Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high?
28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place.
29 From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. - Job 39

* An eagle in flight can reputedly sight a rabbit two miles away.
* The retina's fovea has one million cells per mm2 as compared to 200,000 per mm2 in humans.
* An eyesight estimated at 4 to 8 times stronger than that of the average human.
* Their eyes are stated to be larger in size than their brain, by weight
* Eagle tears moisten the eyes and contain the chemical lysozyme which protects against salt water and also destroys bacteria, thus preventing eye infections. The first chemical synthesis of a lysozyme protein was finally achieved in 2007 by Thomas Durek in Steve Kent's lab at the University of Chicago who made a synthetic functional lysozyme molecule.
* Generally, eagles do not suffer from myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness); those who have these defects cannot hunt easily and eventually starve to death. - Eagle eye - Wikipedia

The design of the eagle was a tough one!

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The eye of a cat. Not as interesting as the eagle, but fascinating all the same. I believe it took some thought to design such an instrument.
2013Animals___Cats_Blue_cat_s_eye_045427_29.jpg

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
The eye of a cat. Not as interesting as the eagle, but fascinating all the same. I believe it took some thought to design such an instrument.
Check out the eyes of the octopus - a mollusc that evolved eyes independently of ours, yet developed with a very similar instrument albeit with some fundamental structural differences.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟735,303.00
Faith
Humanist
The eyes of a mantis shrimp. This crustacean has the most complex visual system in the entire animal kingdom. Where humans have three different kinds of photoreceptors that enables us to see in color, the mantis shrimp has up to 16 different kinds, giving them color vision ranging from deep ultraviolet to infrared, as well as the ability to see polarised light, something no other animal is known to do. Obviously someone must have thought it was more important to design this system than it was dealing with humans and higher animals. :)

a6thquhfhn241.jpg

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We're doing the 'eye is so amazing that it couldn't have from evolution! It had to be created!' argument? Really?

The eyes of a mantis shrimp. This crustacean has the most complex visual system in the entire animal kingdom. Where humans have three different kinds of photoreceptors that enables us to see in color, the mantis shrimp has up to 16 different kinds, giving them color vision ranging from deep ultraviolet to infrared, as well as the ability to see polarised light, something no other animal is known to do. Obviously someone must have thought it was more important to design this system than it was dealing with humans and higher animals. :)

View attachment 280289
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. - Luke 11:34-35
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. - Genesis 6:5-6

I do not believe the eye the Lord was talking about was the actual eye... But the imagination. The rods and cones take in a lot of information and it is the imagination that makes representation of it. The imagination takes the information from the memory banks and conjures up a great deal of thought. It is believed that the storage capacity of the mind is around 2.5 petabytes

storage-petabyte_mobile.png

To build memory requires study. And I believe that we will all end up building a representation of the universe in different perspective than any other. I am not interested in doing the 'eye is so amazing that it couldn't have from evolution! It had to be created!' As much as I am interested in building imagination.

Thanks Herman Hedning for your input. I will study this mantis shrimp creature and see what I can come up with. The first thought is that it does not have much of a mind to make use of all that data the eye takes in!

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. - Luke 11:34-35
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. - Genesis 6:5-6

I do not believe the eye the Lord was talking about was the actual eye... But the imagination. The rods and cones take in a lot of information and it is the imagination that makes representation of it. The imagination takes the information from the memory banks and conjures up a great deal of thought. It is believed that the storage capacity of the mind is around 2.5 petabytes

storage-petabyte_mobile.png

To build memory requires study. And I believe that we will all end up building a representation of the universe in different perspective than any other. I am not interested in doing the 'eye is so amazing that it couldn't have from evolution! It had to be created!' As much as I am interested in building imagination.

Thanks Herman Hedning for your input. I will study this mantis shrimp creature and see what I can come up with. The first thought is that it does not have much of a mind to make use of all that data the eye takes in!

All this post tells me is that this is a serious argument from incredulity on your part, and this whole thread REALLY is just a rehash of the old the 'eye is so amazing that it couldn't have from evolution! It had to be created!' argument.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
All this post tells me is that this is a serious argument from incredulity on your part, and this whole thread REALLY is just a rehash of the old the 'eye is so amazing that it couldn't have from evolution! It had to be created!' argument.
And incredulity on your part as well.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
And incredulity on your part as well.

