Highly distracting sounds in the background, for ads.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,165.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Lately when I am trying to pray for someone, or maybe debate a point, suddenly I hear this extremely distracting, and frankly highly annoying, sound associated with an ad. Friend, there are ads all over this site. That's your choice and your right, but don't you think that's enough without adding sounds that keep one from thinking very straight?

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lately when I am trying to pray for someone, or maybe debate a point, suddenly I hear this extremely distracting, and frankly highly annoying, sound associated with an ad. Friend, there are ads all over this site. That's your choice and your right, but don't you think that's enough without adding sounds that keep one from thinking very straight?
While I agree that it is a bit ridiculous, I would recommend trying adblock. I know that the admins probably do not like people recommending that plugin, but they need to tame the ads.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
(Ambassador hat on)

I apologize, unfortunately, due to the number of networks that advertise here, we ultimately have little control over the advertisements seen on CF. If it is more of objectionable advertisements, you are of course welcome to report advertisements as we cannot see them until after they are seen. You can do this by rolling over the ad with your mouse and noting the URL in the status bar at the bottom, and then copy the destination URL by right clicking and selecting "copy link address", then post this information in a Contact Us Form. There is also the option to Become a supporter, and browse CF ad free! In the meantime, what I would recommend to do if none of these are an option is to mute CF. If you are listening to music or something in another tab, you can do this (in Firefox and Chrome) by left clicking on the tab , and then selecting "mute tab".

(Ambassador hat off)

Upvote 0