Hillary For President?

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Man are you ever blind.. That comment is a personal insult to all who have died because of sharia laws.. Reading the bible is punishable by execution alone..

Christians are nearly extinct because of them. They are moving out of the middle east(which by the way is originally their land). So not only do christians have persecution from the Jews in Israel, but they have it from the Muslims from the other side..

Seriously, don't bring up something you know absolutly nothing about..
can you actually cite a specific example of a country where reading the Bible is a capital offence?

Upvote 0

LoveAlways

Apr 11, 2007
✟15,794.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hillary wears too many pant suits. That aside, is it fit and proper for a woman who hangs with a known adulterer to even be considered for president?

Bill spent more time philandering than he did governing the nation IMO. So elect Hillary and bring Bubba back and his fornication to the spotlight. Also Hillary has her problems with Whitewater, Filegate, Travelgate, and speaking out of all sides of her mouth. The pant suits are enough to warrant expulsion from the Senate for bad wardrobe taste.:doh:
That adulterer she "hangs around with" is her husband.

The LDS strongly discourage divorce, no? If a woman came to your church and said she was thinking of leaving a cheating husband, your church would encourage her to seek reconciliation if possible, no?

Well, she followed the advice of your church, and now you want to punish her for it. Nice. That's very Christian of you.

Perhaps Clinton just isn't the candidate for you. That's fine. She's not the right one for me, either. But the irrational personal attacks against this woman make my head spin. I don't get the hatred-- and it's for things that wouldn't bother people if it were the other candidates doing it.

Edit: I didn't realize how old this thread was when I posted. I apologize.

Upvote 0

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have it on good authority she has had sexual relations with a known adulterer.

LoL. I don't care about her hubby. Something... doesn't seem right about her. Nope. Another woman candidate maybe... I just don't see her running the country properly...

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
LoL. I don't care about her hubby. Something... doesn't seem right about her. Nope. Another woman candidate maybe... I just don't see her running the country properly...
Shes also the mother of a child fathered by an adulteror... all in all, very very dodgy sounding to me.

Upvote 0
T

TroubleShooter43

Iran and Saudia arabia ring a bell??

.. seriously , grow up will you...Are you say christians are devoid of reason??

Also you have to pay an enourmous tax if your not muslim.. So if you don't execute you for having a bible they will tax you out..

1. North Korea
The Stalinist country of North Korea is characterized by a complete lack of religious freedom and of many other human rights. For the third year in a row, North Korea heads the ranking as the worst violator of religious rights. Christianity is observed as one of the greatest threats to the regime’s power. The government will arrest not only the suspected dissident but also three generations of his family to root out the bad influence. Our local co-worker reports that at least 20 Christians were arrested for their faith in 2004. It is believed that tens of thousands of Christians are currently suffering in North Korean prison camps, where they are faced with cruel abuses. North Korea is suspected to detain more political and religious prisoners than any other country in the world. Though no exact figures can be given, our staff discovered that more than 20 Christians were killed by open air shootings or by beatings in the prison camps during the past year.

2. Saudi Arabia
Also this year, Saudi Arabia is high in the top ten of the World Watch List. Religious freedom does not exist in the Wahhabist kingdom. Its citizens are not allowed to adhere to any other religion than Islam. The legal system is based on Islamic law (sharia). Apostasy -- conversion to another religion -- is punishable by death. Christians and other non-Muslims are prohibited from gathering for public worship. Christians spreading their religion are likely to be imprisoned, as was Indian citizen Brian O’Connor who was sentenced to 10 months imprisonment and 300 lashes during the past year. While in prison, he discovered other Christians in prison for their faith in Saudi Arabia. O’Connor was physically mistreated and pressed to convert to Islam, then released unconditionally from prison after seven months and deporte

Iran
Islam is the official religion in Iran, and all laws and regulations must be consistent with the official interpretation of sharia law. Because conservative parties were victorious in the elections (at the beginning of 2004), religious freedom further deteriorated. Although Christians belong to one of the recognized religious minorities who are guaranteed religious freedom, they have reported imprisonment, harassment and discrimination because of their faith. Iranian authorities have banned the Bible and closed down Protestant churches that accept worshippers from an Islamic background. Hundreds of Christian converts were arrested throughout the year. Iranian Christians considered the detention of 85 Christian pastors in September to be the biggest crisis in 10 years. Most of the prisoners have been released, but documented proof that the army knew he had become a Christian before he was ever given officer rank is a risk that he will be charged before a sharia court. In sharia legislation, apostasy is punishable by death.

Somalia
The eastern African country of Somalia is new in the top ten. Less than one percent of ethnic Somalis are Christian, practicing their faith in secret. Having no central government, the country lacks a constitution or other national laws to protect religious freedom. Islam is the official religion and social pressure is strong to respect Islamic tradition, especially in certain rural parts of the country. Somali Christians indicated that they face heavy pressure to join Islam. During 2004, several Christian converts from Islam reported physical assaults due to their new faith, and some had to escape to other villages. In those regions, even the possession of a Bible can lead to a dangerous situation. Three converts were killed by fundamentalist Muslims because of their beliefs. There is a saying that a Christian Somali is a dead Somali -- when discovered, they risk immediate death.

China
During 2004, China’s government increased control of religious activities, further restricting them. Three internal directives were issued, aimed at the suppression of conversion of Communist Party members, the growth of religion and religious organizations across the country and the increase of religious activity on university campuses. The government wants Marxist atheism research propaganda and education to be further strengthened. Local Christians reported intimidation, harassment and detention of believers. Several mass arrests took place in which hundreds of unregistered Christians were detained. A Christian woman was beaten to death in custody for handing out Christian tracts. However, the number of believers in both registered and unregistered churches continued to grow.

