✟11,305.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, I'm new to the forum.
I'm a 20 year old from England, I feel a little weird being here because I've never really been religious, I went to Christian schools and events whilst growing up, but I wouldn't call my myself Christian. However in recent years I've had some rather bad mental health issues and after speaking to a friend of mine who has had similar experiences he suggested I gave it try as it has helped him greatly, so I'm still very new, but I'm trying to learn more about the faith

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm a 20 year old from England, I feel a little weird being here because I've never really been religious, I went to Christian schools and events whilst growing up, but I wouldn't call my myself Christian. However in recent years I've had some rather bad mental health issues and after speaking to a friend of mine who has had similar experiences he suggested I gave it try as it has helped him greatly, so I'm still very new, but I'm trying to learn more about the faith
Welcome to the forums. I hope you have a blessed time here.

Have you been saved yet?

Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey Alice.
I would say I’m not religious either.
Christianity is more of a relationship rather than religion.
Relationship with the Lord our God, our Saviour, lover of our souls.
May you be blessed here.
Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Baby Alice

Sep 3, 2018
Unspecified
✟11,305.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Alice.
I would say I’m not religious either.
Christianity is more of a relationship rather than religion.
Relationship with the Lord our God, our Saviour, lover of our souls.
May you be blessed here.
Welcome to CF!
Thank you, also that sounds like a nice way of putting it :blush:

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does that mean? :sweatsmile:
Good question, friend. :)

In short, this is what the Bible teaches.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." This is the first thing we should understand when it comes to whether or not we will go to heaven when we die. What this means is that we have all committed at least one sin in our life.

Sin is defined as the transgression of God's law. 1 John 3:4 "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." What this means is when God tells us not to do something, and we do it anyway, we break his commandments. If he tells us not to lie, and we lie, we commit a sin. If he tells us not to steal, but we steal anyway, we have committed a sin, etc.

The Bible teaches that sin entered into the world because of man, and not because of God. Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death has passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." So the fact that we are sinners is our fault alone and not God's fault at all.

Because of the sin we commit, there is a penalty. And that penalty is death. Romans 6:23a "For the wages of sin is death;" So we earn this for ourselves and deserve to die for our sin.

But the Bible teaches not only of one death, but of two deaths. Revelation 20:14-15 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." This second death is the death of our soul. The Bible describes this death as everlasting punishment in 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, so it's a punishment that never ends.

We die once according to Hebrews 9:27 and then are judged for our sins. According to God's law, all of us are guilty and deserve death, and we must come to accept this.

However, there's good news. God loves you, and doesn't want you to go to hell, so he sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world as God manifest in the flesh to live a perfect life without sin and to die upon the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." So Jesus came and died that we could be freed from the debt we owe God.

The Bible says that Jesus dying on the cross is a free gift bought and paid for by God himself. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Jesus died for everyone's sins according to 1 John 2:2 and is the sufficient payment for all. On the third day, Jesus rose from the dead as a show of grace from God the Father that our sins have been sufficiently paid for (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

However, even though Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world, not everyone goes to heaven. The Bible asks one time what a person has to do to be saved, and the answer is found in Acts 16:31 which says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." It doesn't say that you have to live good enough for it, go to church for it, do any good works for it; it doesn't say that you can earn it or deserve it. All it says is to place your trust and faith in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he died for your sins, and rose again the third day. Whosoever believes in Jesus will never die, nor experience hell, but will have everlasting life (John 3:16). God promises that once you receive salvation, you will never perish (John 10:28) and no one can snatch you out of his hand, so you can have assurance that you're saved, because God promised you and he cannot lie according to Titus 1:2.

Once you realize all of this and believe it, a person calls upon the name of the Lord to receive salvation according to Romans 10:13. "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

And this is the way we do it according to Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Do you desire to be saved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Baby Alice, Alot of people consider themselves to be Christian but have no idea what being a Christian is. I'm so glad you came here to find out more. Nicolaus Maurer has laid out the short version of what it means to be born again. Jesus said that we have to be born a second time (spiritually speaking) in order to be able to see His kingdom. In other words, He's right here, but you can't receive Him except on His terms. And when you do, you will start walking in Jesus's Light and out of the darkness you've been living in. You have to let your own will die and let Jesus take control of your will, and then you will start walking in new Life---the spiritual Life that swells up inside of you when you are in an intimate spiritual relationship with Jesus and He is the Lord of your life.
When I repented of my own ways and started understanding how to submit to God's rule in my life, I found out what happiness really is! It didn't mean that everything went perfectly for the rest of my life. Being on this planet means having to deal with stuff. That's just the way it is.
Every person on earth has a spiritual enemy (satan) who wants to destroy us. We need God to rescue us from our own sins and from our enemy. That's what being born again is all about. I hope that you will soon ask Jesus to rescue you and to fill you with His Holy Spirit and make you new all the way through.
I have never regretted it and I don't think you will either.
Do you have a Bible?

Upvote 0

Baby Alice

Sep 3, 2018
Unspecified
✟11,305.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Baby Alice, Alot of people consider themselves to be Christian but have no idea what being a Christian is. I'm so glad you came here to find out more. Nicolaus Maurer has laid out the short version of what it means to be born again. Jesus said that we have to be born a second time (spiritually speaking) in order to be able to see His kingdom. In other words, He's right here, but you can't receive Him except on His terms. And when you do, you will start walking in Jesus's Light and out of the darkness you've been living in. You have to let your own will die and let Jesus take control of your will, and then you will start walking in new Life---the spiritual Life that swells up inside of you when you are in an intimate spiritual relationship with Jesus and He is the Lord of your life.
When I repented of my own ways and started understanding how to submit to God's rule in my life, I found out what happiness really is! It didn't mean that everything went perfectly for the rest of my life. Being on this planet means having to deal with stuff. That's just the way it is.
Every person on earth has a spiritual enemy (satan) who wants to destroy us. We need God to rescue us from our own sins and from our enemy. That's what being born again is all about. I hope that you will soon ask Jesus to rescue you and to fill you with His Holy Spirit and make you new all the way through.
I have never regretted it and I don't think you will either.
Do you have a Bible?

I have several, I went to religious schools and they have them out every couple of years. I recently started reading one (starting from the new testament) I'm up to Luke 5 at the moment.

Upvote 0

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm so glad to hear you're reading the Bible. I hope you'll read it all as many times as you need to to understand it. I've been reading it most days for most of my life and I never run out of new things I find in it. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact me! God bless you!

• Friendly
Reactions: Baby Alice
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums