Brisbane Australia
✟17,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey as the title suggests i need prayer and lots of it.

I have decided to make a few changes in my life and some will be alot harder than others, so please pray for me for which ever oneyou like.

After 5yrs of drinking, and seeing my friends and family sucked into this void that isn't healthy i have decided to stop drinking forever, this wont be so hard except for the odd occasion like the footy and also Christmas at my sisters place where her husband and my dad always try and get me to drink and more often or not i fall into that trap and end up belly up and end up sleeping Christmas day :sleep: :sick:

After 7yrs of smoking like a chimney i have decided this has to go, now as some of you may well know this WILL be hard especially because i have a few smoking friends, but the hardest part will be mum smoking around me so HEAPS of prayer with this one thanks alot :thumbsup:

I have decided to cut ties with alot of my aquaintances as i learnt today that they only use me for what i can do for them so i have made the tough call to cut them out of my life :sigh:

and finally the toughest one of them all

I have decided to stop going to concerts and all that for 6 months and if any of you know me personally you will know how hard this will be for me its just God has put on my heart about doing OTHER things to glorify him :hug:

Reactions: Sharky

Gentileone

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Salisbury S.A
✟14,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey this is mighty Brad

You go for it and as i allways say we can do the possible but God does the impossible.

I was simmiliar to you brad but i was a an drug addict aswell.

Dont cut yourself of completly to your friends, but i do recommend to get strong b4 you see them again.
Become an example, for Jesus come to the sinners and dwelt amongst them.
I can sit with my friends whilst they do there stuff and it doesnt tempt me, and infact one of my closest friends have given up drugs aswell. What a mighty God.

I just prayed to my Father and he took them all away, it was very easy to give the ciggys up but the drugs was a fight.

I do get tempted sometimes but i get determined and tell that unclean spirit to go away/get behind me.

Im praying for ya Brad and i Know you will succeed coz God can do all things

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
anett said:
This is awesome! I'm with you in prayers and never forget: if you fall, don't say it's over, get up and fight even more harder!!!

I agree. That's an awful lot of habits to change at one go.

I do know what you mean though because I'm going through a habit changing thing at the moment myself. When I'm through I'll tell ya'll about it.

Reactions: GaelSong
Upvote 0

GaelSong

gaelstrom
Sep 24, 2004
✟50,702.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Congratulations on all the wonderful changes you are making in your life. I too have recently given up drinking which will, like you, only be a problem a couple of times a year. Smoking! hhmmm. Yep trashed them too, not easy as my husband smokes, but prayer for you on the way!
As to giving up friends, well your intuition (what I believe is the Holy Spirit prompting) will let you know the right and wrong people to surround yourself with.
I commend you on your life changes. Well done!

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Also, the other thing about giving up friends, is you need to pray some friends in to your life. The good kind that will listen and be supportive (particularly of the changes you are trying to make) Also encourage you in your walk with God. Ill do that for you now (pray for you to have some new friends)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

Ellie_May

Go for it mate!
My prayers are with you as you try and make your life as good as it possibly can be. I too have had experience with people who only speak to me because of what I can do for them. Trust me you are better off finding friends and aquantances who respect you, who you can trust and who you can be yourself around.

Good Luck and let us all know how you're going.:thumbsup:

Ellen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolflily

Saved by the Grace of God, thank you Jesus!
Jan 8, 2004
New Hampshire, USA
✟10,794.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brad, you go!!! :hug:
That IS a lot of change at once, and I would exhort you to keep in mind something that God brought to me and our worship team at our retreat a couple of weekends ago concerning 'idols' and other temptations...baby steps are ok. You may fall in all or some of these areas from time to time, but the important thing is that you pick yourself back up, and with Jesus' strength, keep going. It's better to take small steps in the right direction than to not step at all or take big leaps and fall back to the ground in defeat.
Each day is a new day to live for the Lord, and ultimately our purpose is to glorify His name. I pray you will be blessed for your obedience and will find strength in the face of temptation, and peace and courage to go on when you fall. Satan will be working that much harder to undo all your good and worthy intentions, so be on guard!

I am gunning for you, pal...
:hug:
Wolf

Upvote 0

charisfyodora

Mar 12, 2005
brisvegas
✟157.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hey brad!

i cant say that i know what its like to have been smoking or drinking for as long as you but I do know how hard it is to stop that stuff...
i been in church all my life but started flirting with the stuff of the world the last couple of years, all the while doing the church thing. it was like a
cycle though...on off on off...but last year was the cracker of all! you know same old story...i had been on the straight and narrow for months and then my cousin wanted to go out so i thought why not thinking that it wouldnt affect me...dont ever fool urself into believing that ****! every little thing counts...the people you hang with, the situations you put urself in...honestly, we aren't strong enough to be christians alone!

i fully know that you could rip it up BIG TIME for God (I mean I've read a couple of your posts and u seem like a real champ...dont get a big head though lol) but you gota want Him more than sin. Sorry to be
such a hardnut but I learnt this the hard way...I just thank God that He's got a whole lota grace for us! But yeah, its awesome to hear you cut off some relationships (even tho it sucks in the other sense)...I had to do that and its hard but you become like who you hang with...when you hang with people you give them the right to influence your life so you gota think who do you want speaking into your life?

As for not going to concerts...DANG that must suck to the days! The one thing I loved about clubbing was the music, just being fully surrounded by it and getting lost in it. But i know that I cant even go back into the club, even for one night because I am weak...and besides it would be stupid knowing my history!

Anyways enough waffling. I just want you to know I fully feel ya and I commend you on what ur doing and heo yeah, i got your back in prayer!
keeo it real brad...dont compromise for anyone or anything!

Upvote 0