here helping my gramma 86 yrs old find a church

MissChar

Aug 2, 2013
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
i care for my gramma who cant walk is 86 soon to be 87 years old. she wants to go to church but I do not attend any nor am I willing to but she has devoted her life to her beliefs and it pains me that i can't seem to find a local fellowship that would be willing to pick her up like they used to on Sunday. Im by LAX in LA Ca. if anyone can help i surely would appreciate it. she is Pentecostal baptist

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i care for my gramma who cant walk is 86 soon to be 87 years old. she wants to go to church but I do not attend any nor am I willing to but she has devoted her life to her beliefs and it pains me that i can't seem to find a local fellowship that would be willing to pick her up like they used to on Sunday. Im by LAX in LA Ca. if anyone can help i surely would appreciate it. she is Pentecostal baptist

I think all you can do is widen your search and call more churches, Baptist, Pentecostal, and those that are close to either--non-denominational, for instance. It's sad, though, to think that there are churches that put a lot of energy into some mission field overseas and think they're doing God's work, even sacrificially, but at the same time won't help a fellow Christian in need here.

Upvote 0

MissChar

Aug 2, 2013
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
it is very sad seeing as how she was always there for anything they ever asked of her and she paid her ties monthly no faulting ever. disgusted.

I think all you can do is widen your search and call more churches, Baptist, Pentecostal, and those that are close to either--non-denominational, for instance. It's sad, though, to think that there are churches that put a lot of energy into some mission field overseas and think they're doing God's work, even sacrificially, but at the same time won't help a fellow Christian in need here.

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it is very sad seeing as how she was always there for anything they ever asked of her and she paid her ties monthly no faulting ever. disgusted.

It's not the Churches responsibility to offer rides. It is however a luxury that some Churches do offer. But you don't even want to give your own Grandmother a ride so I'd say that it's rather rude of you to expect the Church to do so when you're not even taking care of your own family. Bite the bullet and take your Grandmother to Church yourself.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I don't blame you. I've witnessed this kind of thing repeatedly. However, if I were you, I'd be sure I'd exhausted all reasonable possibilities (churches) because there are some that just don't have the personnel to assist with such a situation--on any kind of regular basis--while some others actually are geared for this kind of thing. You don't want to be stymied because you didn't get to the right one with your request.

Upvote 0

MissChar

Aug 2, 2013
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Yes when she was a devoted member of any church she ever went to she dedicated herself to giving those LUXURY that you speak of...i don't have a car AND I CARE FOR HER @$ HRS A DAY !@ MONTHS A YEAR DO NOT TELL ME WHAT I DO NOT DO. BY MYSELF MIGHT I ADD. Its people like you that make athiest.

It's not the Churches responsibility to offer rides. It is however a luxury that some Churches do offer. But you don't even want to give your own Grandmother a ride so I'd say that it's rather rude of you to expect the Church to do so when you're not even taking care of your own family. Bite the bullet and take your Grandmother to Church yourself.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If every Church offered rides to all it's members they would need a fleet of buses.

Maybe the Church should give her a place to live and pay her bills too.

Why they're at it maybe they should send someone out to spoon feed her too.

Generally it's the responsibility of relatives to provide for the elderly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 20, 2013
✟15,829.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
If every Church offered rides to all it's members they would need a fleet of buses.

Maybe the Church should give her a place to live and pay her bills too.

Why they're at it maybe they should send someone out to spoon feed her too.

Generally it's the responsibility of relatives to provide for the elderly.

Maybe the church SHOULD care for its elderly members!

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe the church SHOULD care for its elderly members!

Maybe Churches should become Assisted Living Centers and give up their non-profit status.

Then instead of saying "I'm going to Church" we could say "I'm going to the old folks home to play Canasta".

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2013
✟15,829.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Maybe Churches should become Assisted Living Centers and give up their non-profit status.

Then instead of saying "I'm going to Church" we could say "I'm going to the old folks home to play Canasta".

Like the OP, people like you are the very reason why I will never set foot in a church again either :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't need any excuses!

Then why make one.

The scriptures say not to forsake the assembling of the body of Christ.

If you're looking for a perfect Church filled with perfect people you are going to be looking for a long time.

Saying that you just don't go because you don't like some of the people is a cop out.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2013
✟15,829.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Then why make one.

The scriptures say not to forsake the assembling of the body of Christ.

If you're looking for a perfect Church filled with perfect people you are going to be looking for a long time.

Saying that you just don't go because you don't like some of the people is a cop out.

You have no idea why I don't go, so you are in no position to judge anyone, so kindly refrain from it - thank you!

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have no idea why I don't go, so you are in no position to judge anyone, so kindly refrain from it - thank you!

Umm...I know exactly what you told me...that people are the reason you don't go...see quoted post below:
Like the OP, people like you are the very reason why I will never set foot in a church again either :(

Upvote 0