Help me understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
If you search the scripture, which I will not do right now, you will see the Trinity is definitely in the Bible.

In revelation the rapture is inferred. But actually, the arguement as to whether or not there is truely a ropture or not is an ancient arguement.

The Saducees, who were very interested in the here and now, because they were mostly very well to do, did not believe there will be a rapture nor did they believe there is a life after death.

The Pharasees, who lived much a more austere life of devotion to God, believed there would be a rapture and believed in a life after death.

Yes, there is a rapture.

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Hello everyone.....

First off, let me say I am sorry for coming acrossed like
a mad man. I, and my wife have re-read my post's, and
although I don't really see where my "attitude" is, I didn't
mean to sound like I'm god, and know it all.

I will try to respond from now on a little more gentle. I
tend to be very direct, I love directness, but God will deal
with me, and change me the way He wants me.

From now on, I will try to "share", and not come acrossed
like I'm "cramming" things down people's throughts.

I love God our Father, Jesus Yashua the Son, and the Holy Spirit
with all of my heart, and soul.

To answer one question: I believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and
the life.... No man shall come to the Father, except by Him (Jesus)

Patrick

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by Apologist

Also consider the verse under my forum name: 2 Tim 2:24-26:

"And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."

God Bless my friends :)

Apologist,

Act 15:36-40 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they do.
37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 And the contention was so sharp between them , that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

The Greek meaning for "sharp & contention "

("paroxysm"); incitement (to good), or dispute (in anger):--contention, provoke unto.

Paul was a teacher & definately a servant do we agree?

What I did was not a bad thing and it brought about an apology :)

So, I am sorry bro if you got offended or think it shouldn't have been done, to me it was warrented.

God Bless you dude! :)

M.O.G.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Mandy

Apologist,

Act 15:36-40 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they do.
37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 And the contention was so sharp between them , that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

The Greek meaning for "sharp & contention "

("paroxysm"); incitement (to good), or dispute (in anger):--contention, provoke unto.

Paul was a teacher & definately a servant do we agree?

What I did was not a bad thing and it brought about an apology :)

So, I am sorry bro if you got offended or think it shouldn't have been done, to me it was warrented.

God Bless you dude! :)

M.O.G.

Hi Mandy.

No, I was not offended in the least. I was mearly stating a good verse to remember when there is strife or contention. it was more food for thought than a rebuke to you my friend.

God Bless you too sister! :)

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
I posted this:

Hi Mandy.

No, I was not offended in the least. I was mearly stating a good verse to remember when there is strife or contention. it was more food for thought than a rebuke to you my friend.

God Bless you too sister!

Hey M.O.G,

I am confused now. LOL
Should I have said "sister" or "brother" in the above post?

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Of course, they were brothers in Christ. It isn't as if Peter wasn't used to being humbled. Jesus did it to him on a regular basis. Remember when he had to get back in the boat wet after trying to walk on water? Remember Jesus' sharp words after Peter wanted to rain fire down on the city? Wasn't Paul's rebuke just another instance of God having to pull Peter back in line, and wouldn't Peter have recognized that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.