Hi, Can some one please i beg of you please help me...

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well hi everybody I am new as you can see,I have a problem for some a while ago ,like at the beggining of the year i think i had back slid but during that time I was commiting alot of sins i wasent proud of but it semed like i would now that it was wrong but i did it any way , and i would pray to God for forgiveness but for some reason i remember at one point i was thinking something like your not really sorry for doing it or else you wouldnt want to still keep on doing it ,and that if i prayed for forgivness it wouldnt do anything because i thought i wasent really sorry for it but i thinj i was really sorry but i was just a little insane and if i wasent sorry then i know i am now,but since then i think i have come back to connect with God but how can i be sure that I didnt actually leave God or commite the unforvivable sin of blasphelmy?
at times i tell my self not to worry and that if i had i wouldnt still pray to God but I cant help but worrie and last night i totally broke down thinking i had left God and that i had been decieving my self into thinking he was still with me and i broke in to tears.
I dont know what to do and I am a big mess because i have gone through this so much:cry: .
I pray to God that he give me some reassurence that he is still with me and i think i have had some but then i go back to thinking maybe i am just decieving my self again.

here is what has me scared:

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6 NKJV

what dose it mean?
i dont think i ever sinned not knowing it was wrong the wrong thing and knowing i shouldnt do it and thinking about God,I love God and hope i have not left him this is turning into my worst night mare i need to some how know i havent left him.

I am sorry to start my first post this way but what is wrong with me?
why can i not stop doing the same sin over and over i even pray for strentgh to quit do i not truly want to what do i do !? i love God and believe Jesus has saved me but i really hope i have not turned away ,my chest hurts i have a lump in my throat and i am crying as you can tell i am a bit of a mess...

O

ohevjeshua

This is is my first post in almost a year--it,s past 2am, I can't sleep, and my brain is on overdrive, and so I signed on and saw your plea for help. I've gone around with this same problem since I was saved at age 19, and I'm old enough now that all my (biological) kids are older than you are.

Here's the deal--God loves you with a love that can't even be comprehended by a human being. You are his precious child. Whenever we sin, we are like small children who stumble; ever watch a baby try to walk? We can't help it, even when those sins seem so horrible to us and even though some are sins we keep on doing. Even the great Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, admitted in scripture, "that which I hate, I do." and "Oh wretched man, who will save me from this body of death?" It goes with the territory, son. You're a saved child of God still encased in a brain and body of flesh.

So, Jesus, God the Son came to earth in human form died, atoned for every sin ever to be committed, and was raised to life, and we who believe with him. Now, the scripture you are referring to describes people who either repudiate the Lord for the rest of their lives, or who feel no remorse for their sins and just pay lip service to the "religion." (this is a very simple treatment of a profound passage of scripture, so maybe someone more qualified can answer this better). The fact that you can't seem to shake a particular sinful behavior doesn't mean for a moment that you're not saved--that's the biggest lies Satan puts in our heads. It means that as a Christian, you are engaged in the spiritual warfare we all are; welcome to the fight!

But you have powerful allies, up to and including the Lord Himself. It may take a long time, more or less, to shake some sins, and you'll never be perfect in this life--only Jesus wore a human body and was without sin, and he is God. It takes work to get better, and it takes work to forgive yourself so that you won't feel dragged down by the sin you will inevitably commit.

I have a few suggestions, tho--go to your pastor and reaffirm your faith, pray with him, talk about whatever is troubling you (the fact that it troubles you is good--if you didn't love the Lord, it might not), and work out a plan of action. Expect to slip up from time to time, but keep getting up and going on. It gets better!

Young man you have blessed me--I feel better already! With all the love, encouragement, and every blessing I can muster, I remain yours in Jesus.

Fred:pray:

Reactions: Famasdan
Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well hi everybody I am new as you can see,I have a problem for some a while ago ,like at the beggining of the year i think i had back slid but during that time I was commiting alot of sins i wasent proud of but it semed like i would now that it was wrong but i did it any way , and i would pray to God for forgiveness but for some reason i remember at one point i was thinking something like your not really sorry for doing it or else you wouldnt want to still keep on doing it ,and that if i prayed for forgivness it wouldnt do anything because i thought i wasent really sorry for it but i thinj i was really sorry but i was just a little insane and if i wasent sorry then i know i am now,but since then i think i have come back to connect with God but how can i be sure that I didnt actually leave God or commite the unforvivable sin of blasphelmy?
at times i tell my self not to worry and that if i had i wouldnt still pray to God but I cant help but worrie and last night i totally broke down thinking i had left God and that i had been decieving my self into thinking he was still with me and i broke in to tears.
I dont know what to do and I am a big mess because i have gone through this so much:cry: .
I pray to God that he give me some reassurence that he is still with me and i think i have had some but then i go back to thinking maybe i am just decieving my self again.

here is what has me scared:

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6 NKJV

what dose it mean?
i dont think i ever sinned knowing it was wrong thinking i shouldnt and thinking about God,I love God and hope i hav enot left him this is turning into my worst night mare i need to some how know i havent left him.

