Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m sorry if this turns into something long before I begin and thank you to whoever takes the time to read this, I’m currently 19 I grew up in church but for a couple months from 16-17 I took God serious at his word and became born again I had understanding of Ecclesiastes without the life experience of it so I over a period of months after committing my life to Christ the deceitfulness of this life drew me away from my put devotion to Christ and when it came time to fight my sins, I eventually stopped fighting and let it overtake me for a number of years, a couple months ago after tasting the rotten fruit I produced from living in sin and chasing the things of this world I now know Ecclesiastes from experience and regret how I’ve lived not only from the rotten fruit but the fact I turned my back on God, I was 17 but that doesn’t take away the responsibility, I’ve been struggling through trying to get my relationship with God right but I’m hitting this brick wall, where it feels like the spirit departed and won’t come back, it’s my only hope in this life and grieving the one thing that gives us life is a huge regret, I feel stuck in this quicksand of my own evil and all I feel is broken and depressed, I’m slowly accepting God forgives all who come to him in truth looking to him as our father for mercy for past sins, but I’m struggling with the idea I willing grieve the spirit so much it departed, so that brings me to my question, how do I cultivate the spirits companionship, how do I know God is with me I can accept this brokeness and the worst pains in the world as long as I can know in my heart God is pleased with me so I need help with understanding how to know if God accepts me, I know he forgives all sin except the blasphemy of the spirit but does that apply to even me who backslided over a period of three years in gross sins, any input or help to point me to father is appreciated, have a nice day!

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry if this turns into something long before I begin and thank you to whoever takes the time to read this, I’m currently 19 I grew up in church but for a couple months from 16-17 I took God serious at his word and became born again I had understanding of Ecclesiastes without the life experience of it so I over a period of months after committing my life to Christ the deceitfulness of this life drew me away from my put devotion to Christ and when it came time to fight my sins, I eventually stopped fighting and let it overtake me for a number of years, a couple months ago after tasting the rotten fruit I produced from living in sin and chasing the things of this world I now know Ecclesiastes from experience and regret how I’ve lived not only from the rotten fruit but the fact I turned my back on God, I was 17 but that doesn’t take away the responsibility, I’ve been struggling through trying to get my relationship with God right but I’m hitting this brick wall, where it feels like the spirit departed and won’t come back, it’s my only hope in this life and grieving the one thing that gives us life is a huge regret, I feel stuck in this quicksand of my own evil and all I feel is broken and depressed, I’m slowly accepting God forgives all who come to him in truth looking to him as our father for mercy for past sins, but I’m struggling with the idea I willing grieve the spirit so much it departed, so that brings me to my question, how do I cultivate the spirits companionship, how do I know God is with me I can accept this brokeness and the worst pains in the world as long as I can know in my heart God is pleased with me so I need help with understanding how to know if God accepts me, I know he forgives all sin except the blasphemy of the spirit but does that apply to even me who backslided over a period of three years in gross sins, any input or help to point me to father is appreciated, have a nice day!
I have been saved since 1993, but when I started my prayer life 5 years ago, I feel like I am saved all over again for the first time. Victory over addiction, power and purpose. Victory is for you too, don't think because you were saved as a kid, that this is all there is. Addictive sin is not blasphemy of the HS. Say for example you were addicted to inappropriate content, that does not make you unsaved. Say your repent one week, then fall into another week. That does not make you not saved. What makes you not saved, is when you decide that inappropriate content is not a sin anymore and that God should accept you as a proud inappropriate content user. That is a whole new classification of sin. That is what the Bible calls 'practicing sin.' And that is a sign of apostacy. I hope that makes sense. But turning from inappropriate content does not make you saved, so being addicted to it, cannot take salvation away. But again if you decide that you love that sin more than God, and you start to 'practice' it, then that is a sign that the Holy Spirit has left that person. I don't mean that you were addicted five times a day and the 6th time you sinned one too many times. I mean if you come to the place where you are no longer ashamed of that sin, there is no more guilt, and you accept it, embrace it. Come out of the closet as an avid inappropriate content user. That is apostacy. I say inappropriate content because it's so addictive. But it could be sex before marriage, getting drunk, partying, sleeping around, using drugs. Whatever, it could even be compulsive lying. As soon as the shame is gone, no more blushing, no more embarassment over it. That is a sign that God has left that heart. So as long as you desire salvation you are saved. But when you start to love that sin, more than God. That is when there is danger. Now just because salvation is not in jeopardy right now, does not mean that that sin is done bringing death. That sin will bring a curse on your life. Even though the cross has render sin defeated, many don't walk in victory and sin continues to riddle their life with plague. So if in the example of inappropriate content, one was addicted, it is important to light a fire under you to rid yourself of that sin. I read books about it, I Read as many websites as I could find, I knew I was in bondage so I ran as far away as I could. Eventually God gave me victory but it was the hardest thing I did as an adult. After that God gave me victory over several other addictions. But it all started with a prayer life with God. Asking Him for victory. Then believing that He granted that victory I started not only praying for my life, but those lifes of everyone around me. My family, my friends. Eventually satan gave up the battle of inappropriate content in my life. I literally don't even struggle anymore. I have safe guards on all my devices, and I am not even attempted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul wrote, “Flee from fornication.” That is avoid premarital sex. Homosexuality should be avoided as well. A proverb recommends a young man enticed by the beauty and deceit of an adulteress should not desire her embrace. Sexual immorality led to failure after failure.

