Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Baptist/Anabaptist forum is having one of the periodic spats over whether the Anabaptists are welcome.

One of the things that's been floated is that, rather than sending all six or so Anabaptist members to a brand new forum with only six members, they be moved to a forum they would fit better with.

Well, we're not really part of the Restoration movement, but I have found a lot of RM believers get along well with Anabaptists; in particular, you seem not to be as bothered by people participating in a discussion who don't necessarily agree with everyone else, so even if there are theological differences, they may be seen as livable.

If any of you folks have input, for or against, it'd be welcome. It looks ilke we're about to do some travelling again. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t321...s-and-brethren-where-would-you-rather-go.html

cremi

Chief Executive Domestic Education Diva
Nov 3, 2005
Texas
✟9,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
seebs said:
The Baptist/Anabaptist forum is having one of the periodic spats over whether the Anabaptists are welcome.

One of the things that's been floated is that, rather than sending all six or so Anabaptist members to a brand new forum with only six members, they be moved to a forum they would fit better with.

Well, we're not really part of the Restoration movement, but I have found a lot of RM believers get along well with Anabaptists; in particular, you seem not to be as bothered by people participating in a discussion who don't necessarily agree with everyone else, so even if there are theological differences, they may be seen as livable.

If any of you folks have input, for or against, it'd be welcome. It looks ilke we're about to do some travelling again. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t3218157-anabaptists-quakers-and-brethren-where-would-you-rather-go.html
Does that mean we would have Crazy Liz posting over here?;) Just kidding around. I like her alot!

I'm fine with it, but I am one voice.

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In fact I think accepting the peaceniks into this congregation forum would be exactly what Stone and Campbell would want. It is the pinnacle of "We are Christians only but not the only Christians" and I think we should band together and voice support for the acceptance of these folks who are being driven out of their forum!

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
flesh99 said:
In fact I think accepting the peaceniks into this congregation forum would be exactly what Stone and Campbell would want. It is the pinnacle of "We are Christians only but not the only Christians" and I think we should band together and voice support for the acceptance of these folks who are being driven out of their forum!

:doh::doh::doh:Contrary to what you may have heard we are not being driven out of the B/A forum. It's a popular thing to think but it is wholly incorrect.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I don't know about "driven out". Some members have asked that a new forum be created which we must go to, and that we be prohibited from debating there, and have said that this should be done whether or not any of the Anabaptists want it.

Some of us might not mind it, or might be happier elsewhere anyway, but it's not as if the initial proposal offered us a vote.

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would be willing, more than, to put it to a vote to make this a little more like WWCMC in that anyone be allowed to take part. I think that embodies the spirit of the restoration movement! Of course I am just one of the members here in the RM forum but I would encourage my bretheren to dig deep into the roots of the movement and open our hearts to all who agree with us on the essentials!

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd love to hang out here. I probably disagree with many of you on tons of things, but... I'd rather talk about things with people who can disagree politely than get called names for not being in the exact right branch of a branch of a church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums