Help Spread The Word

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first began reading about Christian pacifism (a word some Anabaptists do not like, but it was the word with which I was familiar) it was from the works of Anabaptists. (And I might say the most helpful works.)

Some times the 'war weary' need some fresh help. [When my testimony on Christian pacifism was published, the Mennonite manager of a Christian radio station rejected an interview, saying the topic creates more heat than light.]

Many Christians would be amazed to read Charles Spurgeon's clear statements on Christians and war. He is highly respected by evangelicals, reformed, and others. His Morning and Evening devotional is widely published and used. (free online)

Yet few know anything about his faithful words on this topic. Help spread his fresh words...on twitter, facebook, forums, etc.

Here is the link. Charles Spurgeon: On War and Christians

There is also one post with memes of Spurgeon's words.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
quote from the link:
"Spurgeon Speaks to Today’s Christian:
The Lord’s battles, what are they? Not the garment rolled in blood, not the noise, and smoke, and din of human slaughter. These may be the devil’s battles, if you please, but not the Lord’s. They may be days of God’s vengeance but in their strife the servant of Jesus may not mingle. (“War! War! War!” May 1, 1859)

Long have I held that war is an enormous crime; long have I regarded all battles as but murder on a large scale. [“India’s Ills and England’s Sorrows,” September 6, 1857]

Christ’s church hath been also miserably befooled; for this I will assert, and prove too, that the progress of the arms of a Christian nation is not the progress of Christianity,"

Upvote 0