• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Hey, new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alisha1174852, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Alisha1174852

Alisha1174852 New Member

+27
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hey everyone,
    Thought I would introduce myself real quick. I am 17, I live in Washington, I have been a Christian since I was 9, I was raised in a Christian family of 8, now 10 with my sisters married. I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, about 7 miles from a tiny town, not very many churches in the area. So I decided to try out this Spanish church for the first time, a family friend is the pastor, I didn't know barely any Spanish, it fascinated me, so I began studying it, with every spare minute, 2 years later, I understand most of it without translators and I am in the Spanish worship team singing for the Lord. It has been so incredible worshipping the Lord in that church. Before this I became a Sunday school teacher for the toddlers, who became the loves of my life, I can't imagine ever leaving my kids.
    And also I became assistant Youth Leader, out of necessity, I never was good with teenagers, I was homeschooled, never really with kids my age, I didn't know how to speak with them. I am terrible at public speaking.
    I am finishing my two year college degree in general arts this fall, then I hope to open a daycare here in my little town. I have it all planned:)
    I am also a part-time barista in my town, I get to talk with the older farmers that come into the shop and I was shocked when they wanted to talk politics and religion with me! A teenage girl. So I started studying there, everything. But what excited me most was I was ministering to the men there without realizing it, I only answered the questions they drilled me with, until one would come in, and say to me that I got him back to reading the Bible after 20 years. This is one of my most exciting ministries, is at my little coffee shop job.
    I am very passionate about pro-life, pro-guns because its only constitutional and I do believe the school system is corrupted. I studied that as well, I know all the kids I know who went to college came back pro-choice and democrats... I believe it is very corrupted, I've listened intently to their reasoning and I cannot begin to find the logic in their beliefs... Its concerning.
    I am very devoted to studying God's Word, I love to research the original meanings in the greek and I fully believe that the KJV is the most accurate and best translation of the Bible.
    I believe Jesus is God, and part of the Triune God, They are all separate AND one but our earthly minds cannot comprehend their level of unity and independence.
    I believe Baptism is very important, as God commanded us to get it, but it is not the point of salvation.
    I believe that the LGTBQ group is against God's natural will for man, but should be treated with respect, just as we respect all people from different religions no matter how much we disagree.
    Thank you all for reading, I have posted one post on this site and I was amazed at some of the wisdom and advice an internet site could provide thanks to all of you!
    May God bless you, and keep you
    -Sister in Christ

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GospelS

GospelS :) being gospel ✞ ✟ ✝ † Supporter

+2,099
    India
    Christian
    Single
    :hi:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Jesus is my Superhero

Jesus is my Superhero Active Member

+225
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome! The only time I was ever 17 was 1975. :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,406
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Hi there! Welcome to CF. I hope you find your time here edifying.

Maybe they are not used to young people like you being interested and engaged with religion? I think the stereotype is that people your age usually don't believe in God these days, so I can imagine that they are probably impressed that you'll talk about it. I don't know. Just a guess. Anyway, that's really neat. I'm glad that this is something that you do. :oldthumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Alisha1174852

Alisha1174852 New Member

+27
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Nice to meet you! Thanks! That's good, it must mean you have a lot of wisdom and experience to share, God bless you!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Alisha1174852

Alisha1174852 New Member

+27
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Maybe that's it! They always seem super surprised. It's really sad to see that they are right with that stereotype, most all teenagers I meet don't think they need God until their 40s, if at all.
    I think you're right, I'm a bit different then what theyre used to. Thank you for replying! Nice meeting you, may God bless you,

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,569
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome Alisha! I was 17 in 1972.

Sounds like you have good plans.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,882
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Hi Alisha,

Welcome to CF!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+3,859
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome! It's refreshing to hear about your wholesome and realistic values and background.

There are many wise and helpful people here...and then there are others.

Be sure to "Put on the whole armor of God", and I hope you enjoy your time here!

10. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+41,260
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome to CF! Enjoy your time here and be careful!

11. Deade

Deade Called of God Angels Team Supporter

+1,438
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hello Alisha,
    welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hi-wave.gif

[​IMG]

12. kingsdaughter85

kingsdaughter85 Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors

+1,295
    Albania
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome Alisha and God bless you❤️

13. Olly Vie

Olly Vie New Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Alisha1174852, I must say that I love your passion for God and how you go all out for what you believe in. Its such a great strength. To the extent of learning Spanish to be able to fellowship with the church. I bet you, there is nothing you cannot do when you put your heart to it. Keep shining at your corner. May be the shop is your pulpit or platform that God knows that you have access to that God is using you to minister to others. Do it with all the passion and ask God for wisdom for maximum impact in people’s life. Find a way of chipping in Gods salvation, redemption, restoration, grace and heaven.

The education is as good as its meant to be to the world in general. Taking God out of any system or institution makes it world’s standard. The bible says that even though we are in the world, we are not of it. We as believers will have to make our faith attractive to them.

Check this out and I think you might find it helpful for great resources material . Am cheering you on. Keep the faith enjoy each day that God blessed you with.

14. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,182
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome here.