• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help with emotional problem

K

KingSix18

Ok this is my problem. My girlfriend broke up with me a while ago. I really felt that I loved her...of course I'm only 15 so it might not be ...true love. But so now I have nobody to hang out with at my home. And last night I look out my window and what do I see? My ex-girlfriend and this other guy I've seen around a couple of times. And they're making out. At first I couldn't believe it. I thought I was just imagining things. Then i see him grab her butt. Now I know they're going out. The thing is...it's probably their first day together cuz I haven't seen them like that before. It took us about 5 months until we actually had our first kiss. Now she's kissing a guy on the first day. She told me that you can tell if you really love someone or if it's just infatuation. She read that if you're quick to kiss and do sexual things early in the relationship its not love. But if it takes a while it could be true love. I was happy cuz that's how we were. But she's making out with this guy and letting him grab her butt. I used to think of her as a loving person who wouldn't do that...now I don't know what to think of her. All I can think about are those images in my head. I just get so sad. I want to get over her and stop feeling this way. But I can't. I don't know how to stop thinking about her. I've even considered drug use because I heard that you can forget your problems. Can any of you help me to not think of my ex and her new boyfriend? I can't help but think that she likes him more than she ever liked me. I daydream about killing both of them, about beating them both up then shooting them. I know I shouldn't think this way. She lives real close to my house so every time she and her boyfriend are outside I always see and hear them. Please help me to get them out of my mind. Thanks in advance.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,082.00
Faith
Christian
I dont know what to say but I know your better off without her, this behaviour and thinking of hers is immature and ofcourse sinful. Look up what true love is in the bible.. but dont hate her. Remember you also decided to get into a relationship with her. Alot of people have been through this and have got though it not burned at all. So u can too if you continue to do the right things which is clinging to God and the church. Its now your time to be serious with God - actually it always was. I know im giving advice as if im so good - no I no im sinful more so than you but if you want a life full of meaning and purpose come to Christ.

Keep your heart with all diligence,
for out of it spring the issues of life.
(Proverbs 4.23)

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,082.00
Faith
Christian
Sorry I know I should of said something about the more serious parts of your message such as wanting to kill them and drug use.. I know its coz your hurt bad but staying in self-pity will make it easy for the devil to do anything he wants with you. I hope someone gives u a more helpful message. Drugs will not solve your problems they will make things worse. What You need to do is read the bible because He will fill your heart with a sweet, holy love and her love will feel like nothing compared to Him.
Psalms is good, proverbs is good for advice and wisdom ...
Sorry I couldnt help too much I might post again later I feel so pained trying to think , I feel like I cant do much so I get blank. I will pray for you my brother.
Peace

Upvote 0

Palidan_of_Christ

Mar 26, 2005
✟15,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a girlfrined once, we dated for a very long time. It was about 7 or 8 months until we first kissed. I felt it was true love, ya know? She always held me tightly and always told me how we'd be together forever. I was loyal to her by far. But then she left me for reasons that made her a liar in all she ever said. Immediatly she began dating another guy who was 10 years older then me and her. 2 days after she was dating him they became engaged and having sex..... I always thought she was smarter than that... and I can tell you that it hurt alot. She wanted to be friends and stuff but I can not handle that because every time I would see her it would remind me of how I could never hold her in that special way again. But every opinion about it that I have said... i never told her. I swear I want to tell her... what I'm thinking. They are married now and I have intense lonliness. Still she doesn't know what I wanted to tell her. Now... you see in your situation, the things she said about true love... you want to tell her how much of a hypocrite she is. You must get your feelings out or it will sting for an extremely long long time.... after that forgetting should be much easier...

Upvote 0
P

perfection

The only cure for a lost ex-gf is a new-gf. I encourage you to move with your life. As she is clearly is doing the same, its of no use to use . You know all them drugs,alchol,sigarettes. they are only symptom suppressors, and not problem solvers. In reality a problems stays a problem forever until you solve it. You need to make an effort get yourself a new gf and move on with your life. Honestly you can whine all day over it, but it won't contribute to your life. Your life is too short to worry about losses. Do those things in life which give you the most reward and are not damaging to your health. Therefore you best bet would to get yourself a new-gf.

You know, easy come easy go. Thing what you did wrong was, is that you went into that relationship expecting it to work out just because it concerns you. I should point out to you that trust takes time, and you need to give yourself the time before you trust a girl , because she is beautifull from the outside is no garentee, i have seen the most beautifull woman who afterwards appeared to be lying backstabbers so be warned. And don't open the door to your heart entirelly when you start a relationship, it shows your volunerable and you should avoid getting severly heartbroken like that. Therefore move on, and be carefull be loving to your girl and don't open your heart to fast to them. It's all about continues building up and making a stable relationship in which love goes both way. Don't worry about that ex-girl, you probably see her more, but when you look at yourself you will see you have got nothing to do with her. She probably will brake of her relationship again and want to go back with you.

Anyway time is awasted , hurry up with your life.!!!

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just get so sad. I want to get over her and stop feeling this way. But I can't.
How is it that you can look out of your window and see them? Were they close to your house? If so.. I'd suspect she deliberately made sure you could see her. And if that's the case.. she's probably just using the guy to make you jealous.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've even considered drug use because I heard that you can forget your problems. Can any of you help me to not think of my ex and her new boyfriend? I can't help but think that she likes him more than she ever liked me. I daydream about killing both of them, about beating them both up then shooting them.
Put those thoughts away. They're destructive. They won't solve a thing. They will only create more anger and frustration. And alot worse problems for you.. if you're crazy enough to act on them. Because then.. you will have ruined your life.

Upvote 0