A young man should be diligent in studies and physical fitness. Avoiding substance abuse and obesity may give a man an advantage in life.

Anger and the desire to fight can engulf a man like a flame. Christ taught non-violence. Forgive if you want to be forgiven.

Some who learned the Gospels succeeded.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Read the parable of the prodigal son again. It's about the father, not just the son. You are coming under condemnation. I suggest you read the article that follows. It will help you.

Are you under condemnation? - Christian Life Frankston

Reactions: Malik k rice
Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The poster above mentioned the parable of the prodigal son. Notice that when the son returned the father did not even allow him to finish his statement, but accepted him and rejoiced over his presence. There is something else to notice the other son was standing on his good works and own efforts but the Father semi rebukes him. The lost sheep, the Lord left the ninety nine to go after the one and brought him back to the fold notice the lost sheep was lost and did not know HOW to return. There is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. You are dealing with condemnation and the enemy attacks on this point with all new believers, some stay in it longer than others. If your good works could save you than why would we need a savior once saved how could we expect our good works to now keep us saved. Christ has redeemed you and you are made righteous by his blood not by your works. Having said that sin will destroy a life, it’s destructive and your rewards will be in jeopardy, we want to walk faithful with the Father. The power of sin is in the law, if we focus on our sin we will continue to sin if we focus on the one who paid for our sin we will find victory. The enemy does this to us all, he is trying to get you to look at yourself for the answer when in fact you don’t have the answer or the ability to overcome, Jesus is your salvation and He deserves the glory. The last Adam is greater than the first Adam.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! It appears that while writing your confession you have taken the first step on to the narrow road you so much desire to be on. It is the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells in each and every believer who brings repentance into the heart. No doubt you have been "quenching" His Spirit in your walk. Many go as far as searing Him and can never come back to the truth. You still know the truth. Now you must believe fully with all your heart, soul and mind so that His work in you can continue through His Holy Spirit. This takes complete abandonment of self and complete faith in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Be blessed and stay healthy!
1 John 5:4
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it feels like the spirit departed
I feel stuck in this quicksand
Notice a pattern above?...
2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) (For we walk by faith, not by sight ) feelings is part of sight.

how do I cultivate the spirits companionship, how do I know God is with me I can accept this brokeness
Taking hold of such promises as these...
Romans 8:31-39 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been struggling through trying to get my relationship with God right

The only thing you need to do is tell God you are sorry. Then start to show that you are sorry by living as you should.