I am sorry to start my first post this way but what is wrong with me?
why can i not stop doing the same sin over and over i even pray for strentgh to quit do i not truly want to what do i do !? i love God and believe Jesus has saved me but i really hope i have not turned away ,my chest hurts i have a lump in my throat and i am crying as you can tell i am a bit of a mess...

Hey hon, first I want to say welcome to cf:wave: :hug:
Second, If we were perfect, there would be no need for a Savior. He paid the ulimate price, do you really believe He went through that just to see us fall and kick us back down. Absolutley not! He will pick you up. Over and Over.
The bible even says, Even when a righteous man may fall 7 times, yet will he rise again. You can pm me anytime.:hug: God bless you.
Your Friend,
Christy

Upvote 0

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is is my first post in almost a year--it,s past 2am, I can't sleep, and my brain is on overdrive, and so I signed on and saw your plea for help. I've gone around with this same problem since I was saved at age 19, and I'm old enough now that all my (biological) kids are older than you are.

Here's the deal--God loves you with a love that can't even be comprehended by a human being. You are his precious child. Whenever we sin, we are like small children who stumble; ever watch a baby try to walk? We can't help it, even when those sins seem so horrible to us and even though some are sins we keep on doing. Even the great Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, admitted in scripture, "that which I hate, I do." and "Oh wretched man, who will save me from this body of death?" It goes with the territory, son. You're a saved child of God still encased in a brain and body of flesh.

So, Jesus, God the Son came to earth in human form died, atoned for every sin ever to be committed, and was raised to life, and we who believe with him. Now, the scripture you are referring to describes people who either repudiate the Lord for the rest of their lives, or who feel no remorse for their sins and just pay lip service to the "religion." (this is a very simple treatment of a profound passage of scripture, so maybe someone more qualified can answer this better). The fact that you can't seem to shake a particular sinful behavior doesn't mean for a moment that you're not saved--that's the biggest lies Satan puts in our heads. It means that as a Christian, you are engaged in the spiritual warfare we all are; welcome to the fight!

But you have powerful allies, up to and including the Lord Himself. It may take a long time, more or less, to shake some sins, and you'll never be perfect in this life--only Jesus wore a human body and was without sin, and he is God. It takes work to get better, and it takes work to forgive yourself so that you won't feel dragged down by the sin you will inevitably commit.

I have a few suggestions, tho--go to your pastor and reaffirm your faith, pray with him, talk about whatever is troubling you (the fact that it troubles you is good--if you didn't love the Lord, it might not), and work out a plan of action. Expect to slip up from time to time, but keep getting up and going on. It gets better!

Young man you have blessed me--I feel better already! With all the love, encouragement, and every blessing I can muster, I remain yours in Jesus.

Fred:pray:
thank you, that really helped me but soemthing else that really troubles meis from when i started this sin to know i have started to become less guilty feeling about it and this truly disturbs me is this a sign i truly have turned away from God I really hope its just thats not it ,its not that i dont know its wrong and i do pray to stop it and i still feel very guilty for other things and then some i dont its not that i just dont care because i do.
i am sorry if what i am saying sounds confussing but is there a way i can show my self i should feel more guilt?
it just disturbs me this is happening with some other sins i commit too but i know there are no small sins and no big sins they are all the same bad... so whats wrong with me?

btw thank you so much you have put me at rest some because last night i was talking to some peopel and they said i was goign to hell ,and needless to say i was crying so hard i felt like my inside were goign to come out(sorry for the descriptiveness) but i truly do want to be with God.

but then your right i wouldnt care if God was truly no longer with me so me caring means that he is still with me right?

Upvote 0

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now, the scripture you are referring to describes people who either repudiate the Lord for the rest of their lives, or who feel no remorse for their sins and just pay lip service to the "religion."

well could it be some one who knew something they were doing was wrong but then justified it to them selfs but then when they wanted to repent God wont forgive you i am affraid that may be what i did,would God not forgive me if i repent or is it impossible for me now?
i am really really affraid please help me if you can I dont wanna go to Hell,i dont wanna do bad i want to do good what do i do i feel like i am spinning around...
i feel really really bad.

