Hey Who Believves In Homosexuality because i am christain post your beliefs!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Can you guys please try to think logically before reaching these ridiculous conclusions about homosexuality?

Explain to me how being gay is a choice.

You cannot change how you feel. Fact.

I cannot say to you, "Look at that person over there, you must become sexually attracted to them" and expect you to legitimately become attracted to them.

As straight people, could you become gay if you wanted to? And really MEAN it? Not just have sex with members of the opposite gender just to make God happy, but thoroughly enjoy it?

No you cannot. Now reverse the roles and that is a homosexual's, plight.

Is it fair to discriminate against them because of who they are? If I were to make a thread about how wrong it was to be black and all black people are sinners, imagine the reaction. (Thats not my belief, simply an example) It's no different with your thoughts on homosexuals. You have a "God" (who we have no proof exists) who tells you to aimlessly hate gay people which you say, Yes Sir, and do, without even appplying logic to the situation.

Religion is evil. All kinds of it. It causes gay people to be senselessly hated upon and of course there are far more radical religions.

Upvote 0

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
Believe it or not there are plenty of non religious people that find homosexuality offensive.
Second of all Christians don't hate at all.

Sure. But none of them have any logical reason why they find it offensive - no logical reason that I have seen, anyhow.

As to Christians not hating, godhates****.com is a Christian web site. Attempting to limit the rights of homosexuals is an action of hate and fear, not one of love. And so on.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
Sure. But none of them have any logical reason why they find it offensive - no logical reason that I have seen, anyhow.

As to Christians not hating, godhates****.com is a Christian web site. Attempting to limit the rights of homosexuals is an action of hate and fear, not one of love. And so on.

The website you are referring to has nothing to do with Christianity. Heck Hitler claimed to be a Christian, it didn't make him one.

Upvote 0

tigersnare

Angry Young Calvinist
Jul 8, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
✟1,636.00
Faith
Calvinist
David Gould said:

Just a reference for the rest of your life. Anyone advertising the word "hate" is not following the ways of christ. I don't care what someone says they are, if they go around hating people they are not following the example of christ.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
The website you are referring to has nothing to do with Christianity. Heck Hitler claimed to be a Christian, it didn't make him one.

And what is your response to Christians trying to deny homosexuals the same rights hetrosexuals have - to live together in a state recognised living arrangement that has certain benefits and responsibilities?

To me, the only reason Christians oppose that is hate/fear.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
tigersnare said:
Just a reference for the rest of your life. Anyone advertising the word "hate" is not following the ways of christ. I don't care what someone says they are, if they go around hating people they are not following the example of christ.

People who claim to be Christians and use the word hate are, imo, more honest than those who claim to be Christian and use actions of hate while denying the word.

Those Christians who oppose homosexuals getting the same rights hetrosexuals enjoy are demonstrating by their actions their hate. If you do not think these are true Christians, good on you. You and I can oppose them together.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
People who claim to be Christians and use the word hate are, imo, more honest than those who claim to be Christian and use actions of hate while denying the word.

Those Christians who oppose homosexuals getting the same rights hetrosexuals enjoy are demonstrating by their actions their hate. If you do not think these are true Christians, good on you. You and I can oppose them together.

Fighting what Christians believe to be sin has nothing to do with HATE, and everything to do with love for our fellow man and wanting to see everyone have the same opportunities to be in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
And what is your response to Christians trying to deny homosexuals the same rights hetrosexuals have - to live together in a state recognised living arrangement that has certain benefits and responsibilities?

To me, the only reason Christians oppose that is hate/fear.

Then that is YOUR opinion..but the fact is it has nothing to do with hate.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
Fighting what Christians believe to be sin has nothing to do with HATE, and everything to do with love for our fellow man and wanting to see everyone have the same opportunities to be in Heaven.

The aim of Christianity is to convert people to believe in Christ.

If you prevent people from having the same rights as others - in effect, treating them as a subclass of humanity - how likely do you think it is that you will convert them to belief?

The only way you will get people to listen to you is if they respect you. If you say that they are a subclass of humanity then they will not respect you.

This is why the only possible motives I can see for Christian opposing equal rigths for homosexuals is that they hate them. If they loved them, they would be trying to convert them.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
Then that is YOUR opinion..but the fact is it has nothing to do with hate.

Then explain to me how it is not hate to paint a section of the community as subhuman by denying them the same rights as everyone else.