May I suggest you talk to your pastor or youth leader, they know you and can offer better counseling then we can.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, we all regret the stupid things we did in the past and wish we could start life all over again to undo all that, right? Yes, if you truly repent then you will be forgiven.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. Luke 18:11-14

I guess that since we are living in the last of the last days, this is what is happening right now:

And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. Malachi 4:6

Upvote 0

mkdrive2

Site Supporter
Sep 26, 2014
✟54,545.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can accept this brokeness and the worst pains in the world as long as I can know in my heart God is pleased with me so I need help with understanding how to know if God accepts me
I, too, have lived in sin in the past. But I do not tell myself that I absolutely need God's acceptance. It is not something that I can control. I believe one should not obsess over something that is out of one's control. I believe that God is not fond of me, either. I suspect that I am getting punished right now. However, that thought does not upset me. I just accept it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been saved since 1993, but when I started my prayer life 5 years ago, I feel like I am saved all over again for the first time. Victory over addiction, power and purpose. Victory is for you too, don't think because you were saved as a kid, that this is all there is. Addictive sin is not blasphemy of the HS. Say for example you were addicted to inappropriate content, that does not make you unsaved. Say your repent one week, then fall into another week. That does not make you not saved. What makes you not saved, is when you decide that inappropriate content is not a sin anymore and that God should accept you as a proud inappropriate content user. That is a whole new classification of sin. That is what the Bible calls 'practicing sin.' And that is a sign of apostacy. I hope that makes sense. But turning from inappropriate content does not make you saved, so being addicted to it, cannot take salvation away. But again if you decide that you love that sin more than God, and you start to 'practice' it, then that is a sign that the Holy Spirit has left that person. I don't mean that you were addicted five times a day and the 6th time you sinned one too many times. I mean if you come to the place where you are no longer ashamed of that sin, there is no more guilt, and you accept it, embrace it. Come out of the closet as an avid inappropriate content user. That is apostacy. I use inappropriate content because it's so addictive. But it could be sex before marriage, getting drunk, partying, sleeping around, using drugs. Whatever, it could even be compulsive lying. As soon as the shame is gone, no more blushing, no more embarassment over it. That is a sign that God has left that heart. So as long as you desire salvation you are saved. But when you start to love that sin, more than God. That is when there is danger. Now just because salvation is not in jeopardy right now, does not mean that that sin is done bringing death. That sin will bring a curse on your life. Even though the cross has render sin defeated, many don't walk in victory and sin continues to riddle their life with plague. So if in the example of inappropriate content, one was addicted, it is important to light a fire under you to rid yourself of that sin. I read books about it, I Read as many websites as I could find, I knew I was in bondage so I ran as far away as I could. Eventually God gave me victory but it was the hardest thing I did as an adult. After that God gave me victory over several other addictions. But it all started with a prayer life with God. Asking Him for victory. Then believing that He granted that victory I started not only praying for my life, but those lifes of everyone around me. My family, my friends. Eventually satan gave up the battle of inappropriate content in my life. I literally don't even struggle anymore. I have safe guards on all my devices, and I am not even attempted.

where I struggle is me growing up as a Christian is one thing, but when I turned 17 I really committed to being a disciple and then in a matter of months fell from the truth of forsaking sin I settled in my filth and didn’t grow, and now I’m wanting to come back and I’m struggling with accepting he’s forgiven me, because of how broken and numb I feel, I’m happy to hear of your growth in Gods kingdom and pressing on to perfection, because that’s the true treasure of Christianity spirit empowered living growing in faithfulness in the Lord, living a self sacrificing life, I’m really happy to hear this most never take sin serious and follow the convictions, I know I was 17 but when I made that commitment I had a choice and I didn’t think sin as the worst disease and sickeness as it truly is a curse, I didn’t take seriously the fact Christ was made a curse for us so that we might be free, I wasn’t humbly dependent upon God, I regret it completely, if I can get back on the narrow path I desperately want that, I’m struggling with humble dependence upon God currently

Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The poster above mentioned the parable of the prodigal son. Notice that when the son returned the father did not even allow him to finish his statement, but accepted him and rejoiced over his presence. There is something else to notice the other son was standing on his good works and own efforts but the Father semi rebukes him. The lost sheep, the Lord left the ninety nine to go after the one and brought him back to the fold notice the lost sheep was lost and did not know HOW to return. There is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. You are dealing with condemnation and the enemy attacks on this point with all new believers, some stay in it longer than others. If your good works could save you than why would we need a savior once saved how could we expect our good works to now keep us saved. Christ has redeemed you and you are made righteous by his blood not by your works. Having said that sin will destroy a life, it’s destructive and your rewards will be in jeopardy, we want to walk faithful with the Father. The power of sin is in the law, if we focus on our sin we will continue to sin if we focus on the one who paid for our sin we will find victory. The enemy does this to us all, he is trying to get you to look at yourself for the answer when in fact you don’t have the answer or the ability to overcome, Jesus is your salvation and He deserves the glory. The last Adam is greater than the first Adam.
Brother I want to thank you for your reply, the fathers love is great maybe I’m struggling greatly with condemnation but it’s from the verses I see that go like but the one who holds fast to the end will be saved or you have been made a partaker if you Hold fast the beginning of your faith until the end, I agree completely it’s by faith alone we’re saved but faith in Jesus Christ is the foundation, it’s why the Lord says why do you call me lord lord and not do what I say, I see obedience by faith in Jesus Christ as the superstructure, I had built a strong foundation but in the time of testing I had a terrible fall from the truth I ran ahead of God and again you’re right I feel terrible condemned because God did his part and I didn’t fight and do my part so I don’t feel at all worthy to come back, I wasn’t worthy to come in the first place but as a dog went back to it’s vomit I feel even less worthy I thought a lot higher of myself because I was 17 and hadn’t lived much sin out in my life so I had this, I was full of pride which is what led me to this place, not I see how terribly selfish I am and evil, I need God, I need his grace it’s by his mercy I even draw breath, but I’m struggling with having his acceptance because he allowed me a bit of light at such a young age and I didn’t walk in it, my only desire is to walk faithfully with the Lord and do whatever his will is for my life but I struggle with his acceptance as a prodigal son because does it apply to someone who once understood and gave it up anyway? I like those two stories you used because I kinda feel like both apply to me even tho they represent two types of Christians, I want to come home but I’m unsure of how to come home and how to cultivate the spirits companionship and the marks that he’s returned, thanks again for your time brother it blessed me to read your response

Reactions: XAPLTOS
Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! It appears that while writing your confession you have taken the first step on to the narrow road you so much desire to be on. It is the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells in each and every believer who brings repentance into the heart. No doubt you have been "quenching" His Spirit in your walk. Many go as far as searing Him and can never come back to the truth. You still know the truth. Now you must believe fully with all your heart, soul and mind so that His work in you can continue through His Holy Spirit. This takes complete abandonment of self and complete faith in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Be blessed and stay healthy!
1 John 5:4
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
I really didn’t understood how truly marvelous a privilege it is to be called a child of God, a believer in the body of Christ, I had understanding of what a walked looked like “following so and so as he follows Paul as Paul followed Christ”, I saw his footsteps for higher ground but I didn’t have the experience, which is something I think aided my fall as well as the torments from the devil, what is true repentance? I was afraid when I originally came to Christ that I had seared my conscious to the point of no return, but perhaps I’m just one of little faith that’s overthinking everything and simply needs to trust and wait on God, I desperately want to be saved from self, thank you for your response, I’ll work on my faith and love instead of feeling hopeless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Notice a pattern above?...
2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) (For we walk by faith, not by sight ) feelings is part of sight.

