• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Help me understand...

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Josiah, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo66 man

solo66 man Well-Known Member

+2
    If you search the scripture, which I will not do right now, you will see the Trinity is definitely in the Bible.

In revelation the rapture is inferred. But actually, the arguement as to whether or not there is truely a ropture or not is an ancient arguement.

The Saducees, who were very interested in the here and now, because they were mostly very well to do, did not believe there will be a rapture nor did they believe there is a life after death.

The Pharasees, who lived much a more austere life of devotion to God, believed there would be a rapture and believed in a life after death.

Yes, there is a rapture.

2. camaro540

camaro540 Regular Member

+0
    Messianic
    Hello everyone.....

First off, let me say I am sorry for coming acrossed like
    a mad man. I, and my wife have re-read my post's, and
    although I don't really see where my "attitude" is, I didn't
    mean to sound like I'm god, and know it all.

I will try to respond from now on a little more gentle. I
    tend to be very direct, I love directness, but God will deal
    with me, and change me the way He wants me.

From now on, I will try to "share", and not come acrossed
    like I'm "cramming" things down people's throughts.

I love God our Father, Jesus Yashua the Son, and the Holy Spirit
    with all of my heart, and soul.

To answer one question: I believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and
    the life.... No man shall come to the Father, except by Him (Jesus)

Patrick

3. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    Apologist,

Act 15:36-40 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they do.
    37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
    38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
    39 And the contention was so sharp between them , that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

The Greek meaning for "sharp & contention "

("paroxysm"); incitement (to good), or dispute (in anger):--contention, provoke unto.

Paul was a teacher & definately a servant do we agree?

What I did was not a bad thing and it brought about an apology :)

So, I am sorry bro if you got offended or think it shouldn't have been done, to me it was warrented.

God Bless you dude! :)

M.O.G.

4. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    camaro540, I had & have no bad feelings there bro!

God Bless ya & welcome! :)

M.O.G.

5. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    SORRY GUYS MY WIFE WAS LOGGED IN, OH WELL.

Hi RKBO haven't seen you around lately. :)

6. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+11
    Christian
    Hi Mandy.

No, I was not offended in the least. I was mearly stating a good verse to remember when there is strife or contention. it was more food for thought than a rebuke to you my friend.

God Bless you too sister! :)

7. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+11
    Christian
    I posted this:

Hi Mandy.

No, I was not offended in the least. I was mearly stating a good verse to remember when there is strife or contention. it was more food for thought than a rebuke to you my friend.

God Bless you too sister!

Hey M.O.G,

I am confused now. LOL
    Should I have said "sister" or "brother" in the above post?

God Bless

8. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    Mandy is my wife, we share a computer and I forgot to log her out before posting. I am a brother. :D

M.O.G

9. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Hello Mandy and husband,

Welcome to the forum! :)

You made a good and kind reply. I hope that everyone will be so thoughtful in their posts.

Cheers,

YM

10. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    We thank you for the welcome Yauming! :)

p.s. this is Mandy.

11. marmaladePRO

marmaladePRO Active Member

+6
    Non-Denom
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    and the two shall become one... this dual personality husband and wife act happenned with my wife and i here on this board too! great fun...
    :)

12. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    I'm glad we're not the only ones!

13. Willis Deal

Willis Deal Member

+0
    Lest we forget, Paul was later reconciled to John Mark.

14. BK_30

BK_30 secret agent:licensed to witness

+0
    but did Peter and Paul ever reconcile?

15. Willis Deal

Willis Deal Member

+0
    Of course, they were brothers in Christ. It isn't as if Peter wasn't used to being humbled. Jesus did it to him on a regular basis. Remember when he had to get back in the boat wet after trying to walk on water? Remember Jesus' sharp words after Peter wanted to rain fire down on the city? Wasn't Paul's rebuke just another instance of God having to pull Peter back in line, and wouldn't Peter have recognized that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.