Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so discouraged. How can my husband be so blessed and talented and yes, anointed yet at home for years he calls me dumb stupid etc...

He says I am not trying hard enough, not using my head.

He says not to go against God's anointing.

Today I failed Jesus. I got super angry and swore.

I am tired of being called stupid, dumb idiot., he says I never amounted to anything and that I have nothing to show for all my years. That I do nothing.

He keeps saying people at church think I am dumb too.

He texted me a month ago the following - - "That is my lot, spending my life with someone who doesn't get things. My fault for picking you.
I will NEVER be responsible for your lack of education, wisdom and excellence. Those mediocre attributes are yours and yours alone."

He told me that there are 5 types of people and the kind of person i am, he has to use the rod of discipline to beat the stupidity out of me.

I was super angry today because I have been having back pain and there he goes saying that I need to clean the floor by bending over and picking up any pieces, but bending over is difficult right now. And he's called me dumb, idiot. He wanted a particular kind of meat at a restaurant and I thought it was ok the one I bought but it turned out to be the wrong one. He called me names because of that saying I should have known. This is the second time I picked up from there.

He got a little rough by putting his hand underneath my chin hard and then downstairs too when he pushed me but he says he was just pushing me out of the way.

I told him to keep his "beeping" hands to himself. Not my greatest moment, I sinned bad.

I told him I don't want him to call me names anymore but he said he won't call me names if I don't do anything stupid. I toldhhim calling me names is not normal.

Sunday I realised that he doesn't call me names at church because he knows no one would agree with it so instead he calls me by endearments instead.

He says I am demon possessed, angel of light coming against the man of God. He has said I was not saved. He said today if I left him I probably would go for a woman - which is so very much not true.

I used to spend so much time with the Lord every day when I was single but now it's so hard. I tried praying tonight but I didn't feel much. So then I tried worshipping and it just wasn't the same.

Could the Lord be angry with me?

I am not happy at all. I thought marrying him was the Lord's Will. But from the beginning he was impatient with me and after 4 months the name calling began.

He even said he should not have married me.

To be fair, I was not the neatest or most organized person and he's super neat, but I have worked hard and he even said a few days ago that I have improved.

It's not always this bad. Just a few days ago he said I have improved and he appreciated the things that I take care of at home that he doesn't have to worry about. He sometimes says things like he's proud of me or proud that I am his wife. And during those times it's great as long as I don't mess it up, by dropping something by accident or saying something I know he won't like

But when I mess up its the names again, dumb stupid or idiot.

He says it's normal that married couples fight.

I did call him a fake Christian that thinks because of all the work he does for the Lord, that he is ok.

He even said something like, not exact words, but something along the lines of since what he does at church goes so well, the Lord must be pleased with him

Can the Lord be angry with me or not pleased because I don't keep my mouth shut all the time? I do ignore many things, even cutting remarks at times, but sometimes I just can't take it and respond back in anger.

Before being saved I dated men, one for a long time and he never called me names. I get married to a Christian and I am called names,put down, pushed around .... What's going on???

Last edited:

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am so discouraged. How can my husband be so blessed and talented and yes, anointed yet at home for years he calls me dumb stupid etc...

I am tired of being called stupid, dumb idiot., he says I never amounted to anything and that I have nothing to show for all my years. That I do nothing.

He texted me a month ago the following - - "That is my lot, spending my life with someone who doesn't get things. My fault for picking you.
I will NEVER be responsible for your lack of education, wisdom and excellence. Those mediocre attributes are yours and yours alone."

He told me that there are 5 types of people and the kind of person i am, he has to use the rod of discipline to beat the stupidity out of me.

I was super angry today because I have been having back pain and there he goes saying that I need to clean the floor by bending over and picking up any pieces, but bending over is difficult right now. And he's called me dumb, idiot. He wanted a particular kind of meat at a restaurant and I thought it was ok the one I bought but it turned out to be the wrong one. He called me names because of that saying I should have known. This is the second time I picked up from there.

He got a little rough by putting his hand underneath my chin hard and then downstairs too when he pushed me but he says he was just pushing me out of the way.

I told him to keep his "beeping" hands to himself. Not my greatest moment, I sinned bad.

I told him I don't want him to call me names anymore but he said he won't call me names if I don't do anything stupid. I toldhhim calling me names is not normal.

Sunday I realised that he doesn't call me names at church because he knows no one would agree with it so instead he calls me by endearments instead.

He says I am demon possessed, angel of light coming against the man of God. He has said I was not saved. He said today if I left him I probably would go for a woman - which is so very much not true.

I used to spend so much time with the Lord every day when I was single but now it's so hard. I tried praying tonight but I didn't feel much. So then I tried worshipping and it just wasn't the same.

I am not happy at all. I thought marrying him was the Lord's Will. But from the beginning he was impatient with me and after 4 months the name calling began.

To be fair, I was not the neatest or most organized person and he's super neat, but I have worked hard and he even said a few days ago that I have improved.

It's not always this bad. Just a few days ago he said I have improved and he appreciated the things that I take care of at home that he doesn't have to worry about. He sometimes says things like he's proud of me or proud that I am his wife. And during those times it's great as long as I don't mess it up, by dropping something by accident or saying something I know he won't like

I did call him a fake Christian that thinks because of all the work he does for the Lord, that he is ok.

