Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And from what he save us?

And from what he save us?

First of all, Jesus saves us form a sinful existence because we cannot live a holy life without God's grace ; God loves us infinitely, and He desires to lead each of us to the true life and true happiness, a condition existing only in communion with God. You must understand that evil and sin are totally incompatible with God's good and holy nature; therefore , we cannot be in communion with God as long as sin and evil passions are inside us. A deep interior change is then necessary for all of us to be in communion with God and reach the eternal happiness; we must be sanctified and purified from all our evil and sinful desires and passions. So, the problem is not merely a forgiveness, but a deep change of our most intimate self.
I think that the strongest argument supporting the divine nature of Christ is that the christian concept of God and of divine love is the highest possible concept. I find that the idea itself that God loves us so much that He chose to assume the human nature and accepted to suffer crucifission in order to save us, expresses such a high concept of God and of divine love that it can comes only from God and it is certainly a truth. This concept is fully convincing for me, it proves itself by itself and makes superfluous any other arguments . I believe that Chirst suffered His Passion to help us to have faith in Him and trust Him, to make us understand that God loves us infinitely, that God is good and merciful, that God is near to us and that we are so precious for Him so that we may totally trust Him, open our heart to Him and let Him change our existence in true life and true love.
The christian faith is unique because it gives a very concrete and unique meaning to the concept of divine love: in fact God’s love actualizes in the acceptance of a terrible physical suffering; the God of the christian faith loves us so much that He is willing to suffer a painful death in order to save us from a sinful existence. In the christian faith, love is not only a theoretical and vague concept; Christ’s Passion is a clear and concrete realization of the concept of divine love which teaches us what the true meaning of love is.

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Loving doesn't mean you are going to make him a God
I come from the Catholic Church and we were taught that Yeshua was fully G-d and Fully Man. A very strange concept. However I look at it this way. Yeshua was G-d with all the reality of man. Ie G-d only allowed himself to perform acts that a human man could do. If there was a miracle it was because of prayer to his Father "part", which anyone could do. So by following Yeshua we can perform great things.
He had one great commandment. Love G-d and Love your neighbour as yourself. In scripture our neighbour includes everyone even our enemies whom we are also to love. The work of a disciple of Yeshua is to bring love, compassion and forgiveness of G-d to all mankind. [I am afraid that too many christians to not see this or find it to hard under the pressure to conform to their group, church, society, nation etc.] If we are blessed it is so that we can bless others. Our gifts and talents are to be in service to humanity, at least to those that we meet. We are to imitate Yeshua, but in our own sphere: He was a storyteller, healer, prophet etc. We serve through what we are engineer, teacher etc. Some may have a special calling to step out in to the bigger world to serve in an aid agency or Medicine Frontier etc.
In Love
Jay Sea

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I like the fact that you love so much Jesus and I want to know why you love him so much. my parents say to me that Jesus is just a normal person...
Christians believe that God, out of love for us and for the sake of our salvation, came down from heaven, took on human nature and was born of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This man Jesus was fully Man, and fully God: God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. The Athanaisan Creed says:
We believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man. God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the substance of His mother, born into the world. Perfect God and Perfect Man, of a reasonable Soul and human Flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His Manhood. Who, although He be God and Man, yet He is not two, but One Christ. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into Flesh, but by taking of the Manhood into God. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by Unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one Man, so God and Man is one Christ.​

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread has had a massive cleaning. Please note that this is NOT the Christian Apologetics forum. Please read and abide by the Statement of Purpose for this forum, which states (among other things):
This is a forum where non-Christian Seekers are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where Christian members (see Faith groups list) can enter into discussion with them on these questions. The primary focus of this forum is Christian evangelism and discipleship, not to debate Christian Theology or challenge, attack, or argue against, Christianity. If any non-Christian member would like to challenge Christianity, they may do so in the Christian Apologetics forum. Please read and agree with this thread before posting in the Christian Apologetics forum.

We recognize that sincere non-Christian seekers are looking for real answers, and the first reply given may be insufficient to achieve this. It is acceptable for the Original Poster (OP) to probe the answers given, and to continue the discussion on lines which help to clarify their understanding of the Christian faith. If another non-Christian seeker wishes to ask questions about the Christian faith, they may start their own thread. No more than one non-Christian Seeker (the OP) may post in a thread.
Further violations could result in Staff Actions.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary987

Grace to Keep Pace
Jun 3, 2021
Boston
✟10,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I like the fact that you love so much Jesus and I want to know why you love him so much. my parents say to me that Jesus is just a normal person and Im confused and I cant love him that much like christian, but I feel that I do for some strange reason, so I need some guidance

You love for Jesus is a gift from God. And it’s on its way kahlil01. Praying for you now. Your question alone is powerful enough to break the chains that all world religions hold mankind in. Jesus is love. His work is relationship and his proof is in your heart when you ask for Jesus to reveal to you why Christians love Jesus

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I like the fact that you love so much Jesus and I want to know why you love him so much. my parents say to me that Jesus is just a normal person and Im confused and I cant love him that much like christian, but I feel that I do for some strange reason, so I need some guidance
I love the Lord Jesus the Christ because he is good and truthful, kind and strong, generous and giving, full of knowledge and understanding....and many other qualties.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I love Jesus because He has always shown kindness to me, even when I fail, or get things wrong. As for is Jesus different to a normal person. The bible says of Jesus:

Col 2:9 for in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

And Jesus said HIs body was the temple of the Holy Spirit, or God.

John 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. The Jews therefore said, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou raise it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body.

Jesus when crucified, was buried for three days in a tomb. He spoke of that event.

Jesus was a man with the Spirit of GOd in him. God wanted to experience humanity, so he could act as a faithful judge.

Heb 4:15 For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus/God lived as a man, he was tempted in all ways, like a normal man, yet had no sin. Jesus then offered his life as a sacrifice for sins on the cross. Taking the penalty we deserve, taking our place, forgiving our sins.

Isa 53:5-6 He was wounded and crushed because of our sins; by taking our punishment, he made us completely well. All of us were like sheep that had wandered off. We had each gone our own way, but the LORD gave him the punishment we deserved.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Even in Islam, Jesus is considered a prophet, which means he was far from normal. As a prophet, his words should be considered carefully and thoughtfully, and there are lots of words he spoke as well as deeds that he did. I'd recommend reading a gospel. Any will do (or even all of them, Mark is the shortest,=. John the most spiritual). Ask what Jesus is saying and who he is saying it to and what impact that might have had on those who heard him.

Christians love Jesus because of what he was willing do do for us. Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his brother... and that is what Jesus did for us. He calls us brother and he died in our place for the sins we committed.

We cannot help but love him for this... but it is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what he has done.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is a very important part of our religion. as he died on the cross to allow God's grace to forgive us of our sin. This allows God to directly connect with us. so we love Jesus because he allows us to connect with God, here in this life.

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray Jesus will shine his face upon you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mart1994

Sep 6, 2021
friesland
✟8,305.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey,
We love Jesus so much becouse he died for us. Becouse Jesus died, he took our sins away so we can talk to God.
We people are born sinfully so we need Jesus and that's why we love Jesus so much

Jesus is not a normal man, Jesus is the son of God, not that God has children but more like a family. Jesus is part of Gods family, what so special is, is that Jesus came to earth to tell us about God, that He is loving and forgiving.

Upvote 0