Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
SOME Republicans. They are essentially the Establishment Repub's that would rather lose an election than lose their power and position in DC. They are hardly distinguishable from Dem. Establishment types, and what you noticed proves that point. Many made the point in the past, and were called down, because the true Repub is different than the true Dem. The Establishment types on both sides are for themselves (and each other) before they are for any of us (long before.)

Funny. I would view those who are against Trump as being willing to put the good of the country before their own personal gain. Otherwise why would electing Trump be an issue for them?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SOME Republicans. They are essentially the Establishment Repub's that would rather lose an election than lose their power and position in DC. They are hardly distinguishable from Dem. Establishment types, and what you noticed proves that point. Many made the point in the past, and were called down, because the true Repub is different than the true Dem. The Establishment types on both sides are for themselves (and each other) before they are for any of us (long before.)
Uhmmm...wouldn't this fall under the "No True Scotsman" fallacy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman :scratch:
tulc(just wondering) :sorry:

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not certain if that is what it means, but there are repub's we have identified that were indistinguishable from dem's, except their party affiliation. They may say certain things that sound repub, but they vote in ways that show they are RINOs (Repub In Name Only) Pelosi and Reid got rid of the bluedog dem's, and there is not much moderation on the other side of the aisle. Sadly, most who get to DC with their scruples intact will lose them as soon as the Dollar $ign$ show up in their eyes.

There are many people from both sides of the aisle this time (independent and others as well,) that are fed-up with politics as usual, and see the hole it has dug for us. It is similar to the Reagan Dem's from the '80s that we remember (us being of similar age.)

I am not too interested in what differences, or nuances there may be in Hillary's platform, as that will change quickly when she no longer would need to appeal to voters. It certainly did with others, and there is not much of a distinction that can be drawn to differentiate any past or current pres.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerbieHeadley
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not certain if that is what it means, (snip)
that would be why I supplied a link. :sorry:
No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).[2]
tulc(hope that helps) :wave:

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know what you meant without that, and it is not specific to what I am saying. There may STILL be scrupulous people who are repub politicians, and there may be more soon. I just recognize the faction for what it is. Many of the ones you see making statements about that were not someone I counted as more than RINO's before. However interesting some opinion they may have once expressed seemed to be, they are not standing on the distinct differences that have often defined Repub's.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I know what you meant without that, and it is not specific to what I am saying. There may STILL be scrupulous people who are repub politicians, and there may be more soon. I just recognize the faction for what it is. Many of the ones you see making statements about that were not someone I counted as more than RINO's before. However interesting some opinion they may have once expressed seemed to be, they are not standing on the distinct differences that have often defined Repub's.

So what, in your estimation, are the core principles on must have to be a republican that these RINO's lack?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I still want to know what that object, the sound of "tink", metal falling on pavement from the area of G-Ma Illary's pant suit leg. What is it?
I wonder why people focus so much on her falling out video, instead of attacking something that is important.. like her bad policies.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why people focus so much on her falling out video, instead of attacking something that is important.. like her bad policies.

Probably because, most people don't even really pay all that much attention to the specifics of policies.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Probably because, most people don't even really pay all that much attention to the specifics of policies.
Well that is what honestly makes or breaks the president to me.. well and the brass and determination to actually follow through and implement said policies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There are no good policies with Her. There just aren't any. She is a complete liar and there isn't anything to be gained from discussing anything to do with her. She should go home and be a good Grandma and repent for works and actions. Time is obviously short for her.

Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The bodydoubles, clones, stunt women, understudies, and whatever else she has cultured from who-knows-when, are showing up in odd places. She has a non-existent strain of bacterial pneumonia (that is not contagious???) and is out hugging little girls on the street an hour and a half after collapsing because of it??? She is breaking up (literally) on stage in Greensboro??? She is dopey talking about the NY & NJ bombing, says it's a bomb, then decries Trump for saying that. The news media edit out the "bomb" analogy, and she's good to go!!!

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are no good policies with Her. There just aren't any. She is a complete liar and there isn't anything to be gained from discussing anything to do with her. She should go home and be a good Grandma and repent for works and actions. Time is obviously short for her.

Are they bad because she is a liar, or because you have actually read them and disagree?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump in a landslide, with help from the minority communities.

I tend towards the non-violent, but as long as it is a gentle landslide, and he can be safely dug up after polling day, then I can't see the harm.

(No shovels on the rescue mission, though - seriously)

Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend towards the non-violent, but as long as it is a gentle landslide, and he can be safely dug up after polling day, then I can't see the harm.

(No shovels on the rescue mission, though - seriously)
So if the earth swallows them up you want people to try to rescue them with only their bare hands? What if no one cares enough about them to try to dig them out?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if the earth swallows them up you want people to try to rescue them with only their bare hands? What if no one cares enough about them to try to dig them out?
Hey, you should take it up with OldWiseGuy, he's the one who said Mr Trump was going to be in a landslide. to quote Queen:
"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see". :)
tulc(suspects anyone who thinks Mr Trump is going to win, let alone be supported overwhelmingly by the minority community, appears to be living in the second line and needs to do the fifth line) :wave:

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, you should take it up with OldWiseGuy, he's the one who said Mr Trump was going to be in a landslide.
I am thinking about betting that he wins by a landslide. Right now I am going to wait on the first debate. That is where most elections are decided is at the debate.

Upvote 0