Taking hold of such promises as these...
Romans 8:31-39 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Than you for this it helped, I’ve been told an old parable of the past there was a thin wall where feeling followed will and will followed faith, when will turned backed to check on feelings it fell of the cliff and feelings followed it, I see a dire need to hold fast in faith which perhaps why I struggle with condemnation because if I come back on the narrow path there’s a gap in my faith but this verse helped who is he that condemn? In this life the devil brings condemnation and Christ who justifies and it’s by faith I’ll do my best to accept this verse with the whole heart

• Optimistic
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I, too, have lived in sin in the past. But I do not tell myself that I absolutely need God's acceptance. It is not something that I can control. I believe one should not obsess over something that is out of one's control. I believe that God is not fond of me, either. I suspect that I am getting punished right now. However, that thought does not upset me. I just accept it.
Friend, settling for anything less than Gods acceptance is a no, after David messed up he mourned in sackcloth and ashes for days in hope God would have mercy on his child, he didn’t because God will ultimately do as he pleases praise God for that and his infinite wisdom, but you see throughout scripture never to give up with God and to pray constantly and to be shrewd with God, Jacob didn’t let go of God until he blessed him, the persistent widow went back everyday desiring victory from her adversary, but if I just settled for how I felt It’d be easier than struggling and fighting to find truth in God, I don’t belong to myself I have no right to live as I please, God isn’t punishing you or me, punishment and judgment comes when we die, we lie in torment from the penalty of our sins but perhaps God will look in our hearts and see our true sorrow at turning away at his every rebuke, at living life for her our own fancies, our deep regret and have mercy on us poor pitiful creatures, may God have mercy on you to open your heart to his love brother even if it seems hopeless don’t give up

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If Christians would look to Jesus (Hebrews 12:2), many of our problems would be resolved immediately. God may not like your behaviour or your attitudes, but that does not stop Him loving you. He knew what you were like when He saved you. You may be disciplined but you are not being punished. Punishment simply meets out retribution, requiring payment for an action. Discipline is training to effect a change in behaviour. Lord Jesus has already been punished for you.

Quit looking at yourself or expecting anything of yourself. You are already accepted by God - "in the beloved" (Ephesians 1:6 KJV and Young's literal). You died and your life is hidden in Christ with God. So where do you come into it? Answer: only as you try to be what God has already made you to be.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother I want to thank you for your reply, the fathers love is great maybe I’m struggling greatly with condemnation but it’s from the verses I see that go like but the one who holds fast to the end will be saved or you have been made a partaker if you Hold fast the beginning of your faith until the end, I agree completely it’s by faith alone we’re saved but faith in Jesus Christ is the foundation, it’s why the Lord says why do you call me lord lord and not do what I say, I see obedience by faith in Jesus Christ as the superstructure, I had built a strong foundation but in the time of testing I had a terrible fall from the truth I ran ahead of God and again you’re right I feel terrible condemned because God did his part and I didn’t fight and do my part so I don’t feel at all worthy to come back, I wasn’t worthy to come in the first place but as a dog went back to it’s vomit I feel even less worthy I thought a lot higher of myself because I was 17 and hadn’t lived much sin out in my life so I had this, I was full of pride which is what led me to this place, not I see how terribly selfish I am and evil, I need God, I need his grace it’s by his mercy I even draw breath, but I’m struggling with having his acceptance because he allowed me a bit of light at such a young age and I didn’t walk in it, my only desire is to walk faithfully with the Lord and do whatever his will is for my life but I struggle with his acceptance as a prodigal son because does it apply to someone who once understood and gave it up anyway? I like those two stories you used because I kinda feel like both apply to me even tho they represent two types of Christians, I want to come home but I’m unsure of how to come home and how to cultivate the spirits companionship and the marks that he’s returned, thanks again for your time brother it blessed me to read your response