Not really.
The evolution of the eye via natural processes can be shown, and it's not a hard topic to look up on the internet. To claim that it was created by a deity, when the process and science behind it can easily looked up online, is a claim from incredulity.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Not really.
The evolution of the eye via natural processes can be shown, and it's not a hard topic to look up on the internet. To claim that it was created by a deity, when the process and science behind it can easily looked up online, is a claim from incredulity.
Reality and representations of the mind can be two different things. I do not believe in evolution as it takes a mind to design such things.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Reality and representations of the mind can be two different things. I do not believe in evolution as it takes a mind to design such things.

Again: an argument from incredulity. Because you cannot perceive of it happening, does not mean that you are right. The theory of evolution can be backed up with science and evidence. Creation does not.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Again: an argument from incredulity. Because you cannot perceive of it happening, does not mean that you are right. The theory of evolution can be backed up with science and evidence. Creation does not.
Not all scientists felt that way.... "Newton saw God as the masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation." - Religious views of Isaac Newton - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Not all scientists felt that way.... "Newton saw God as the masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation." - Religious views of Isaac Newton - Wikipedia

And? Newton was alive from the mid 17th century to early 18th. Scientifically, they knew very little.
Also, another fallacy; argument from authority. Still doesn't make your claims true.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And? Newton was alive from the mid 17th century to early 18th. Scientifically, they knew very little.
Also, another fallacy; argument from authority. Still doesn't make your claims true.
So.... We count each other as fools. Isaac Newton also believed...

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

The timeline of earth draws to a close! In which we will find out who is right, and who is foolish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
So.... We count each other as fools. Isaac Newton also believed...

I'm not saying you're a fool at all. I'm just saying: you're making a lot of extraordinary claims and doing nothing to back them up except using fallacious reasoning.
It's not doing anything to make think that you are right.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

The cat may not have as sharp an eyesight as the eagle, but she can see in the dark and is equally keen in detecting her pray using her focused hearing and her acute sense of touch and smell. A cat has about twenty-four movable whiskers, in four sets on each upper lip on either side of its nose. These permit the cat to create a three-dimensional map of her surroundings. They aid sensation and navigation by enabling a cat to know that it is near obstacles without needing to see them, just like any disturbance (distraction) in our spiritual man informs us of worldly affections (obstacles) we need to avoid.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Weird bit here: domesticated cats eyes have the slit pupil
Eyes-slit-596824.jpg

While wild cats, including the big cats, have round, almost human shaped pupils:
wild-cats-eyes-closeup.jpg

This is due to the fact that domesticated cats, largely and historically, are nocturnal predators over their bigger cousins who are diurnal (day-time) predators.

This article, Cats' eyes in sight, does a short but sweet job of explaining it.

And I'm not agreeing with the OP's sentiment, just pointing something out.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high?
28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place.
29 From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. - Job 39

* An eagle in flight can reputedly sight a rabbit two miles away.
* The retina's fovea has one million cells per mm2 as compared to 200,000 per mm2 in humans.
* An eyesight estimated at 4 to 8 times stronger than that of the average human.
* Their eyes are stated to be larger in size than their brain, by weight
* Eagle tears moisten the eyes and contain the chemical lysozyme which protects against salt water and also destroys bacteria, thus preventing eye infections. The first chemical synthesis of a lysozyme protein was finally achieved in 2007 by Thomas Durek in Steve Kent's lab at the University of Chicago who made a synthetic functional lysozyme molecule.
* Generally, eagles do not suffer from myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness); those who have these defects cannot hunt easily and eventually starve to death. - Eagle eye - Wikipedia

The design of the eagle was a tough one!

Yeah, isn't evolution wonderful!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,975.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Another interesting fact of the eagle is in that she can build great nests and raise a family from on high.

27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. - Job 39:27-29

As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings... - Deuteronomy 32:11

While tending to their nesting duties, non-releasable Bald Eagles ‘Franklin’ and ‘Independence,’ cared for by the non-profit American Eagle Foundation (www.eagles.org), recently survived severe storms that passed through the East Tennessee area. “During the high winds and intense thunder showers, I intently watched the eagle nest day and night from a video camera available over the Internet,” said AEF President Al Cecere. “It always amazes me how the parent birds faithfully cover the eggs and young with their body and wings during severe weather, even when chunks of hail are pounding on their backs.” - Bald Eagle Nesting Pair Survives Tornado-like Storms; Egg Hatches – American Eagle Foundation

The nest of two Milford bald eagles managed to withstand bad weather from earlier this week. The pair had previously lost their nest and one of their eggs in a major windstorm in February. The birds came back and worked to fix up their nest. - Milford bald eagle nest survives high winds

13371866_G.jpg

The Eagles nest is also another wonder of creation. This nest can withstand hurricane like winds and can be very heavy.

bald-eagle-in-nest-021820.png

Upvote 0