Lancaster County
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He did no such thing. He kept every single one that applied to him. And they aren't "Jewish laws". They are YHWH's laws.

You are assuming pork was forbidden for health concerns. That may be a secondary reason, but the primary reason was holiness (Leviticus 11:45-46).

Yeshua (Jesus) did the spiritual work of healing on the Sabbath. He did not do secular work like carpentry on Sabbath. All Sabbath keepers today can do all the spiritual work they want on Sabbath since YHWH did not forbid such work. Yes, we should show love to others on Sabaath as well as the other six work days. However, it is not showing love to your neighbor to go help him weed his garden or mow his lawn on Sabbath. That is actually showing a lack of love for him and YHWH.

We are not to purposely break the commandments because we know we will be forgiven. Since our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, we are not to defile them by eating swine's flesh or writing graffiti all over them. Would you write graffiti on Solomon's Temple if it were still standing?

Is tattooing "adorning" or "defacing"?

Art can be beautiful and creative as long as it does not defile or deface the temple of the Holy Spirit. It changes the image God created us with.

I'm not saying that we should break Commandments, but Jesus set us free from the laws. But the Ten Commandments still stick. And I don't believe anyone should get permanent tattoos, but what's wrong with a temporary tattoo? Nothing. Also, they were laws given to Jews by God, so, yeah, they were Jewish laws.

And I work on some Sundays, so does that make me evil?? LOL

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying that we should break Commandments, but Jesus set us free from the laws. But the Ten Commandments still stick. And I don't believe anyone should get permanent tattoos, but what's wrong with a temporary tattoo? Nothing. Also, they were laws given to Jews by God, so, yeah, they were Jewish laws.

And I work on some Sundays, so does that make me evil?? LOL
You said the Ten Commandments still stick, but then you question whether or not you are evil for working on some Sundays. Are you unaware that the Sabbath is from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday? The Almighty could care less if you work on Sunday, but if you work on the 7th day, then you break the 4th of the Ten Commandments.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2018
Lancaster County
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You said the Ten Commandments still stick, but then you question whether or not you are evil for working on some Sundays. Are you unaware that the Sabbath is from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday? The Almighty could care less if you work on Sunday, but if you work on the 7th day, then you break the 4th of the Ten Commandments.

I'm a Christian not a Jew. I don't appreciate you disrespecting me. Now please leave

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't mean I have to be a Jew to post on here
True. But as you are not MJ, you cannot teach against our core beliefs.

One of those is that the Sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday. So your working on a Sunday is A-OK.

Upvote 0