• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Heroes

Discussion in 'The Small Screen' started by SeRapH&CheRi, Sep 25, 2006.

1. jonnyboy12

jonnyboy12 Repeat after me.... There is no H in Jonny

+3,384
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    thanks GM, make me get all excited and then i find out i can't play cause i'm not in the UK.... ;)

as to the reps... i think it has to do with the pop up of these types of threads...

here
    here
    and here

(there are alot more of these if you look around)

2. Live4HimAndLoveOthers

Live4HimAndLoveOthers Member

+40
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sorry, don't know how to hide spoilers.

Sylar is going to use Maya to accomplish his 'mission' since he is powerless.

What Maya is wanted for is something really freaky.

Old news from back in March:
    A husband-and-wife team of artists have sued NBC Universal and the creators of Heroes for allegedly pilfering the artist-who-paints-the-future plotline from a short story they wrote several years ago, an idea they also exhibited in a painting..
    http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=99104c20-c5db-4982-a7f9-b09944ab0126

3. GreenMunchkin

GreenMunchkin Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things. Supporter

+6,771
    Christian
    Married
  4. jonnyboy12

+3,384
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    " The Heroes games are only available to users situated within the UK."

5. GreenMunchkin

GreenMunchkin Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things. Supporter

+6,771
    Christian
    Married
    Ugh! Am sorry, dude :(

6. jonnyboy12

+3,384
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    thats okay. enjoy playing it for me!!! ok???

7. snoochface

snoochface Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Memo to NBC: Enough. With. The. Sub-titles. :doh:

8. JAS4Yeshua

JAS4Yeshua Servant of the Lord Supporter

+1,015
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    US-Republican
    You expect the non English speaking people to suddenly start speaking English, or that everyone's just going to understand? :p ;)

9. Nanee5

Nanee5 Master of all I survey

+120
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I don't mind them, and my 6 year old is practicing his reading. :)

10. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+6,178
    Christian
    Married
    As for subtitles, I enjoy hearing the "native" language and reading the subtitles -- though I will admit that I'm in a minority of Americans. I've also seen the way subtitles can improve language skills (and even help people learn a language).

Where I get upset is at the stupid NBC marketing department. I know it has been previously mentioned how they seem to make promises about what will be "revealed", only to find that the show doesn't really answer the question at all. This week was another prime example where they implied we'd learn who was "good" and who is "evil". Rather, this week it appears many of the people are a mix of good and evil and muddied the water as to what group/heroes are actually trying to do "good".

11. snoochface

snoochface Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Heh, no. ;) I do wish they would space it out a bit more between episodes, though. No fewer than three separate story lines last night were using sub-titles. I like to watch TV, not read it ^_^

Oh, and if they must use them so frequently, I wish they would stop putting white text up against the sky, or some guy's pale blue shirt, so at least they can be read!

That's a good way to look at it. Maybe I should try to pick up some Japanese or Spanish along the way. :p

12. Redguard

Redguard Make It So, Number One!

+1,773
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Liberals
    Maya really needs to do something about her eye infections.

13. knownbeforetime

knownbeforetime Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power

+387
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Who agrees that West turned a little creepy last night?

14. Nienor

Nienor why so serious

+333
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Green
    *raises hand*

15. FatBurger

FatBurger 14% + Jesus = victory Supporter

+865
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Others
    Me too - but I still think he's just a bad actor :D

16. knownbeforetime

knownbeforetime Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power

+387
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    This is most likely bad writing but, last week, West said that he didn't ever want to see Claire hurt and this week he's throwing her down from great heights... What the heck happened?

17. FatBurger

FatBurger 14% + Jesus = victory Supporter

+865
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Others
    Huh, good point.

18. Nanee5

+120
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Ok.. I know some of you haven't finished watching yet, but I just have to say.... OH MY GOSH, BECKY!! WHAT AN EPISODE!!!

19. happydance

happydance Well-Known Member

+63
    Seeker
    Private
    The preview for next weeks episode looked good.
    It will be nice to get some answers to what occurred between season 1 and 2.

20. Nanee5

+120
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Yeah.. looks awesome! *happydancing...lalalala*