in Bart again. It also allows for cell phone coverage in the Trans Bay tube by routing the traffic through microwaves to the cell phone towers.

And that is somewhat related to detecting next generation US stealth fighters.

Anyways, don't assume what I do and don't know about my field of study. I study this stuff with a passion.

Tell me about your passion when it is field tested and proven.

Ever heard of the LBL (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) or the (Lawrence Livermore National Labratory)? I'm a consultant for the Berkeley lab and I teach the scientists in the Livermore lab about what we're building in Berkeley. Guess where all the "SUPER HIGH TECH STUFF" that you seem to put on a heavenly pedestal comes from? You guessed it Livermore and Berkeley. We are at the forefront of Digital Signal Processing.

I can tell how old you are, if you have smoked or not and even what ethnicity you are by your audio signal. Post processing technology is quite advanced @ UC Berkeley. They don't get millions for research for nothing. They did invent, lets see... Berkeleyium, Californium, and Lawrencium. Guess where Plutonium was manufactured? Yes it was first discovered by Professors and students at my school. THANKS, but don't assume that since you know a thing or two about flying planes, that you know the inner workings better than someone who designs the technology in them.

You have presented a red herring by displaying your credentials, your original argument involved the unnecessity of stealth technology due to detectability, you have not shown that yet.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian? Is that what you are saying? Or are you saying that Christians don't act like Christians?

If you have no clue of what I am saying then why are you jumping on the argument? Read it again.

No it doesn't. It says "mankind is capable of atrocities if you are non-Christian". A fair analysis of both sides would show that any identity is capable of atrocities.

Hello, what did I say?

That's what hypocricy means. One sided bias, frustration, double standards, whatever you want to call it.

No, frustration is an emotional response to circumstances where one is obstructed from arriving at a goal, note the "emotional" hypocrisy is a deliberate act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself.

Your longwinded mud slinging contests with others doesn't really help you.

Then step aside whenever you feel like it.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may very well be - but likewise, Hinduism in general hardly advocates the kind of crime that was mentioned in the OP. If you blame Hindus in general for the acts of a minority acting under the deluded impression that they are advancing the cause of Hinduism in such a fashion, then you also ought to blame Christians in general for the acts of the KKK, Fred Phelps, and whatever crime past or present that was carried out in the name of Christianity.

Correct.

As neither you nor the OP seem to do that, it's a blatant double standard.

I am not exactly knowledgeable of Hinduism, for example arunma is, though I am not carrying out an anti-Hindu agenda.

Come now. The OP is a blatant smear that seeks to blame the acts of criminal individuals on Hinduism in general. It couldn't possibly be more obvious than it is.

Certainly it is an isolated event. Arunma would best answer if there are theological oppression towards Christianity in Hinduism ... Unfortunately, as religion has always been mixed with politics and greed, you won't satisfy anyone.

Upvote 0
R

RobinRedbreast

Mod Hat On

This thread was closed in error, there was a small mix-up :sorry:

Carry on for now :angel:

Just on a side note while I have your attention ;) Completely unrelated to anything :D Always remember the CF rules when posting or responding to anything ... Many threads in this area can quickly become heated back-and-forth borderline-flaming situations. It can be a thin line sometimes, just be cautious :)

*ducks and runs*

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

srev2004

Senior Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Berkeley, CA
✟11,398.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
NEW DELHI (AP) - Police in southern India have arrested a senior leader of a right-wing Hindu group in connection with attacks on Christian churches and prayer halls last weekend, an official said Saturday.