Afghanistan
Afghanistan is back in the top ten. Religious freedom for Christians deteriorated mostly because of the influence of Islamic extremists. During 2004, five Afghan Christian converts were killed for abandoning Islam and spreading their new faith. Some parts of the country, mainly in the south and east, are still under the influence of the Taliban. Afghanistan’s new provisional constitution does not provide sufficiently for religious freedom. The document stipulates that the country is an Islamic republic. Followers of other religions are free to practice their religion provided that these practices are within the limits of the provisions of the law and that “no law can be contrary to the beliefs and provisions of the sacred religion of Islam.” This clause basically gives the official and unofficial religious leaders the right to question every action that they might consider contrary to their beliefs. Blasphemy and apostasy still fall under sharia law and are officially punishable by death. Christian converts face social discrimination and threats.

The first one is an athiest country, the second an Islamic country..The Rest are athiest and Islamic..Starting to see a pattern here??

I have found the mass media to be largely silent on this issue. To the best of my knowledge there has be no reporting on any of this. If you could supply unbiased sources of information supporting these claims, it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

LouTheWicked

My faith in God tells me that this will never happen. Just as there will never be a woman pope.

This is a decision from God. Women are put on earth to serve men, and bear children.

Oh wow, I thought I'd seen the peak of bigotry, arrogance and ignorance rolled into one package. How wrong I was.

Upvote 0

bricks00usa

Veteran
Jun 13, 2007
✟9,498.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
In Relationship
BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Upvote 0

SmokinJoe

Feb 6, 2008
✟7,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How can I be more rational? Just because you view my opinion as inflammatory does not make it so.

Perhaps instead of having opinions based on close-mindedness, ignorance and generalities, then you might be able to form said rational opinions.

I don't care how old this thread is, after finding it and reading some of what bricks has to say, I have to admit, I hope that most religious and faithful people do NOT think as he does. It's scary to read some of what he says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Perhaps instead of having opinions based on close-mindedness, ignorance and generalities, then you might be able to form said rational opinions.

I don't care how old this thread is, after finding it and reading some of what bricks has to say, I have to admit, I hope that most religious and faithful people do NOT think as he does. It's scary to read some of what he says.

I agree. I'm scared too o_0

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Well The apostle Paul said that the Man is the head of the woman when they are married.

As the apostle Paul says:

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." (Colossians 3:18)

now of course, any 21st century woman would take this as offensive and sexist. But her mind as already been defiled by 20th century secular culture. So she is unable to understand the true meaning of what this means.

The problem is that marriage in itself is a form of submission and trust. Without that, it won't last, and it definatly won't be holy.

And that the woman was created for man. Just as man looks up to Christ, the woman looks up to her husband.. however this is not the way that you would think it to be. Most people would think its sexist. But it is not. Its just most people don't understand it deeply enough.

if you look at any good marriage that has lasted long. You will see that there is submission and trust in the marriage. A wife submitting to her husband dosen't mean being a doormat and taking anything to comes along to way. Rather it is a woman who respects her husband and supports him in the fullest.

So in a true loving marriage, the man is the head of the household. Simply because christ is the head of the man and man is the head of the woman and they follow this example. It dosen't take a genuis to see how dysfunctional a marriage is when the woman acts like the husband of the marriage.

Upvote 0

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well The apostle Paul said that the Man is the head of the woman when they are married.

As the apostle Paul says:

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." (Colossians 3:18)

now of course, any 21st century woman would take this as offensive and sexist. But her mind as already been defiled by 20th century secular culture. So she is unable to understand the true meaning of what this means.

The problem is that marriage in itself is a form of submission and trust. Without that, it won't last, and it definatly won't be holy.

And that the woman was created for man. Just as man looks up to Christ, the woman looks up to her husband.. however this is not the way that you would think it to be. Most people would think its sexist. But it is not. Its just most people don't understand it deeply enough.

if you look at any good marriage that has lasted long. You will see that there is submission and trust in the marriage. A wife submitting to her husband dosen't mean being a doormat and taking anything to comes along to way. Rather it is a woman who respects her husband and supports him in the fullest.

So in a true loving marriage, the man is the head of the household. Simply because christ is the head of the man and man is the head of the woman and they follow this example. It dosen't take a genuis to see how dysfunctional a marriage is when the woman acts like the husband of the marriage.

You could have saved a lot of time and just said "Hilary should be in the kitchen where she belongs"

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

You could have saved a lot of time and just said "Hilary should be in the kitchen where she belongs"

No, thats not what im saying. However, Hilary obviously has no true morals (pro-abortion) and has no value for marriage and family. Everywhere she goes she is wearing mens clothing. The message she portrays is very unholy to women of this world.

"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God. - Deuteronomy 22:5

And, as I said above. Most people do not understand what the Apostle Paul is trying to say about marriage and wives, because their minds are already corrupted by 21st century secular culture. Only when that veil is removed can a person understand the holiness of husband and wife and both of their roles in life and family. Both the husband and wife are property of each other when they get married. Because they become one..The Husband looks up to Christ the way the wife looks up to her husband,. because man is made in the image of God. And we are all male/female in Christ. If a wife does not respect her husband she disrespects God, because Jesus Christ came in the form of a man.

Upvote 0