Taipei
✟17,705.00
Country
Taiwan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just stumbled across this site. I noticed there are blogs as well. I've seen a few other christian blog sites (no need to name names) that have been not overly helpful, so I am interested to check it out here. (Although when I go to blogs it says I don't have permission to comment on other peoples posts, so I am not sure what is going on there)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just stumbled across this site. I noticed there are blogs as well. I've seen a few other christian blog sites (no need to name names) that have been not overly helpful, so I am interested to check it out here. (Although when I go to blogs it says I don't have permission to comment on other peoples posts, so I am not sure what is going on there)
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

There are a few privileges that are held from brand new members until they have a few posts and likes ... I think 20 posts and 5 likes. (I'll like your post to give you one.) That keeps people from joining just for the sake of spamming, etc. and protects members.

I'm on my own phone and don't see anything for your location. But people generally aren't swayed by it to have any opinion of you if that's what you're asking. People who live near you or are visiting other places may want to ask for recommendations. If the location is wrong, it can be changed.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. We are always glad to help. :)

Again, welcome to CF. :)

Upvote 0

Justin BT

Jan 18, 2020
Taipei
✟17,705.00
Country
Taiwan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But people generally aren't swayed by it to have any opinion of you if that's what you're asking

Oh, sorry, perhaps I didn't communicate clearly. When it comes to country lists, some websites list "Taiwan" as a country, and some websites (for political reasons) say "Taiwan, Province of China" to make a political assertion that Taiwan is not a country. For some people it is as offensive as saying "France, Province of U.S.A". That is why I was wondering if the site owners were intending to make a political statement by their country list, or it was just accidentally like that.

Perhaps this clarifies the situation:
NYTimes: Giving In to China, U.S. Airlines Drop Taiwan (in Name at Least)
CNN: US airlines give in to China's demands over Taiwan

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. It seems the UN and former US president Richard Nixon are culpable for the political slur. I hope you can get it changed to just plain "Taiwan". If not, you may want to "move" elsewhere for purposes of the forum.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF Justin...very X-sited to have you!

As far as the political stuff goes, I'm not much into it, but is it more like saying Puerto Rico, Province of U.S.A.? I can see how people would get upset, because Puerto Rico may be a commonwealth of the U.S., but it is also its own nation.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF Justin of Taiwan!

Yes some places are politically correct. I was in the Middle East quite a few times and once looked at a map in a store. It did not have Israel listed and had only “Palestine.”

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Welcome to Justin from the independent nation of Taiwan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Justin,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

glitter-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Justin; welcome to CF.
For the listing of: "Taiwan, Province Of China" you can blame Google for that; as we get the listing and the maps showing the countries from Google; thru the company Xenforo; that makes the software that CF runs on. Maybe Google does it to get in good with "Mother China" so it doesn't make life miserable for Google.

Now to the important stuff:):

welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0