I look at Christians who profess this view and see hate - as does the homosexual community you are supposedly trying to save from sin.

It is up to you to convince us that it is not hate. If you don't, you won't save us as people do not listen to people who they believe hate them.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
The aim of Christianity is to convert people to believe in Christ.

If you prevent people from having the same rights as others - in effect, treating them as a subclass of humanity - how likely do you think it is that you will convert them to belief?

The only way you will get people to listen to you is if they respect you. If you say that they are a subclass of humanity then they will not respect you.

This is why the only possible motives I can see for Christian opposing equal rigths for homosexuals is that they hate them. If they loved them, they would be trying to convert them.

Well, that's certainly a different way of looking at things...so we accept sinful behavior in order to convert people??
There are lots of people who don't have the same rights..should everyone have what they want just because they want it?
What about pologamy..why should that be illegal?

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
Then explain to me how it is not hate to paint a section of the community as subhuman by denying them the same rights as everyone else.

I look at Christians who profess this view and see hate - as does the homosexual community you are supposedly trying to save from sin.

It is up to you to convince us that it is not hate. If you don't, you won't save us as people do not listen to people who they believe hate them.

I don't have to convince you of anything..you can think what you like. God knows my heart and knows my intentions. You want to bandy around the word hate just because someone tells you they dislike something you do then go ahead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
Well, that's certainly a different way of looking at things...so we accept sinful behavior in order to convert people??
There are lots of people who don't have the same rights..should everyone have what they want just because they want it?
What about pologamy..why should that be illegal?

No, everyone should have the same rights as everyone else. No-one should be treated differently under the law.

You do not have to accept behaviour you consider sinful. However, that has little to do with the issue at hand. Adultery is a sin. Adulterers, however, have exactly the same rights under the law as everyone else. This does not seem to be a problem for Christians. Coveting thy neighbours goods is a sin. Coveters have exactly the same rights under law as everyone else. This does not seem to be a problem for Christians.

When I look at that, I see a specific group singled out for attack. What can possibly motivate such an attack? The only thing I can think of is ... hate.

As for polygamy, I see no reason why that should be illegal, either.

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
I don't have to convince you of anything..you can think what you like. God knows my heart and knows my intentions. You want to bandy around the word hate just because someone tells you they dislike something you do then go ahead.

If you want to convert me to Christianity then you need to convince me that you do not hate me. If you don't want to convert me, then you don't need to bother. It is simple.

As to me bandying the word hate around 'just because someone tells you they dislike something you do' that is not what I am doing.

If it was simply a matter of you disliking something I was doing, why would I worry? But it isn't. Christians are lobbying to prevent homosexuals gaining access to the same rights that hetrosexuals have. That is not dislike; that is an active attempt to cause homosexuals financial and emotional harm.

If you simply disliked homosexual sex - and I find the idea of homosexual sex pretty disgusting but each to their own - then why would I have a problem?

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
David Gould said:
If you want to convert me to Christianity then you need to convince me that you do not hate me. If you don't want to convert me, then you don't need to bother. It is simple.

As to me bandying the word hate around 'just because someone tells you they dislike something you do' that is not what I am doing.

If it was simply a matter of you disliking something I was doing, why would I worry? But it isn't. Christians are lobbying to prevent homosexuals gaining access to the same rights that hetrosexuals have. That is not dislike; that is an active attempt to cause homosexuals financial and emotional harm.

If you simply disliked homosexual sex - and I find the idea of homosexual sex pretty disgusting but each to their own - then why would I have a problem?

Homosexuals have the same rights anyone else has, what they want is for their morally wrong behavior to be recognized and accepted as "normal" even though most of us know it is not.
You have the right to fight for those"rights'" and I have the right to fight against them..so what is your problem?

Upvote 0

David Gould

May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
sweetkitty said:
Homosexuals have the same rights anyone else has, what they want is for their morally wrong behavior to be recognized and accepted as "normal" even though most of us know it is not.
You have the right to fight for those"rights'" and I have the right to fight against them..so what is your problem?

They do not have the same rights anyone else has.

They cannot gain the financial and social benefits that marrying the person you love gives to hetrosexuals.

Adultery is morally wrong, according to Christians. Why aren't you out there campaigning against the right of adulterers to gain the financial and social benefits that marrying the person you love brings?

What about coveters? Why should they be able to benefit in the same way all the non-coveters can?

Why do you single out homosexuality?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.