Mahendra Kumar, a state convener of the radical Bajrang Dal group in Karnataka state, was arrested late Friday night, according to A.M. Prasad, a senior local police official.
"He's part of the investigation of the attacks on Christian places of worship," Prasad said.
Right-wing Hindu mobs mainly linked with Bajrang Dal attacked at least 20 churches and prayer halls in the Mangalore, Chikmaglur and Udupi districts of Karnataka state on Sept. 14, alleging that some churches had circulated literature defaming the Hindu religion, Prasad said.
The attackers stoned the buildings, broke windows and furniture and in one place set fire to a car belonging to a pastor, Prasad said. At least 34 people, including five police, were injured in the violence, he said.
Police also have arrested 77 other people, most of them members of Bajrang Dal, in connection with the attacks, Prasad said.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080921/hindu-leader-arrested-in-indian-church-attacks.htm

Upvote 0

indianx

Veteran
May 30, 2005
✟9,418.00
Faith
Hindu
Their actions do not matter. If they wish to propagate literature falsely characterizing our religion, so be it. If their actions violate the law, then allow the judicial system to play its role. If their actions are simply borne out of the mean-spirited and vitriolic nature of their theology, ignore them. We can not resort to violence in response, unless, as an obvious exception, it is in need of self-defense.

Our only response, as Hindus, should be to protest peacefully, if needed, and to otherwise continue focusing our efforts on alleviating some of the socio-economic problems that plague our society. Frankly, if some of these reactionary groups spent as much effort working alongside Hindu organizations like the Chinmaya Mission and Gayatri Pariwar as they do responding to the incendiary whims of Christian fundamentalists, we would be much better off.

Reactions: Ramona
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NEW DELHI (AP) - Police in southern India have arrested a senior leader of a right-wing Hindu group in connection with attacks on Christian churches and prayer halls last weekend, an official said Saturday.

Mahendra Kumar, a state convener of the radical Bajrang Dal group in Karnataka state, was arrested late Friday night, according to A.M. Prasad, a senior local police official.
"He's part of the investigation of the attacks on Christian places of worship," Prasad said.
Right-wing Hindu mobs mainly linked with Bajrang Dal attacked at least 20 churches and prayer halls in the Mangalore, Chikmaglur and Udupi districts of Karnataka state on Sept. 14, alleging that some churches had circulated literature defaming the Hindu religion, Prasad said.
The attackers stoned the buildings, broke windows and furniture and in one place set fire to a car belonging to a pastor, Prasad said. At least 34 people, including five police, were injured in the violence, he said.
Police also have arrested 77 other people, most of them members of Bajrang Dal, in connection with the attacks, Prasad said.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080921/hindu-leader-arrested-in-indian-church-attacks.htm
Great, then lets agree that wherever events like this happen By Christians or Hindus in the name of their faith, that those people are in fact acting contrary to what their faith teaches and should be condemned.

And in response to those who keep saying that my OP was an attempt to paint all Hindus as bad, I will repeat what I already wrote early in this thread that this is not the case. I posted it from a NYT news source because I was under the impression that certain posters were denying that these events were even happening because the original sources, posted by somebody else, were from a Christian - not a secular - news source.

If someone wants to castigate me for condemning an entire religion, then they are offbase doing it on this thread.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Their actions do not matter. If they wish to propagate literature falsely characterizing our religion, so be it. If their actions violate the law, then allow the judicial system to play its role. If their actions are simply borne out of the mean-spirited and vitriolic nature of their theology, ignore them. We can not resort to violence in response, unless, as an obvious exception, it is in need of self-defense.

Our only response, as Hindus, should be to protest peacefully, if needed, and to otherwise continue focusing our efforts on alleviating some of the socio-economic problems that plague our society. Frankly, if some of these reactionary groups spent as much effort working alongside Hindu organizations like the Chinmaya Mission and Gayatri Pariwar as they do responding to the incendiary whims of Christian fundamentalists, we would be much better off.
I agree.........:wave:

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I offered an olive branch here but you seem to want a confrontation. I decline.

soo.... does that mean that you changed your mind?

eh.. no matter to me, of course, i'm just commenting on your comments as it were.. you may or may not mean them one way or the other ^_^

metta,

~v

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
soo.... does that mean that you changed your mind?

eh.. no matter to me, of course, i'm just commenting on your comments as it were.. you may or may not mean them one way or the other ^_^

metta,

~v
ok, that's nice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.