He even said something like, not exact words, but something along the lines of since what he does at church goes so well, the Lord must be pleased with him

Can the Lord be angry with me or not pleased because I don't keep my mouth shut all the time? I do ignore many things, even cutting remarks at times, but sometimes I just can't take it and respond back in anger.

Before being saved I dated men, one for a long time and he never called me names. I get married to a Christian and I am called names,put down, pushed around .... What's going on???
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire." ~ Matthew 5:22

Pray for your husband.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is too much to going on here to be solved on an internet forum. My advice is to talk to your pastor and be completely honest. You are not helping yourself or your husband by hiding or minimizing anything.

And for the record, nothing about you're husband's behavior that you've described is either smart or anointed.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He is being abusive. Please seek Christian couples counseling with him. Even if he refuses, please do not neglect Christian counseling for yourself. You need support during this difficult time.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Maybe this is my fault though. I am not a go getter, others have goals or talents and they know where they are going, what they can do.

I often admire people who knew what they wanted to be since young as I was never like that. I kind of worked my way into my career and didn't finish college. And admire people who have business ideas , wish I could but I don't have any.

I am very distracted. No natural talents. I have no goals.... People think I am nice and kind but that doesn't get one anywhere.

• Friendly
Reactions: Beloved2018
Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What you are going through is tough! I believe marriage christian counseling does really help.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Maybe this is my fault though. I am not a go getter, others have goals or talents and they know where they are going, what they can do.

I often admire people who knew what they wanted to be since young as I was never like that. I kind of worked my way into my career and didn't finish college. And admire people who have business ideas , wish I could but I don't have any.

I am very distracted. No natural talents. I have no goals.... People think I am nice and kind but that doesn't get one anywhere.

I would think God has made you with talents. Our culture does have an emphasis on high achieving careers.

Just because your husband is, does not mean you have to be. If you aren't called to do anything other than loving your neighbour and to be a wife, I believe that's an honour just as much as it is running a business for the community.

Your husband also has control issues (after reading it again). He rewards you when you are doing the right thing and then punishes you when you slip up. So he has control/perfectionism issues it sounds like with neat thing as well. I believe he's stuck in works of the flesh, keeping up appearances type of thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are going through is tough! I believe marriage christian counseling does really help...

Your husband does sound like he's stuck in works and shouldn't be calling you mean names and should be walking in love as you should be too.

Marriage was created to be a sanctuary of love, support and growing together in Christ. It's also about learning to communicate our needs to the other and to help one another, not to fight with each other.

I suggest the way to counseling would be to gently asking him. I also suggest bible reading for yourself to combat the strife going on.

I wish my marriage was like that, a sanctuary. It's not. I asked him to go to counselling and he has refused.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very clumsy which doesn't help. . Example I dropped my phone on our wooden floors, then later put a lint roller on one of our desks and a tiny amount of the finish came off... All in one day. So perhaps I would try the patience of a Saint?

He says the Lord showed him dreams about me, warning him

He makes me feel as if the Lord is one his side not mine

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish my marriage was like that, a sanctuary. It's not. I asked him to go to counselling and he has refused.

Yes, well he'll be in denial. I didn't think of that. He'd be in denial if he thinks he is doing the right thing.

As for your mistakes, they sound like normal things we all do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please do not go for couples counselling as it usually makes things worse.

Your husband I am afraid is showing the signs of a narcissistic personality diordered person. You said the honeymoon lasted 4 months and this is the typical time for them to move from the idealisation phase to the devaluing phase. Please google narcissistic abuse and educate yourself before he destroys you. Yes it can be that bad. So sorry but you will not get him to change as he sees you as the problem and ministers are renowned for not advising abused women properly.

You will have to leave him but safely. God does not want us to put ourselves in abusive situations and you did not know he had NPD when you married him so were incapable of making a marriage contract.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was not a marriage to start with. If a person has been kept from the truth of what their partner has regarding mental illness or personality disorder, God will not hold them to that person as they were deceived or important information was not known/disclosed. The Catholic church knows this better than other churches.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would move out for some time. Time for you to think and time for him to think. Obviously counselling should be an option at some point.

No way you should be treated like that. Never.

He is breaking Jesus's commandment to love one another!

Ask God for guidance. Seek good advice.

God bless and protect you.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟399,964.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like your husband is not fulfilling his marital duties - namely to love his wife - fueled by some very strange doctrines. I would recommend seeking pastoral care at a different church where God's Word is clearly taught and the Gospel being its main focus.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Hello. I've faced some difficult times like that with a friend of mine and have criticized and rebuked her when I should have encouraged her. I usually go back and apologize and try to uplift her again. Yours is a more serious relationship as it's a covenant relationship. The principles are still the same (Galatians 6:2, Colossians 3:13), ie, bear with each other and thus fulfill the law of Christ. You're both Christians, in your own way. Peace in Christ.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

First of all, you are not stupid. You are not dumb. You are not deserving of this kind of abuse.

Your husband is not loving you as God commands. He is abusing you.

Get out of there. If he has threatened to beat you and is getting rough and putting his hands on you in a rough and violent way then you are in serious danger.

Please, for your own safety, tell someone you trust what's happening and do what you can to get out of that house and away from your husband. Do not return to him until it is safe to do so.

Upvote 0