• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

hi, please help me. How do I let a kitten eat something?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by blackmarch103, Jun 5, 2018.

1. blackmarch103

blackmarch103 New Member

+1
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    hello, i can't post any where then i post hear. so sorry. i just found an abandoned kitten near the house. I tried giving it milk, or something like me looking at google. But it still does not eat at all. So what do I do now?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,587
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  3. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,587
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,090
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Cats that live in the wild or indoor pets allowed to roam outdoors kill from 1.4 billion to as many as 3.7 billion birds in the continental U.S. each year, says a new study that escalates a decades-old debate over the feline threat to native animals.

5. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,587
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

6. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+9,049
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    True, our six outside cats kill a few birds but, they also take care of all the rodents in the yard, gophers, rats and mice. The trade-off works for us.

For the baby kitty make a little paste out of tuna and milk smash it up make a paste. Hold the kitty and try to get little pieces into its mouth.

May take it a little while to realize that it enjoys that taste.

Milk from an eyedropper gently drop by drop on the lips once again till it gets a desire for the new taste.

M-Bob

7. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,090
    Atheist
    Married
    Because that is so helpful .

8. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,893
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I thought the same.
    I hope the little kitten gets on well:cat:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,090
    Atheist
    Married
    If it's not eating it should be really easy to catch. If you can't catch it, it's probably eating elsewhere. They make humane traps. You might even be able to borrow one from a local rescue/shelter or Humane Society.

10. Claudia Zimmer

Claudia Zimmer New Member

+38
    Germany
    Christian
    Single
    Is the kitten hurt so it can't eat or too young? Poor kitty. My cats love cooked chickens in very small pieces and the boiling water on it.

11. DW1980

DW1980 Don Supporter

+528
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Engaged
    UK - SNP
    Wet kitten food and cat milk should be ok (don't give it regular milk!). You could also give it water with some water from a can of tuna mixed in. Try warming the meat up too. Cats have a great sense of smell - one of mine was very ill and not eating, and the vet suggested microwaving his food. Worked a treat. I did it until it was warm but not hot. You don't want to scald the poor thing.

I would also call in an animal rescue service, they will be able to check the kitten isn't injured - which may also be why it's not eating.

12. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

+1,033
    Poland
    Christian
    Private
    Try giving your cat food in place where he find himself comfortable let's say he is sleeping in some sort of cardboard box , feed it there .
    At least that's what worked for my 7 year old but still has to be forced to eat meat . He likes peperonii but not of the ground i have to feed him by hand or put it on his belly when he is sleeping so he is forced to eat because he has urge to clean himself afterwards but is too lazy to stand up .

My cat is so lazy he will put paws in his bowl of water and drink from paw or using paws to get bowl of water closer to himself rather than walking few steps closer to it and just drink. He is not fat tho just procastinator.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  13. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's it's a baby is needs to drink milk from a bottle. easy. If you have a child's bottle you'll want to make the hole in it a little larger

14. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,796
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I suggest you contact the local SPCA for advice.

15. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+5,017
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I raised a litter of 4 when their mother died. Their eyes were still closed. I gave them special milk that I picked up at a pet store---like Petco--and they had special little bottles to bottle feed them. I fed them every 2 hours. And then you have to take a damp cloth and wipe the genital area so they can pee and poop otherwise they will die. That is why momma cat licks them. I would also use a damp cloth to rub them all over, like a bath. I was momma to them. They were all picked up to good homes and were just super friendly.

16. Mountainmanbob

+9,049
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Try to get a syringe without the needle and put some milk in there and then drip it slowly on to the kitties lips that's how they get a little taste slowly.
    M-Bob

17. Mountainmanbob

+9,049
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We have had a lot of kitties around here and we still do. They really like regular old cow milk, they just have to acquire the taste.

It's not as good for them as Kitty milk but, we can't always find that.

M-Bob

18. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,576
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi; good to see you.

19. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+9,408
    United States
    Baptist