Upvote 0

~ Gig ~

God is Gracious
Aug 6, 2004
Eastern Canada
✟315,811.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
aniwelcome4a.gif

I hope you find this a safe home while you're spending on the internet.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the site. It may be a little overwhelming... and trust me, even after being here a couple years I'm still learning where everything is, but we're a friendly bunch here and we're more than willing to help.

To get started posting and meeting some new members, check out the Recreation Room or the Friendship Court. These are the two forums where you can play games with other members and just sit back and chat.

Also, please take some time to read through CF's rules (so you know the do's and don'ts of posting here): http://www.christianforums.com/faq.p...les#faq_rule_0

Finally, if you'd like to ask a question about CF that you haven't been able to get answered, again please feel free to PM me or you can check out our CF- How To forum: http://www.christianforums.com/f681-cf-how-to.html

I hope I've help and not confused you! Have a great day and God Bless!!

Upvote 0

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
oh no I really think i have done the unforgivable sin I think i have sinned because i knew it wasforgiven and i used that and now i cant feel guilt for the sin i did and thus i cant repent for it to mean any thing.
i dunno what i can do, i cant do anything Jesus is the only way for salvation what do i do now...
God has all ways been my Life and I messed it all up,i dont know what to do some one please help me talk to me something.
i tried talking to my Dad and he dosent understand.
I still think i feel love for Jesus but i dunno how thats possible since i have done this,this is a night mare for me some one wake me up, this isnt a joke i am not lying,I am sitting here and i dont know what to do i am crying i am a mess.

I dont want to leave God but i think i may have this is unbelivable to me i cant believe my self.
is there something in the bible that says what s goign to happen to me now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmbracingHim

My foundation, my heart, our Rock, our Lord
Sep 3, 2006
California
✟17,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Famasdan,

The Lord forgave us for murdering Him...what more can you have done that to murder your own God?

Repent and cease the sin you have repented for. Satan loves to work guilt inbetween God and His children...don't allow this.

oh no I really think i have done the unforgivable sin I think i have sinned because i knew it wasforgiven and i used that and now i cant feel guilt for the sin i did and thus i cant repent for it to mean any thing.
i dunno what i can do, i cant do anything Jesus is the only way for salvation what do i do now...
God has all ways been my Life and I messed it all up,i dont know what to do some one please help me talk to me something.
i tried talking to my Dad and he dosent understand.
I still think i feel love for Jesus but i dunno how thats possible since i have done this,this is a night mare for me some one wake me up, this isnt a joke i am not lying,I am sitting here and i dont know what to do i am crying i am a mess.

I dont want to leave God but i think i may have this is unbelivable to me i cant believe my self.
is there something in the bible that says what s goign to happen to me now?

Upvote 0

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Famasdan,

The Lord forgave us for murdering Him...what more can you have done that to murder your own God?

Repent and cease the sin you have repented for. Satan loves to work guilt inbetween God and His children...don't allow this.
I thought we were suppose to feel guilt i thought that if we didnt then it wasent forgivable i thought guilt was pennance?
so aslong as i still want to quit and pray to God then i am ok he hasent left me?
I havent left him even if i sinned because i knew Jesus died to forgive us didnt i trample under him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i was thinking something like your not really sorry for doing it or else you wouldn't want to still keep on doing it ,and that if i prayed for forgiveness it wouldn't do anything

Gee you sound like the Apostle Paul to Me--The things he would do, he said he did not and those he would not do he did anyway (paraphrased) BUT GOD SAID..

"My Grace is Sufficient for Thee" I bet it is for you too.

Upvote 0

Famasdan

Dec 14, 2006
Ohio
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gee you sound like the Apostle Paul to Me--The things he would do, he said he did not and those he would not do he did anyway (paraphrased) BUT GOD SAID..

"My Grace is Sufficient for Thee" I bet it is for you too.
cool,but its like the more i think about it the more i uncover and i fear i hope i didnt deny God i seem to rememeber being in school about 1 to 2 years ago and i dunno if i was really thinking about God that much then I really hope i didnt deny him that is the unforgivable sin right?
is it only unforgivable if you die denying Jesus because i dont think i wouldve ever said or thought any thing like no i dont want forgivness or anything i just cant remember like 2 years ago if i had done the unforgivable is it impossible to recover?
and if i had dont the unforgivable then i wouldnt car eabout God would i ?

Upvote 0