When the Israelites were brought out of Egypt there were none feeble or sick among them, they came out blessed, they came out under God’s grace. When they said we can be holy like God is, that’s when the 10 commandments were given and from that point on sickness and sin ran rampant. The snake was lifted up on the pole as the Lord would be and all who looked upon it were healed. When man assumes he can keep God’s laws he will end up breaking the law, the power of sin is in the law. The Israelites were under law from MT. Sinai until Christ said it is finished. While Christ was walking on this earth He was under the law because He came to fulfill the law. If you look at the gospels Jesus will respond very differently in different situations, and there is a reason for this, those who approached Him in the law were given the law, those who approached Him as the messiah He would give them grace. My brother we all go through this development in understanding how powerful God’s grace really is, I actually think we must. When the rich young ruler came before the Lord he said what must “I” do to inherit eternal life, he did not ask the Lord what will you do that I may have salvation. This was pride so the Lord gave him the law the 10 commandments. Look at the woman caught in adultery the Pharisees (law) brought her to Jesus and He did not condemn her, at all. Why? Because He knew her heart and she called him Lord, she needed a savior. Who’s sin do you assume was greater the rich young ruler or the women caught in adultery, how you see the love and grace of God will be the extent in how intimate you are with Him. Think about it when you first came to know the Lord it was off of pure grace and love so the relationship flowed since then you’ve had religion interjected into you and now it’s do this and that for God to be pleased with you. See what happened it happens to us all, return to your first love because He is the father waiting with open arms for that return. Let me say this as well, if you were to die today you would go to heaven, God does not break covenants and you don’t have the power to break that covenant, this is my point nothing can separate you that is the power of his blood. If your good works could not save you how can your mistakes separate you, if that were the case and you could separate yourself from God your sin or mistakes would be more powerful than the blood of Jesus, in that case Adam would be greater than Jesus Christ and that’s not the case. God is not condemning you, you are condemning yourself which is hindering the Lord from being truly intimate with you. God said I will never leave you nor forsake you and He meant it. Romans 8 nothing can separate us from the love of God not even a man, you can not separate yourself He owns you. It’s important to pay attention to who Jesus is talking to, very important actually or we will get confused. Remember the apostles were under the law and Christ spoke both grace and law to them, no apostle was saved because Jesus had not gone to the cross yet. After Christ rose and ascended the apostles continued to preach the gospel that Jesus had shown them and during this time Paul was in seclusion receiving the revelation of the glorified resurrected Christ. The apostles and Paul met at the Jerusalem council where both gospels were examined and even peter stood up and said Paul’s gospel was the gospel of the risen Lord. Pauls writings are the heart of God, they are post cross. John 1 was written to the gnostics and Hebrews were written to Jews who were not sure if Christ was enough, the author was using logic and things Jews would understand (context). James 2 is talking about interpersonal relationships between men and the very fact that you are concerned about your relationship with God proves you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I spent 10 years trying to perfect myself in the law and felt just like you do and you know what, He never left me and He never forsook me, not once. When I look back he was there every step of the way and because I was trying to fulfill the law my self, my own sin became a problem, a big problem. God is love, perfect love, we confuse ourselves with religion and taking scripture out of context. The power of sin is in the law. I hope that made sense, it’s kinda long.

Upvote 0
May 10, 2020
san francisco
✟16,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what kinds of sins you did, nor would I like any details. But I'm pretty sure there's a very very high chance you didn't commit the unpardonable sin. As for getting right with God. Confess your sins to God, and He is faithful and just to cleanse you from all unrighteous and sin. Then start reading the Bible and praying. More importantly, learn how to meditate the Bible properly, which involves musing over God's Word and prayer as you meditate the Bible. Try making it a daily practice. Trust and obey. That's only way. Your right relation to God is based solely on Christ's finished work. It's based off of trusting in his righteousness alone, not by how holy you are. If you want to walk faithfully with God, you need to learn how to meditate God's Word, and make it a daily practice if possible.

Upvote 0