Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Look at what Christianity is like now. Asked for help in learning the language on a Christian forum.
And no one agreed to help.

I understand that no one owes me anything. But it is sad that calling ourselves Christians, we are deaf to the needs of our neighbors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Try a language learning website maybe?
I use Duolingo. There is progress, but it is very slow. During the year of study, I still did not learn to understand English by ear. Including due to insufficient vocabulary.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I use Duolingo. There is progress, but it is very slow. During the year of study, I still did not learn to understand English by ear. Including due to insufficient vocabulary.
I am trying to learn Spanish on duolingo and am currently a bit ticked at the hearts system trying to learn present tense. Due to my CP and having a hard time being understood anyway I will not even try the speaking part.

I am willing to try to help now just how much help I will be online I do not know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to learn Spanish on duolingo and am currently a bit ticked at the hearts system trying to learn present tense. Due to my CP and having a hard time being understood anyway I will not even try the speaking part.

I am willing to try to help now just ow much help I will be online I do not know.
Thank you very much. I don't need to speak English right now, so I decided to put that part aside. It is important for me to practice listening now so that I can listen to audio in English. I can read using Google translator. But I can’t listen yet.

If you can recommend me a Christian audios for children 6-8 years old, I would be very grateful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you very much. I don't need to speak English right now, so I decided to put that part aside. It is important for me to practice listening now so that I can listen to audio in English. I can read using Google translator. But I can’t listen yet.

If you can recommend me a Christian audios for children 6-8 years old, I would be very grateful.
I am not sure about that. There are likely youtube videos that could help you or even if you could find them English movies with sub-titles.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure about that. There are likely youtube videos that could help you or even if you could find them English movies with sub-titles.
What I myself find on YouTube for children 6-8 years old is boring and uninteresting for me. Therefore, if you could give me links, so that at least there would be something Christian or educational. So that with my vocabulary of 2000 words I could understand and be interested. I would be very grateful. Because I can't find it myself.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What I myself find on YouTube for children 6-8 years old is boring and uninteresting for me. Therefore, if you could give me links, so that at least there would be something Christian or educational. So that with my vocabulary of 2000 words I could understand and be interested. I would be very grateful. Because I can't find it myself.
why are you looking for material for six to eight year olds?

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
why are you looking for material for six to eight year olds?
My English is at the American preschool level.

What is your inscription? "March is colon cancer awareness month." Sounds like a black magic threat (March is soon).

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My English is at the American preschool level.

What is your inscription? "March is colon cancer awareness month." Sounds like a black magic threat (March is soon).
nope Colon cancer was what took my father in 15 he died as a result of it. Most cancers have a month January through November none in December for some reason where people bring awareness to that particular cancer and in some cases encourage preventive screenings if one exist ( as is the case with colon cancer) The one below that is for skin cancer and their awareness month is in May my aunt died of that in February of last year.

Cancer by the way if you did not know is a type of sickness where the cells of your body grow and spread to other parts of the body.

Many people live through it with treatment, but many also die of the disease( sickness) spreads too far or goes untreated for too long.

I am not trying to insult you by defining cancer, but if your English was at that level I was unsure if you would know what I was talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
nope Colon cancer was what took my father in 15 he died as a result of it. Most cancers have a month January through November none in December for some reason where people bring awareness to that particular cancer and in some cases encourage preventive screenings if one exist ( as is the case with colon cancer) The one below that is for skin cancer and their awareness month is in May my aunt died of that in February of last year.

Cancer by the way if you did not know is a type of sickness where the cells of your body grow and spread to other parts of the body.

Many people live through it with treatment, but many also die if the disease( sickness) spreads too far or goes untreated for too long.

I am not trying to insult you by defining cancer, but if your English was at that level I was unsure if you would know what I was talking about.
Please accept my condolences on the death of your father.

But change the inscription. Because to those who read you, this sounds like threat by a black magic to give the reader cancer. God forbid!
In general, an unpleasant impression.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's Bluey, which is pretty good despite being aimed at a younger audience. There is one potential problem, however. It's an Australian cartoon, so the characters have Australian accents (which could be harder to understand if you are not used to it) and use some Australian vocabulary that's less common in the rest of the world. But it's definitely one of the more enjoyable shows aimed at a younger audience.

But change the inscription. Because to those who read you, this sounds like threat by a black magic to give the reader cancer. God forbid!
In general, an unpleasant impression.
I do not think any native English speaker would think it is a threat of black magic to give the reader cancer and would instead understand it as a statement of trying to make people more aware of colon cancer. But someone who is not a native English speaker might not quite understand it.

Also, the term in English for text or images under a post on a message board is signature, not inscription.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There's Bluey, which is pretty good despite being aimed at a younger audience. There is one potential problem, however. It's an Australian cartoon, so the characters have Australian accents (which could be harder to understand if you are not used to it) and use some Australian vocabulary that's less common in the rest of the world. But it's definitely one of the more enjoyable shows aimed at a younger audience.
Thanks for the advice, but I thought that perhaps I would not be interested in listening to what was being said for children. My vocabulary is about 3000 words, so I say it's preschool level. But it will be difficult for me to keep attention on children's shows, because it is not interesting.

Maybe I should learn English proverbs by heart?
I do not think any native English speaker would think it is a threat of black magic to give the reader cancer and would instead understand it as a statement of trying to make people more aware of colon cancer. But someone who is not a native English speaker might not quite understand it.
It seems to me that Google Translate translates the content quite accurately. Therefore, I do not accept your objections.

I'm not saying that this will necessarily have an impact on anyone, only that it will be unpleasant for readers.

If it were so easy to kill opponents with the help of magic, then there would be no need for saboteurs in war.
Also, the term in English for text or images under a post on a message board is signature, not inscription.
And it’s not at all clear what this refers to.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that Google Translate translates the content quite accurately. Therefore, I do not accept your objections.

I'm not saying that this will necessarily have an impact on anyone, only that it will be unpleasant for readers.

If it were so easy to kill opponents with the help of magic, then there would be no need for saboteurs in war.

I'm a native (and therefore fluent) English speaker. I understood what was being said. I can't speak for every native English speaker, but I'm pretty sure almost all of them would understand it as I did, and none would find it unpleasant in the way you describe or that they would consider it to have anything to do with black magic. The reason you misunderstood it is because you are not a native or fluent English speaker. Please accept my assurances that it was clearly a statement of making people aware of colon cancer and had no suggestion of threatening people or anything to do with black magic, and I am sure that people fluent in English would not interpret it in the way you did.

And it’s not at all clear what this refers to.
I was saying that the term you should have been using is "signature". People on a message board can often set a "signature" which is something that appears below all of their posts. You were calling it an "inscription", but the term is "signature". Signature has other definitions, but on a message board it refers to the text that appears below someone's post (I do not have a signature).

Upvote 0