Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, I have a rather strange request.

I'm trying to fill out an order, and what I need is just a few more dollars to reach a threshold. The best use of funds would be books that are normally very inexpensive as published, like prayer books, etc. Up to about $8, preferably less. (Except regular prayer books are not needed.)

Usually me myself, I'm searching for what I want/need, and in find it cheaply and then order it. This is a bit different, so I don't know of any really good little books? Thanks if any suggestions!

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's a good idea. Unless they are easily available online?

I thought there was a little book by Mother Gavrilla (sp?) ... If it's inexpensive, something like that could be perfect too. But I don't see that name listed.

Hmmmm. I think I have 2 days or less to come up with suggestions. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Boy was I ever wrong about that book by Mother Gavrilia .... it is NOT inexpensive. It's currently going for over $200 used on Amazon ....

And I really wanted to read that one. Looks like that won't be happening. :swoon:

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Boy was I ever wrong about that book by Mother Gavrilia .... it is NOT inexpensive. It's currently going for over $200 used on Amazon ....

And I really wanted to read that one. Looks like that won't be happening. :swoon:
You have to make certain of that. Amazon can have anomalies like this from private sellers. For example, someone was trying to sell an ordinary paperback "American Sniper" for $300. After a little more scrolling, I found it for the ordinary 25 cents to $5. I come across this frequently.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You have to make certain of that. Amazon can have anomalies like this from private sellers. For example, someone was trying to sell an ordinary paperback "American Sniper" for $300. After a little more scrolling, I found it for the ordinary 25 cents to $5. I come across this frequently.
I didn't look anywhere other than Amazon, but I think there were 20+ sellers and the cheapest were both around $230-ish .... I didn't look at the upper end of the two listings for the same book.

Sometimes those out-of-print books can become crazy-expensive, and it seems like sometimes those are the ones my SF wants me to read. So far each time he has allowed another book instead, or else I've just "happened" upon someone selling a copy cheap (that has happened SEVERAL times now) and once a kind gentleman sent me a book I had been unable to find as a loan, and then when I finished and was about to mail it back, he told me to keep it and offered to send a good portion of his personal library (mostly recommended reading when he was planning to attend seminary) in order to start a library for our parish! I am so in awe of this kind gentleman! He has sent two boxes full so far, and another shipping next week. (He's an older gentleman, and says he doesn't expect to read them again - I think he's read them all several times - and about to make a long-distance move and doesn't want to take them.)

I'm still working on the value of the books he has sent - but it's going to be a lot.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did check the Popular Patristics series, and added one that popped up for a very good price. :) Counsels on the Spiritual Life by Mark the Monk. I've been very much wanting a chance to look at a book from the Popular Patristics series, so I'm glad to have seen this one. :)

Upvote 0