Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
WooHoo...rolled the thread!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway for those of you who didn't read the last post here it is:

Hi everyone:wave:

Well the good news is that I did great on the reading comprehension....the bad news is that I only needed one more correct answer on the math portion of the test. I only have to re take the math and have to wait at least 30 days before retaking it. But I am determined that I WILL pass that test when I take it next time...I WILL!

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wow you guys just keep rolling along. Now we are on #3 of the thread. I took yesterday off work for some medical stuff (tests) and took my mom in law shopping. She has Macular degeneration and it is very hard for her to get out and do that. She can walk to her local grocery store to shop but that is about it. She used to Live to Shop if you know what I mean. Then we went out for dinner with relatives last night and back to work to day. Then I got a crown on my tooth and back home to make dinner for my homestay student and the rest of the gang. WHew I am tired. Why am I sitting at the computer lol Think I will call it a night. Love to all talk to you soon. Jan

Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WooHoo...rolled the thread!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway for those of you who didn't read the last post here it is:

Hi everyone:wave:

Well the good news is that I did great on the reading comprehension....the bad news is that I only needed one more correct answer on the math portion of the test. I only have to re take the math and have to wait at least 30 days before retaking it. But I am determined that I WILL pass that test when I take it next time...I WILL!

Mary, don't be discouraged at this. Just draw strength. You can do this, and you will do better the next time.

When I wanted to go back and get a teacher's certificate I had been out of school about 7 years, and I had not done any math for at least 10 years. I have a BA in psychology, but I had gone through calculus, so was well versed in math. But here's the challenge--what you don't use gets pretty rusty.

I had to take an entrance exam to get into an accelerated teaching program. Guess what, I had difficulty with math, too. I remember sitting at the exam looking at a square root sign with a little three next to the symbol and wondering "what's that?" It took me almost a minute to remember that it was asking for the root of a cubed number. Precious time wasted. So I didn't do too well on math either, and had to brush up.

But I did eventually get through the required credits, get my teaching certificate and teach for several years.

Mary, it's pretty normal to have to brush up on math. Just encourage yourself and go on. You can do this!

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow you guys just keep rolling along. Now we are on #3 of the thread. I took yesterday off work for some medical stuff (tests) and took my mom in law shopping. She has Macular degeneration and it is very hard for her to get out and do that. She can walk to her local grocery store to shop but that is about it. She used to Live to Shop if you know what I mean. Then we went out for dinner with relatives last night and back to work to day. Then I got a crown on my tooth and back home to make dinner for my homestay student and the rest of the gang. WHew I am tired. Why am I sitting at the computer lol Think I will call it a night. Love to all talk to you soon. Jan

Jan, you are such an amazing person. I see God's gracious love in you. You are so precious. Surely God's goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life.

Be blessed, my dear sister in the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abigayle's Legacy

Senior Contributor
Aug 9, 2006
✟29,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Jan...sounds like a lot is going on for you.
Well I am sending you some of these (((Jan)))

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Marmie...you are good at everything and for someone who had worked ALL day had to pee and was hungry you did an AMAZING JOB and I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...
((((M))))
come to the cafe please pretty please.

LOL!!^_^ Thanks for the laugh!:hug:

Sounds like you had a very busy day!:hug:

Mary, don't be discouraged at this. Just draw strength. You can do this, and you will do better the next time.

When I wanted to go back and get a teacher's certificate I had been out of school about 7 years, and I had not done any math for at least 10 years. I have a BA in psychology, but I had gone through calculus, so was well versed in math. But here's the challenge--what you don't use gets pretty rusty.

I had to take an entrance exam to get into an accelerated teaching program. Guess what, I had difficulty with math, too. I remember sitting at the exam looking at a square root sign with a little three next to the symbol and wondering "what's that?" It took me almost a minute to remember that it was asking for the root of a cubed number. Precious time wasted. So I didn't do too well on math either, and had to brush up.

But I did eventually get through the required credits, get my teaching certificate and teach for several years.

Mary, it's pretty normal to have to brush up on math. Just encourage yourself and go on. You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement.:hug: I am going to be studying math before taking that test again!

Hi Peeps! How is everyone doing?

It looks like we'll be getting our marriage license today or next week!! I can't wait! Yahoo!

So when is the wedding going to be?:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.