Middle-ish
✟16,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hi there! I've just joined today (Or I wouldn't be in this thread ;P), so I'd like to meet some of you by introducing myself. I have OCD from a hormonal imbalance, and some months are better than others, so sometimes I need prayer requests, which is one of the reasons I'm here; the other being to make new friends, to find fellowship, and to talk about my experiences (Once I get brave enough :\ Can't say the internet is a friendly place.)

I was raised Lutheran, but since about 4 years ago I have begun looking into Anglicanism. If any of you know the differences between the two denominations, please do message me if you're willing and tell me all about it! :) Also, if you know about Catholicism in comparison to Lutheranism, I'd love to learn about it from you! And I'm willing to exchange what I learned in 3 years (Yes, 3!!!) of confirmation class.

God bless and thanks for reading my blabber this far, haha! :oldthumbsup:

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:wave: How about just being like Christ, Christian. Ditch all the titles. Worship God, Read the word, and pray. God made it real simple, don't complicate it.

Upvote 0

Efkharisto2018

Jan 12, 2018
Middle-ish
✟16,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
:wave: How about just being like Christ, Christian. Ditch all the titles. Worship God, Read the word, and pray. God made it real simple, don't complicate it.

I know what you mean by that! I see Christianity as the truth, not a religion. But I do have to say my denomination definitely influenced my beliefs, so I feel it may be important to mention. To me though, it doesn't matter if a person is Lutheran or Catholic or male or female or young or old, a Christian is a Christian! :):heart:

Upvote 0

John Goodness

Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2017
Chicago
✟72,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God bless you and welcome to CF. I was raised an Anglican in the mountains of a Southeast Asian country, and though I am attending an evangelical church now, the traditions I grew up with had a really strong impact on my faith - especially when I fully surrendered my life to Christ in my early 20s. Hope you get to engage in meaningful discussions here in this forum.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forum Efkharisto2018!

I like your introduction, seems very sincere from the heart. This place has plenty of room for discussions about anything and everything. So I'm sure you'll find others to talk with you about all of it.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and a bit of a belated welcome. I was curious when I noticed your username (it's similar to how we sing hymns of thanks to God in Greek). Anyway, with your particular interests, I was going to say you might want to come by Traditional Theology. We have a variety of members there, but a strong core of Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic, and Orthodox posters. It is non-debate but specifically discusses how our Traditions interact with various aspects of the faith and how we compare with one another and can learn from one another. Please feel free to drop by! (It is required to read the Statement of Purpose before posting and abide by it, as it is topic driven and not for debate.)

Traditional Theology

Again, welcome to CF and hope to see you there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums